My journey so far... thanks eRoll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
Started with GreenSmoke, but quickly learned that, while compared to other cartomizer-based cig-a-likes, it's one of the better ones, it still has a long way to go. And I can't stick with a company that seems to lack innovation in a fast-growing industry. I swear, they've had the same flavors for like five years.

I made the jump to the eRoll last week, and it has really made a big difference in my journey to quit the tobacco smoking. For those who doubt, it's completely true that finding the right equipment for you is an important part of the journey if you're trying to get rid of the stinkers for good.

Things I like about the eRoll:

Love the PCC. Perfect for getting through a day away from home. And the PCC carrying case that gives you the extra room for eRoll #2 really is essential in my opinion. joyetech should have just included that as part of the kit from the beginning.

I love the size and the fact it really feels as close to a tobacco cigarette as possible. Nothing else has come close... it's light enough to hang in my mouth like a real smoke and comfortable to hold between two fingers. This past weekend at a family party several of my inlaws were pretty darn surprised when they got closer to me and realized it wasn't actually a real tobacco cigarette. A few of them even wanted to try it, which is completely strange since none of them have every been cigarette smokers.

Draw, throat hit, amount of vapor... all impressive for such a small device, and I find it completely satisfying.

The juices I'm using (from local shops) are a 50/50 mix and have great flavor in the eRoll, so much so that it's helped to turn me off to the taste of real cigarettes. This has been a big part of my success so far. The GreenSmokes did not provide this kind of good flavor, even with blank cartomizers and the same juices.

My Complaints:

While I do get through a work day away from home, I can't actually get through a whole day with two eRolls and the PCC alone. I end up having to plug it all in at some point, and that's a bit inconvenient... especially if I need to run back out somewhere in the evening. I've actually bought a second kit now so I can always have a fully charged set ready to go. As someone getting off tobacco, I don't want to end up in a situation where I have nothing to vape!

Extra tanks are a necessity. Three (the kit comes with) are just not enough. Right now I'm carrying around bottles of juice with me to refill as necessary... but I've got six tanks on order... I'd rather just carry around the extra tanks, though in fairness I'm not even sure six more will be enough. I wouldn't say I'm a constant chain-vapor, but I can easily empty a tank in about 90 minutes or so. However, for the small and light form factor, I'm not sure I'd be willing to trade that off for a bigger tank.

I was a 2-PAD cigarette smoke when I started this just about two weeks ago. For the last several days, other than one analog in the morning and one at night before going to sleep, I am nearly tobacco-free. I'm putting $20 a day in a jar instead of giving it to the local convenience store for smokes. I don't bring the tobaccos with me anymore, I leave them home and just take my eRoll.

I struggled a bit at the beginning using 0-nicotine juice, but I've since switched to a low 6mg-nicotine juice and that has helped a lot. Once a few weeks has gone by, and once I give up those last two analogs, I'll then wait a few months and work on reducing the nicotine.

I am really proud of myself... I honestly never truly believed I'd be able to quit the tobacco cigarettes... because even the day I decided to try all this, I wasn't convinced I really wanted to give them up. I hate the health consequences, but love the smoking itself... so it's been awesome to find a substitute that satisfies my personal needs.

Thanks to everyone here who's offered advice and information... I hope I can be supportive and helpful to others in the future too :D

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
Thanks Vikassi!

Second eRoll came today, got the black this time and it's sharp looking.

BTW, despite my eRoll love, I do hate that it's so difficult to see the juice inside the tanks. I feel like a heroine addict flicking the top of it to try to see if there are still bubbles or fluid movement in there. I was hoping the black tanks would be easier, and maybe there are just a tiny bit, but still too hard to see.

Not sure how that could be fixed though, so it's a flaw I can live with :D

vikassi

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Chi Town
Thanks Vikassi!

Second eRoll came today, got the black this time and it's sharp looking.

BTW, despite my eRoll love, I do hate that it's so difficult to see the juice inside the tanks. I feel like a heroine addict flicking the top of it to try to see if there are still bubbles or fluid movement in there. I was hoping the black tanks would be easier, and maybe there are just a tiny bit, but still too hard to see.

Not sure how that could be fixed though, so it's a flaw I can live with :D

Ditto on the juice levels in the tank - You have to flip the ecig so the "...." is facing down to get an idea of how much is left - and ensure there's light shining through ..

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
Ditto on the juice levels in the tank - You have to flip the ecig so the "...." is facing down to get an idea of how much is left - and ensure there's light shining through ..

The first set I bought was white, so it came with the clear tanks... I find them harder to tell juice levels with! I'd love some tanks in different colors too, just to help with seeing juice and then being able to pick colors based on flavors you fill them with.

Try the clear tanks, and look for the silicone replacement tank caps, they totally prevent leaking ...

Are you talking about the silicone caps that came with the eRoll or something else?

The Eroll is the greatest stealth vaping device around ... :D

Agreed... my white ones just look like cigarettes except for the blue light :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Are you talking about the silicone caps that came with the eRoll or something else?

They make a little silicone insert for the tank, it replaces the hard plastic one, and creates a soft seal around the atomizer spike. Haven't had a single leak since I upgraded my tanks with these seals ... :D

LitecigUSA has them ...

Last edited:

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
They make a little silicone insert for the tank, it replaces the hard plastic one, and creates a soft seal around the atomizer spike. Haven't had a single leak since I upgraded my tanks with these seals ... :D

LitecigUSA has them ...

Awesome! Thanks! I just ordered some.
I was in a local shop today and he had left-over stock of eRoll tanks... pretty cool to find them locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread