Does the eroll require a higher strength eliq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuci

May 22, 2014
UK
I've recently got an eroll, and whilst I like it, I still find myself craving a cig. Previously I smoked 10-15 0.7mg strength cigs, so I've been using the 18mg liquids with my eroll (which was a complete guess)

Do people find they have to use a higher strength liquid with their eroll than what they use with other vaping kits?

Edit to say - I use my eroll as I would use an analog. I smoke for a few mins, then pop it back in the case. Repeat 15 times a day etc.

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
No, it doesn't require any higher nic strength than most other smallish form setups and actually less than a 3.3 volt bigger device. The reason I and some other eroll users carry higher strength nic is because we use it differently than other setups. For instance, when out and about and not being able to vape very often... so a harder hit when we can is what we want. Or when we're using it to break the smoking habit like only using it when we would normally smoke... as in going outside, on phone or for a walk. When chain vaping, I use my other setups like ego-threaded devices with clearos and, naturally, use lower nic then to avoid overload. Just a possibility though it doesn't apply to me... it could be that the form factor of the eroll... approximating a smoke... is making you think of and get obsessed thinking about a smoke. If that might be the case, then a bigger setup not resembling a smoke might be in order for you. But I wouldn't get rid of my erolls if that's the case... just put them in a drawer for backup and they'll be there once the phase you're in is over... if that's the case.

Edit: might need to explain something... for those of us using it for a smoking replacement, throat hit is of major importance and the higher the nic the more of that you get.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
No, it doesn't require any higher nic strength ...

Absolutely correct. A vaping "convert" I know fills her eRoll with 6mg high VG juice and loves the mini-clouds she can produce, from something hidden in her hand. She only smoked for about a year, and is more easily satisfied ...

I smoked for 46 years and need the big throat hit, hence the high nic juice choice ...

Just a possibility though it doesn't apply to me... it could be that the form factor of the eroll... approximating a smoke... is making you think of and get obsessed thinking about a smoke.

I agree there is a tendency to equate the eRoll to an analog, and expect the same "kick". At its best, fully charged with high nic juice, its pretty close, and minus the wheezing and coughing fits ... :D

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
More info than you might need. Ok. Whatever.
I bought 2 eroll kits at the same time. I considered buying more of the batteries but figured another kit would be a better buy than just extra batteries.

I like to use my eroll to stealth vape and as a hands free device. I do not ever want to smoke again so I always use 18mg nic in my eroll. I am hoping that will guarantee me to never crave a cigarette again. I like the throat hit of higher nicotine. The eroll PCC is in my shirt scrub pocket charging one eroll and three eroll full cigalikes are in a ego pouch in the back pocket of my scrubs. Its comforting to have them with me.

I also use different strengths of nicotine in different ways. When I am at work I use stonger nic because I dont get to vape as often as I would at home. I also have a VV3 and a Provari that makes the trip to work. During lunch I use my Provari and 18 or 12 mg fluid to vape. The VV3 is a backup in my purse in my locker at work and another VV3 in my car.

I could hang out with the smokers with my eroll and blend in somewhat incognito. The eroll is also wonderful to use when I attempt to play bass guitar.

I found a great sale online this weekend. I picked up 6 more eroll batteries, atty bodys, new coils and tanks under 30$. I got 6 more silver ones. The black was sold out and the white ones look too much like a cigarette to me.

Its almost been a year since I have smoked a cigarette after 30 years. I have COPD. I bet I don't need nicotine anymore but I wont risk ever getting a craving for a nasty cigarette again. Nicotine for me please!

I doubt an eroll needs a higher nic but you might need a higher nic in yours to fight a craving.
The eroll is part of my non smoking arsenal I love it!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If I used anything higher than 6mg in my eRoll, when I first started, I got nic sick, mainly nausea and stomach pains; mainly because I was using it indoors all the time, instead of having to run outdoors every half hour to suck down a ..... The cigarettes I smoked were .5mg, ultra-lights.

However if you want to vape episodically as you smoked, then yeah, a higher level is probably better. I'm trying to lay off vaping a little not because of the nicotine but because of the carrier, the PG and VG, so I'm increasing the nic level to 10mg, so i can vape less often, still assuage my need for nicotine but get less of the PG/VG.

Andria

Hermit

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
UK
Most days I pretty much chain vape 11mg in Protank Mini 2s, but my eRolls are loaded with 22mg and 15mg because I don't like to chain vape them (they get too hot, and run out too quickly).

I even had 45mg in one for a while, man that was a hit! I can see how someone just quitting smokes could benefit from that regularly, but for me (at 2 months in) it was just a way to get my level back up quickly after a few hours of not being able to vape at all.

I found a great sale online this weekend. I picked up 6 more eroll batteries, atty bodys, new coils and tanks under 30$.

Wish I could find a deal like that, what a bargain!! I'd much prefer to simply have 6 to 8 erolls on me, and then not have to carry the pcc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread