Do attys last longer without carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Over the past several months, I have switched from using cartridges to a bottom feeder (when out and about and driving) and a top feeder at home. I started vaping on 4/20/10 and have a large collection of PV's from VV to tube and box mods. The mini's were just not suited for my chain vaping habit. I use SR for my VV's @4.5 v and LR for my bottom feeders. IMHO, de-bridging and de-wicking don't bring enough benefits to go through the effort. My juices are DIY at 6 mg with a daily use of about 5 ml and are all over the place as far a flavor is concerned

Dripping was out for me from day 1 because of the potential for disaster when driving-not to mention the mess. Cartos did not taste at all, so it left me with carts. Every modification in the world was tried: PTB, Bluefill, straw mod, etc. In the end, the High Ping mod worked out best.

My attys get rotated about once a week, but that is spread out over a bunch of PV's. As far as cleaning is concerned, the best method for me has been a hot ultra sonic bath with phosphoric acid and steam rinsing with the steamer from my espresso machine. However, this thread is not about cleaning about which there is lot information on ECF.

It is about atty's lasting far longer using a feeding system rather than a cart. There could be a lot of reasons for this.

1) Could it be that the feeding systems keep the attys nice and moist and do not allow the coils to overheat?
2) Could the constant cart removal and insertion be causing stress on the atty and lead to a mechanical failure, even if you are careful when inserting a cart into the atty.
3) Could the cart be focusing the heat on around the coil area because of its design? Dripping and feeding systems are really just open tubes as far an atty is concerned so heat will have a better chance to dissipate.

I am curious to see if any of you who have switched from carts to auto or even dripping have seen an improvement in the lifespan of your attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread