Going From Nicorette to E-cig, Advise please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynch86

Feb 14, 2010
bedford, uk
Hi folks, I've quit smoking lately as a virus has knackered my legs and analogues now cause me considerable leg pain. I'm guessing it's all that lovely carbon monoxide :D

Anyway, I quit cold turkey for 7 days, then got some rancid gum for 2 days and for the last 7 I've been using a nicorette inhalator.

I'd like to try an e-cig to replace the inhalator, this way I can reduce my nicotine intake to 0. Whilst appeasing my considerable psychological need to smoke.

My question (finally) to you nice people in the know is how stronger juice should I get/make.

I currently use 1 cartridge of nicorette inhalator a day, which is roughly equivalent to 2-3mg of absorbed nicotine I believe (10mg in it, 4mg delivered, 2mg absorbed through the mouth and oesophageal lining according to tests).

I usually have a few 'puffs' on it every 1-2 hours at home or suck on it permanently when around all my chain smoking friends.

Any tips on dosage, general advise, verbal abuse appreciated thanks :banana:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Hello lynch86. Congrats on quitting! Hope you can keep up the good work! I used the nic inhaler for a while, and they are surprisingly effective, but way expensive.

Since one nic cartridge is lasting you a day, I would suggest starting out with a KR808d-1 with low-nic cartomizers. I am thinking 8 mg or less. Several vendors listed here sell them. Here is the forum for it:

KR808D-1 - E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread