E Cigs Vs Nicotine Gum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirk

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2009
UK
Hello,

I have managed to stop smoking voer the last couple of years with no nicotine for up to 3 months at a time... recently I have been using the gums just because I like them...

I am thinking of getting an ecig as a cleaner alternative to smoking... how does an ecig compare to a 4mg nicotine gum in terms of strength, pleasurability and amount of nicotine absorbed?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello,

I have managed to stop smoking voer the last couple of years with no nicotine for up to 3 months at a time... recently I have been using the gums just because I like them...

I am thinking of getting an ecig as a cleaner alternative to smoking... how does an ecig compare to a 4mg nicotine gum in terms of strength, pleasurability and amount of nicotine absorbed?

The amount of nicotine absorbed via any method would be so varied depending on the subjective nature of process that one would have to have 'before and after blood tests' to actually determine what gets to the bloodstream, so consulting a doctor would be more accurate than what anyone here could suggest.

If you were completely off nicotine, I'd advise to just stay that way. Since you apparently still have a need for some, using an ecigarette may be a way for you to ween yourself more easily from the habit. And as many here would say - that the visual feedback of the vapor may be as big a part of the habit as the nicotine itself.

I'd suggest trying lower levels of nicotine from 0-8mg with an ecig and progressively reduce that to 0mg.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Wecome to ECF, Nirk! [It appears that it might be premature to welcome you to vaping.]

I have nothing to add to Kent's answers to your nicotine-delivery questions. It is the pleasurablity issue I want to address. Kent pointed out the "visual feedback of the vapor." I think most smokers insufficiently appreciate how much those wisps of smoke are part of the experience. And it continue with e-cigarettes; we just call it vapor.

Also, the hand-to-mouth and inhalation (especially "throat hit") aspects. Patches or gum don't address that. Last and foremost (to me) is the flavor, although you may get that from your gum. An exsmoker friend of mine (who is still addicted to nicotine) is not that interested in vaping: she enjoys the nicotine lozenges she sucks.

But for smokers who enjoy the process of smoking (not just satisfying nicotine craving), vaping ist wunderbar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread