USPS "Shipping Label Created" ... So, why don't they ship the package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
It very well may be in transit right now, you may get it any day.

This can happen when the shipper hands off the package in a bulk dump (delivery) to the USPS, and the USPS never scans that it has accepted it. A couple of missed scans latter, its at its destination. The USPS is notorious for not giving a rats behind as they are "pubic servants" (LOL).

Best of luck, :?)
R

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I'm sure you will get a Replacement Cap. But it might take some time.

Well, you said it may take some time ... Why would this guy waste time making a Shipping Label if he don't even have the part to mail me ... makes no sense.

Could have just told me he don't have an extra battery cap, but will mail it when he does have one ... I guess that approach would make more sense.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, you said it may take some time ... Why would this guy waste time making a Shipping Label if he don't even have the part to mail me ... makes no sense.

Could have just told me he don't have an extra battery cap, but will mail it when he does have one ... I guess that approach would make more sense.

It could be part of the Software he uses to do a RMA. Or it could be Part of his Bookkeeping / Inventory Procedure. Or it might be that he Did have the Cap, it was Shipped, and is in the Mailman's truck as we speak.

Hard to say.

What date were you notified that the Seller had made a Shipping Label for your Replacement Cap? The 26th? Which was a Friday.

I'd give it a Few more days and see what Happens.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I deal quite a bit with the post office and postal indicia and their tracking system before after and during the holiday season is by far the worst.

A couple things could have happened:

1. The vendor created the label and hasn't tendered it to the postal service yet.
2. They are using software and didn't transmit their end of day transferring the parcels to the PO

Or

3. Your package didn't go through their automated sort and segregation system and was handled manually. If this is true a carrier has to manually scan your package at each sortation center (ya right).

I tried getting my God Mod before Christmas from a seller on eBay for under $100. After I bought it, he sent it out and gave me the tracking number. The tracking showed it was sent out and then returned to him. After asking him about it, he gave me another tracking number. The new tracking number showed the old tracking info and that the info was received but nothing ever happened.

Long story short, I never got the package, USPS claimed the seller messed up addressing the package twice and the other guy says the USPS messed up sending the package out. Based on the seller's attitude and what I found through my several calls to the postal service, I believe the guy is either a complete ..... and/or was trying to scam me so I ended up just buying it locally for less than $15 more.

I'm guessing you didn't buy this via eBay so I'd stay especially vigilant and document everything in case you gotta file for a refund with the CC company or Paypal.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
The mod works good, and the battery cap still screws on and off (but not smoothly), so if I don't get a replacement cap, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

And it may come in the mail in a few days.

I just wish this vendor would answer his phone even once. You can't leave a call-back number either, because his 'mailbox' is full, so it won't take your message.

Hell of a way to run a business.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
OP, out of curiosity, is this a juice vendor in NY. I only ask as I have had the same experience with a NY based juice vendor who I absolutely love, but the shipping seems to take longer in state than some out of state vendors I've used. I also think it may be because they make the shipping label upon order and then make the juice itself, so label to on the USPS truck could be two days right there.
That wouldn't be ITC Vapes by any chance? Even living here in southern CA
my juice orders arrive in three business days via USPS priority mail..love their juice!

KC1BLE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Concord
I have found that usually, the shipper creates a label through USPS.com or a similar shipping company but they may only ship packages one or two days a week. I really hate it when they do that. I recently paid for expedited shipping only to have my order sit in the warehouse for 3 days before it made it to the post office. USPS got the package finally and I received the 3 day shipping on their part, but not the vendors.

I sell quite a bit on EBAY and I always get my orders to the post office the very next day. I always assume when someone places an order, they are waiting for the item to arrive. Why can't everybody be more like me lol.

To sum it all up, it is usually not the USPS that is slow, it is the vendor.
:2c:

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
So, your saying that this vendor may have created his own USPS shipping label and never got around to taking the package to the post office?
Yepper...It's possible they did not yet get it to the post office.

Also however I have seen USPS tracking fall flat on it's face at times. Occasionally the only update after "Shipping Label Created" was "delivered" after it was delivered.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I firmly believe that the USPS in Texas is still using the Pony Express. I order from west coast vendors on Friday, and it's in the mailbox on Monday on the east coast.
This happened last week. An order placed in Washington state shipped on Saturday and got here Monday. Order shipped on Saturday from Texas vendor, just got to SC this afternoon....may get here Friday. As many have said here...."go figure".

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
How does this story end?

I found the thread while searching to see if there were any current USPS horror threads.

Without a doubt, their tracking is garbage.

Vape Wild set up shipping for a package on the 9th - from Texas. On the 10th it was in the hands of the USPS. Now, 1/15, USPS tracking still shows it in Texas.
Pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread