Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
I had ordered/payed for the chrome extended battery cap for my satin finish red LED Provari, but they sent me the satin finish extended cap instead. Seems even Provape can screw up. I've emailed them and am waiting to hear back. I'm sure they'll correct this. Provape sure doesn't put any effort into packaging. Received the device and extras I had ordered in individual zip-lock baggies in a USPS self-shipping box with a few styro peanuts. Oh, the Provari itself was bubble wrapped. No problem since everything was in order, just a little surprised there was no nice boxing or anything at this price point. Also, no instructions provided. Yes I know you can download them, but nothing comes with the device. Really? Oh well, back to first impressions.

• With the standard battery cap, it's a lot shorter than I was expecting it to be. I thought maybe they had sent me the Mini instead! With the extended battey cap it's still shorter than my LT (now my back up VV device).
  • As EVERYONE has stated, top notch fit, finish
  • Weighs a good bit more than my LT, but still very comfortable to me. Feels substantial in my hand if that makes any sense.
  • The two 18650 batteries came with 3.9 V charges, so I could begin using it right away on one while I charged the other.
  • The one-button menu system for info and making setting changes is a cinch. I can't imagine anyone would consider this a negative. At least no one that has actually used it!
  • LOVE being able to see what the carto resistance is since I have a mix and haven't done a good job of organizing them yet.
  • The 16 second cutoff is so much better for me than the 10 seconds on my LT because I take long, slow puffs where the LT would sometimes cut off before I was finished.
  • My Smoketch DCTs work perfectly on it (well at least as good as they did on the LT). But, now they sit perfectly square on the device (unlike my LT)
  • I really like the confidence it gives in knowing that the voltage you set is the voltage you are getting. With the LT, you just aren't sure if a voltage change is really being applied.
  • Worth the difference in price with the LT? Hmm... Am I happy with it? Yes! The feel of quality and precision it gives is hard for me to put a price on, but, now that I have, I don't want to give it up!

Last edited:

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Congrats on your PV.. try to vape parallel to your mouth and the button downward and push it and take a drag see if you feel something is loose.. mine does that and only with the new version of v2's...later i found out is the battery and i saw pbusardo's review and he has the same issue.. but not the v2 that i purchase a year before this, they have no issue:(

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Just received my black satin V2 hours ago. Who knew? Well, actually, I did -- from everything I'd read about the Provari on ECF.

Works PERFECTLY with everything I put on it. Knowing the resistance and roughing the voltage (ohms X 2.5) works fine so far. Who knew varying the voltage would make such a difference. What it does to Boba's Bounty alone is unbelievable!

I didn't mind the lack of packaging frills at all. The Provari looks and feels great and delivers what it promises beautifully. Vaping's come a LONG way since I got my first V4L kit back in the day.

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mine doesn't do that either, but I've seen a fair number of people reporting the same issue. It's probably worth contacting ProVape to report it. I think so, anyway.

contact provape and they suggest to pull out a bit the springs on the end cap.. it help though.. maybe if anyone has these problem the solution that i got from provape helped..

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Thanks, Flyer. Yes, that number sobers me every time I see it when I post. Saddens me, actually, for what I did to my lungs. I'm okay (I'm almost 68, smoked since I was 14: 53-54 years). Have some COPD, though not major, and nothing else. So I'm lucky, I guess.

I felt an immediate difference at the end of the first day vaping, two years / seven months ago. And a BIG difference today. I LOVED smoking. But I REALLY love vaping. All the pleasures and satisfaction of smoking with none of the 4000 toxic drawbacks. Not to mention it's about one-tenth the cost of smoking, for me.

The biggest surprise of the Provari, so far, for me? How the oHms can differ so much even in the same batch of (particularly) Stardusts. 1.6-2.9. Not the U.S. suppliers' fault: China's. I had no idea one five-pack could vary so much. Now, I just check the resistance of whatever I put on the Provari and vary the voltage from there, using the 2.5 rule (which I read, thoroughly explained, elsewhere here on ECF). VV makes ALL the difference. Easy to stay under the error code limits (haven't had one yet) and quickly find my sweet spot for each.

I've also found (and this is less than 24 hours after my Provari arrived) that I'm vaping somewhat LESS with the Provari, for some surprising reason. Took several hours before I realized I wasn't vaping quite as often as usual. Same satisfaction, with slightly less vaping. So a bit less e-juice consumption, then. (I go through 3-4 ml a day, at 26mg nicotine.) Go figure.

I also thoroughly researched the Darwin along with the Provari. In the end, though, it came down to looks as well as functionality. (PBusardo's hysterical but informative YouTube review helped too.)

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm all about streamlined, classic, sophisticated good looks. "Cool" is, uh, my middle name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread