• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY Juice Any chance of some advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheps

May 9, 2013
United Kingdom
hi,

im about to get the necessary ingredients to attempt to make my own juice ( i hope )
im not getting my head round the nic at 1 liter at 7.2 % its ment to be the strongest but i used to vape 24 ? is the 7.2 % ment in a different way ?

i vape a 6% 30pg 70vg menthol, i have used the same juice from misteliquid for four years in different strengths, so would like to replicate the same.

how much juice would 1 liter of the 7.2 % make ? i have read and looked at some of the calculators around but im not sure about all the values there referring to

would really appreciate some simple basics to help me get going, thank in advance, sheps

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
hi,

im about to get the necessary ingredients to attempt to make my own juice ( i hope )
im not getting my head round the nic at 1 liter at 7.2 % its ment to be the strongest but i used to vape 24 ? is the 7.2 % ment in a different way ?

i vape a 6% 30pg 70vg menthol, i have used the same juice from misteliquid for four years in different strengths, so would like to replicate the same.

how much juice would 1 liter of the 7.2 % make ? i have read and looked at some of the calculators around but im not sure about all the values there referring to

would really appreciate some simple basics to help me get going, thank in advance, sheps

Just some Math to Explain (or make it More confusing!) the Percentages of e-Liquids.

If you had Pure Nicotine, 1ml of volume would hold 1001mg's of Nicotine. ie: 1001mg per ml => 1001mg/ml = Pure Nicotine

1001mg/ml is an Awkward number to work with. So we just round it off to 1000mg/ml to make the Math Easier.

We Can't Handle without Laboratory precautions Pure Nicotine to make e-Liquids. So the Nicotine Base(s) we buy have been Diluted down with either PG or VG or a combination PG & VG to a Safer to Handle Level.

7.2% Nicotine Base says that there is 7.2% of 1000mg/ml of Nicotine.

So 7.2% Nicotine Base is .072 x 1000mg/ml = 72mg/ml

Notice that I can Quickly convert a Percentage of Nicotine to mg/ml by just moving the Decimal Point of the Percentage to the Right 1 Decimal Place.

EXM

10% Nicotine = 100mg/ml
7.2% Nicotine = 72mg/ml
3.6% Nicotine = 36mg/ml
1.8% Nicotine = 18mg/ml
.3% Nicotine = 3mg/ml

You probably know all this by Now. But this Question comes up a Lot. And I imagine that there are Others who have the Exact Same questions about these Nicotine Percentages.

I think working in mg/ml is Vastly Easier than working in Nicotine Percentages. Especially when a Person starts to do DIY.

Last edited:
Reactions: r77r7r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread