Five days after I placed my order, only the shipping label has been created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
Five days ago, I decided to use an online store called Vaporfi which I had never used before (I had heard the name, though). Five days after paying for my vape, this is the current tracking status of my order: "YOUR PACKAGE IS Awaiting Carrier Pickup. The shipping label has been created. Your package will be picked up by the carrier soon. Check back for updates on your delivery, or sign up for notifications."

I don't understand how this even possible. How could the package just have a tracking label five days after purchase? They are in Miami and I'm in Palm Beach. It's about an hour drive. Maybe they never had the device and are ordering it from China.

At the bottom of their emails, there's a hyperlink
that says "HELP CENTER". When you click on that, you are brought to a page that states: "Oops, this help center no longer exists. The company you're looking for is no longer using our help center. We suggest reaching out to them directly via their official website."

Then you go to their website. It says "Support" on the left bar and a virtual assistant comes up which doesn't provide you with any real help at all because it just has some preprogrammed responses to a few questions.

The vape device is $26.95. It is $50 if I go to a store around here. I did order some coils so the grand total came to $36.95. Shipping and handling was $12.95. Florida state tax was $3.06. County tax was .51 for a grand total of $54.45. So if I paid just a couple of dollars extra, I could have had the device that day from a store 10 minutes away. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and not have purchased the vape device online as well as using a company I didn't properly research.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    This sounds more like a Chinese company. The tracking number you were given is probably a usps number and won't be active until the package hits the USA. I'm not familiar with Vaporfi, but looking online, they have terrible reviews, mostly about long shipping times or not receiving the product at all. My advice is to wait it out, because people haven't had luck contacting them. If your package never arrives, then do a chargeback with your credit card company.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Florida
    VaporFi is legit. Submit a ticket to support. I did recenctly and they got back to me in a day.
    They are. They seemed genuinely apologetic that it was taking this long. Another big problem with online ordering is these moronic companies that do the delivering for them do not keep up to date with the tracking. It will say, "shipping label has been created and is waiting for transport" and they could try to deliver the very same day it says that. Since they need a signature, if you are not home, you have to reschedule a time for them to come. I was not home until night on Friday. I texted the carrier and he said, "we don't work weekends so we'll try again on Monday." Maybe using the Chinese companies is the best bet at this point. Do the Chinese companies require a signature upon delivery?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    They are. They seemed genuinely apologetic that it was taking this long. Another big problem with online ordering is these moronic companies that do the delivering for them do not keep up to date with the tracking. It will say, "shipping label has been created and is waiting for transport" and they could try to deliver the very same day it says that. Since they need a signature, if you are not home, you have to reschedule a time for them to come. I was not home until night on Friday. I texted the carrier and he said, "we don't work weekends so we'll try again on Monday." Maybe using the Chinese companies is the best bet at this point. Do the Chinese companies require a signature upon delivery?

No, the Chinese don't require signatures, but our days with getting cheap products from China may be near an end. The Chinese government is cracking down on the export of tobacco products, including vape hardware. Fasttech has already limited purchases to stock on hand. The other companies have yet to follow suit, but that could change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread