Status
Not open for further replies.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I could kick myself! I bought an extra battery charger for my Kgo at madvapes. 510 USB Charger, No cable

Tried charging my Kgo with it last night. The light stayed red, never turned green. I left it plugged in all night. In the morning the light was still red. I tried I put a cartomizer on it and the battery light started flashing. So I tried plugging the battery into the Kgo charger that came with the Kgo. The light showed green, fully charged.

I have tried pushing the battery 5 times to shut it off and on, and that doesn't work. When I put the cartomizer on, the flashing light goes off. When I push the button to use the cartomizer, the light flashes.

Did I fry it or can it be fixed?

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Take a napkin and clean the connectors on both the battery and the chargers. Just a little juice in the battery connector can give you problems when charging.

The charger is only rated at 200 mAh's so it could take a real long time to charge a battery. Even a 500 mAh charger can take 6 hours to charge up the kGo 1100 battery.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...the only thing I can think is, the center pin on the batt got pushed in(it happens)...the only thing I can think of is(shut batt off if it has that feature) take a very small screwdriver like those used on eyeglasses and try and pry GENTLY up on the center pin of the batt...raise it only a VERY small amount...this may work or it may finish off the batt...didn't you get your Kgo from Hoosiers...isn't there a warning about using Kgo chargers only...this is why you should never charge a batt with a charger not specifically meant for it........
madjack:2cool:
I think the battery is charged; just confused. When I plug it into the other charger, the light shows green, like it is already charged.

...this may be because the pin has been pushed in and no longer making contact with the center pin of the charger..........mj

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would say it's fried. Brent from hoosier does say that the Kgo can only be charged by the Kgo charger. I would give the Kgo a good cleaning with a Qtip and some Iso Alcohol. If that doesn't work, it's most likely done. Good news is you can get another batt for less than 17 bucks.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
MadJack, I am going to try that, thanks. It's worth a shot.

I called Brent at Hoosier, and he is out of batteries :(
He also said you can charge it on any charger except one -- I think it was the Riva or the Joye charger.

Nobody can ship until Tuesday because of the holiday! I may have to get a cheapo Walgreens PV. Yuk.

Wadey McVapie

Dec 28, 2011
Indiana
Sorry if i missed this little bit of advice given in one of the other posts OR if you have already tried this but... I use KGO batts and have had this same exact problem. I will have a fully charged battery and when I go to put a carto on it, it either A - doesnt fire at all or B - gives me a low battery indication. I have found the problem isnt the battery but the carto. It's odd because if you try to mix and match 2 cartos and both your batteries, the problem SEEMS to follow the battery and not the carto, but trust me, its the carto. What I have found is if you pull up the center pin on the carto just a touch, or even wiggle it just a touch to change the position of it, PROBLEM SOLVED! Hope this is what's going on with yours and this fixes your problem. Report back to let me know if that works out for ya or if I am a complete idiot who didn't read the full thread well enough. LOL

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Sorry if i missed this little bit of advice given in one of the other posts OR if you have already tried this but... I use KGO batts and have had this same exact problem. I will have a fully charged battery and when I go to put a carto on it, it either A - doesnt fire at all or B - gives me a low battery indication. I have found the problem isnt the battery but the carto. It's odd because if you try to mix and match 2 cartos and both your batteries, the problem SEEMS to follow the battery and not the carto, but trust me, its the carto. What I have found is if you pull up the center pin on the carto just a touch, or even wiggle it just a touch to change the position of it, PROBLEM SOLVED! Hope this is what's going on with yours and this fixes your problem. Report back to let me know if that works out for ya or if I am a complete idiot who didn't read the full thread well enough. LOL

Thanks! I did try several different cartos; same result. Oh well, I still have one battery. So all is not hopeless. I'll check the mall kiosk and see if they have batteries.

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Hi Sandy,

Sorry to hear about your KGO troubles.

I can lend you a 650 mah or 1300 mah Echo auto with a charger and a couple of cartos as a backup. That would most likely be better than a mall brand. The cartos hold about 3 mil and can be topped up for quite awhile.

Just let me know if you would like to meet me somewhere tomorrow. The Oakbrook Oasis would be about half way for both of us.

I'll PM you too, in case you don't check this thread again.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
If your battery shows that it is charged on the other charger. Then the problem is the charger itself and not the battery. I had this problem with my echo charger 8 months ago and thought that my battery had issues too. Then quickly noticed that when I try to charge the battery. There was not lights flashing. Neither on the battery or the charger which is what it's supposed to do under normal circumstances.

What I did was raise the center pin of the charger. Which was mentioned earlier by another member. That did the trick but, you do have to do that pretty often to charge the battery again. Since it means that the center pin is not secured on the charger.

Another thing I wanna mention is NOT to leave the battery charging over night. Lucky that the charger didn't make contact with the battery or else, there is a pretty good possibility that the battery could've blown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread