E-cigs in local store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
So yesterday I was out getting new tires on my truck and while I waited I went to the store next door to the shop to get a Pepsi. As I was checking out I happened to notice they had some Eco-cigs Disposable e-Cigs hanging behind the counter.

It isn't one I'd use personally but still noteworthy since it's the first time I've seen an e-cig in a store locally. :thumb:

It's so weird. I run across e-cigs in a lot of stores in the Bay Area, CA, but they always sell some random and UGLY off-brands I've never heard of. I actually first learned of e-cigs at a mall where there was a kiosk for "smoking anywhere" cigs. I thought they were ugly as sin so I didn't purchase any until I went online and found the more aesthetically pleasing brands.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I asked my local Smoke shop to carry/stock some stuff. I even showed him what I used and made recommendations for what to stock. He got some "off" brand disposable crap in. I asked asked why this stuff and was told it's a matter of suppliers. He uses a certain supplier and this is all they carried. I asked how sales were on them, they weren't good. They were high in price and disposables to boot. When people are exposed to this junk, it forms a basis of opinion on what an e-cig is. I have had people come up to me and ask what I was using (usually and eGo type when out) and then they show me their $110 SE kit... They comment on how much vapor I am exhaling and ask what I paid for my (Riva)... and about fall over when I tell them.

melder215

Mar 1, 2011
USA
i find the 21st century brand at circle k is fine, and not expensive. i mean it aint the $7.50 chinese one i bought online that may or may not come in the mail in a month. but they are only $40 for a full kit. that even includes shipping if you buy online. the brand was 21st century smoking.
only problem is they only thread into that one brand. no adapters, no passthrus, no generic attys. just THAT brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread