Direct Copy of My Skype Conversation with Major Manufacturer About Cloned Products - re: Fasttech and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
[3:12:43 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Vicki- can you tell me why fasttech can sell nautilus so cheap? Is it clone?
[3:12:45 AM] Daniel GotVapes: aspire nautilus - fasttech
[3:13:16 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Gyazo - b76d581cbfaac3b7b218f121f57aca25.png
[3:16:31 AM] eigate: Hi Daniel, it is the copy one
[3:16:40 AM] eigate: please check on our website of this
[3:17:03 AM] Daniel GotVapes: ok thanks vicki- do you have a link? I want to show our customers to beware
[3:17:48 AM] eigate: Dear Customers,
Aspire aims to uphold its reputation of providing customers with high quality products. We want to ensure that our customers have the best possible vaping experience. Like other high quality brands, our products are subject to forgery. Aspire is determined to prevent the use of these fraudulent products.
We have confirmed that counterfeit Aspire products are being sold in global markets. These products have the same packaging and appearance but are of poor quality. We are issuing this warning to all customers and consumers to avoid confusion and to prevent the use of these fraudulent products. We recommend that you only buy Aspire products from authorized Aspire distributors and resellers.
Customers are able to distinguish between fake and legitimate products several different ways. Every Aspire product has a unique security code located on the back of the box that can be verified on the Aspire website. Original factory made products are packaged in high quality box’s and meet specific size specifications.
Please visit our website to verify your product number and for more information regarding fraudulent Aspire products.
How to distinguish: Aspire - Aspire Product Verification
Our Chinese authorized agents: Aspire - Business Partners
The Chinese “Copy cat”: Aspire - copycat, find out who are selling fake aspire
Selling counterfeit products is both illegal and punishable by civil and criminal courts. Aspire will protect its brand and patents.
Best regards,
Aspire team
Vicky
[3:17:59 AM] eigate: yep
[3:18:00 AM] Daniel GotVapes: ok thanks Vicky
[3:18:43 AM] Daniel GotVapes: 'I will copy this conversation to ECF and our customers. There is much problem with websites giving links to Fasttech and other Chinese sites like this and they do not realize they are promoting cloned products.
[3:19:48 AM] eigate: thank you (y)

Fasttech and other Chinese business interests with similar websites (most of which are working out of California, New York and Florida) are flooding opportunistically with clones, etc. They block manufacturers from viewing their site to see the sham, look below:

[2:54:29 AM] Daniel GotVapes: but mainly fasttech
[2:54:50 AM] Daniel GotVapes: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
[2:55:23 AM] Emma Chan: wow, we can not went into their websites due to wrong IP address
[2:55:33 AM] Emma Chan: so they must did something that we can not see
[2:55:38 AM] Daniel GotVapes: yes they are blocking you and other factories
[2:55:44 AM] Daniel GotVapes: from China
[2:55:55 AM] Daniel GotVapes: they do not want you to see prices they are charging and all the clones
[2:56:23 AM] Emma Chan: (whew)they are rediculous
[2:56:30 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Like Innokin will be so upset at prices they are charging because theymake us have an agreement not to sell too cheap
[2:56:59 AM] Emma Chan: yes, sure, a good product that needs everyone to protect
[2:57:04 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Its so hard to buy a product for 75 and then you find Fasttech is selling same thing for 85, and it is almost likely always a clone.

Some of the cloning efforts are sophisticated but in China it is a SPORT to see how well they can dupe a product. It happens in every industry. Please, just be careful where you are buying your product. GotVapes and other good vendors on ECF, for the most part, endeavour only to sell the factory originals on the major products. At GotVapes we hold this true since our inception. You know when you shop with us you are dealing with a company that takes pride in what we bring to YOU. Other wise Chris and I have much better things to do with our time. Who wudda thunk they would clone the packaging and other very detailed aspects of sophisticated Innokin and Aspire products like the Nautiulus - but THEY ARE doing it. My friends they had the Spinner II by Vision CLONED practically before we could get the REAL THING on our shelves.

Support your ECF vendor and/or USA brick and mortar. WE all, most of us, provide fast, personal customer service if there are any issues and we ALL value your loyalty. We need your help - help us make the aggregate shopping sites AWARE of the unrealistic links they are giving to clone promoters like Fasttech. Saying, "Hey! lookie at this price" then giving a link to Fasttech is not so kosher.

PS - AS YOU CAN SEE ON THEIR COPYCAT PAGE THERE ARE MANY LEGIT DISTRIBUTORS THERE WHO ARE SELLING CLONED PRODUCTS! PLEASE BE AWARE MANY USA VENDORS ARE BUYING FROM MANY OF THEM (unaware possibly they are buying a cloned product) BUT AT GOTVAPES WE ONLY BUY PRODUCTS LIKE THIS FROM THE FACTORY TO BE SURE WE ARE GETTING THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT. See a price that seems unrealistically low? - please beware (caveat emptor)

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
96ee88a893365b8caa4f1e36e881b1b1.png

The last commenter is dead-on. We get approached ALL the time to supply us with a popular product for half what the factory is charging. How do we react? Like possibly you do when you get that Nigerian scam email to help them help you : (

We won't EVER compromise your trust in us - EVER.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'm not so PC ( politically correct ) to use as nice of a term as "clone" when in fact, they are fakes/forgeries

This is one of the main reasons I have no trouble recommending Gotvapes to others that I get started... I try to explain how they must be careful whom they purchase from or they will end up with sub-par products that simply don't work as they should. I get a lot of talk back mentioning "yeah but such-and-such is so much cheaper" or "I can't afford... " ... I usually reply can they afford to buy it twice ( or more ) just to get a good working product?... it doesn't always convince them until they do get burned with a fake a few times.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Thats a good point - fakes is probably a more accurate term to use for this as they are never marketed as clones but as the genuine product....

I'm not so PC ( politically correct ) to use as nice of a term as "clone" when in fact, they are fakes/forgeries

This is one of the main reasons I have no trouble recommending Gotvapes to others that I get started... I try to explain how they must be careful whom they purchase from or they will end up with sub-par products that simply don't work as they should. I get a lot of talk back mentioning "yeah but such-and-such is so much cheaper" or "I can't afford... " ... I usually reply can they afford to buy it twice ( or more ) just to get a good working product?... it doesn't always convince them until they do get burned with a fake a few times.

woody55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
Selling an item that is marketed as a "Clone" of an original is one thing(and there are people that have a problem with that)! But to sell a Fake/Forgery as the Real Thing is just wrong. We try to always put in the descriptions where the Products came from. If we say Aspire, they are Aspire; If we say Kangertech, They are Kangertech; ect,ect,ect. People must be made aware that there are companies out there that do it just to make a buck and really don't care about Customer Service or Quality of product.

Ok! Enough of my soapbox. Vape Well and Vape Safe!
Woody

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Selling an item that is marketed as a "Clone" of an original is one thing(and there are people that have a problem with that)! But to sell a Fake/Forgery as the Real Thing is just wrong. We try to always put in the descriptions where the Products came from. If we say Aspire, they are Aspire; If we say Kangertech, They are Kangertech; ect,ect,ect. People must be made aware that there are companies out there that do it just to make a buck and really don't care about Customer Service or Quality of product.

Ok! Enough of my soapbox. Vape Well and Vape Safe!
Woody
I agree and i hope people are paying attention because this isnt about pushing gotvapes and our products, this is about ensuring customers in general an our community are aware that some vendors either knowingly or unknowingly are selling fake products, the aspire has been copied down to a t but doesnt work well, the spinner 2 mnay are carrying at 1600 is fake, they dont make 1600 mah spinner 2, then you have the fakes of kanger aero , ce5 and even itaste mods, i bought a fake vtr and im sure others did as well without realizing it since it looks just like the real deal down to the packaging. this in turn causes issues for everyone, people buy these cheaply made fakes, they either dont work or have other issues and people come to complain about them and then the public assumes that product is bad, not knowing its not the real deal and for what, to save a few bucks. I know money is tight and we do our best like other vendors to have special and discounts but when you buy a fake product and it has issues now your down the money you spent when for a few bucks more you could of had the real deal form the get go .

We as a company have had our own issues when we first started and ever since then for the last 3 and a half years we have made sure that every product we sell and claim is genuine then it is 100% the real deal, we have had people call the companies to verify our claims and each time we where shown to always carry the real products. Right now you have some sites claiming they are genuine when in fact they are not and one of those places like fasttech sells fakes all day long which i have many of them here, some are just plain aweful.

I wrote a whole post once concerning this issue and back then those users understood how close we work with factories and i hope you all realize it truly is best to deal with verfied top vendors, if you see a product at another site that is way way cheaper then the top vendors, many times its because its a fake. We care about all of you and simply want to you to be aware of this and to please take it seriously, not only are these fakes bad for everyone but they can be unsafe to use as well.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
[3:12:43 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Vicki- can you tell me why Fasttech can sell Nautilus so cheap? Is it clone?
[3:12:45 AM] Daniel GotVapes: aspire nautilus - fasttech
[3:13:16 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Gyazo - b76d581cbfaac3b7b218f121f57aca25.png
[3:16:31 AM] eigate: Hi Daniel, it is the copy one
[3:16:40 AM] eigate: please check on our website of this
[3:17:03 AM] Daniel GotVapes: ok thanks vicki- do you have a link? I want to show our customers to beware
[3:17:48 AM] eigate: Dear Customers,
Aspire aims to uphold its reputation of providing customers with high quality products. We want to ensure that our customers have the best possible vaping experience. Like other high quality brands, our products are subject to forgery. Aspire is determined to prevent the use of these fraudulent products.
We have confirmed that counterfeit Aspire products are being sold in global markets. These products have the same packaging and appearance but are of poor quality. We are issuing this warning to all customers and consumers to avoid confusion and to prevent the use of these fraudulent products. We recommend that you only buy Aspire products from authorized Aspire distributors and resellers.
Customers are able to distinguish between fake and legitimate products several different ways. Every Aspire product has a unique security code located on the back of the box that can be verified on the Aspire website. Original factory made products are packaged in high quality box’s and meet specific size specifications.
Please visit our website to verify your product number and for more information regarding fraudulent Aspire products.
How to distinguish: Aspire - Aspire Product Verification
Our Chinese authorized agents: Aspire - Business Partners
The Chinese “Copy cat”: Aspire - copycat, find out who are selling fake aspire
Selling counterfeit products is both illegal and punishable by civil and criminal courts. Aspire will protect its brand and patents.
Best regards,
Aspire team
Vicky
[3:17:59 AM] eigate: yep
[3:18:00 AM] Daniel GotVapes: ok thanks Vicky
[3:18:43 AM] Daniel GotVapes: 'I will copy this conversation to ECF and our customers. There is much problem with websites giving links to Fasttech and other Chinese sites like this and they do not realize they are promoting cloned products.
[3:19:48 AM] eigate: thank you (y)

Fasttech and other Chinese business interests with similar websites (most of which are working out of California, New York and Florida) are flooding opportunistically with clones, etc. They block manufacturers from viewing their site to see the sham, look below:

[2:54:29 AM] Daniel GotVapes: but mainly fasttech
[2:54:50 AM] Daniel GotVapes: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
[2:55:23 AM] Emma Chan: wow, we can not went into their websites due to wrong IP address
[2:55:33 AM] Emma Chan: so they must did something that we can not see
[2:55:38 AM] Daniel GotVapes: yes they are blocking you and other factories
[2:55:44 AM] Daniel GotVapes: from China
[2:55:55 AM] Daniel GotVapes: they do not want you to see prices they are charging and all the clones
[2:56:23 AM] Emma Chan: (whew)they are rediculous
[2:56:30 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Like Innokin will be so upset at prices they are charging because theymake us have an agreement not to sell too cheap
[2:56:59 AM] Emma Chan: yes, sure, a good product that needs everyone to protect
[2:57:04 AM] Daniel GotVapes: Its so hard to buy a product for 75 and then you find Fasttech is selling same thing for 85, and it is almost likely always a clone.

Some of the cloning efforts are sophisticated but in China it is a SPORT to see how well they can dupe a product. It happens in every industry. Please, just be careful where you are buying your product. GotVapes and other good vendors on ECF, for the most part, endeavour only to sell the factory originals on the major products. At GotVapes we hold this true since our inception. You know when you shop with us you are dealing with a company that takes pride in what we bring to YOU. Other wise Chris and I have much better things to do with our time. Who wudda thunk they would clone the packaging and other very detailed aspects of sophisticated Innokin and Aspire products like the Nautiulus - but THEY ARE doing it. My friends they had the Spinner II by Vision CLONED practically before we could get the REAL THING on our shelves.

Support your ECF vendor and/or USA brick and mortar. WE all, most of us, provide fast, personal customer service if there are any issues and we ALL value your loyalty. We need your help - help us make the aggregate shopping sites AWARE of the unrealistic links they are giving to clone promoters like Fasttech. Saying, "Hey! lookie at this price" then giving a link to Fasttech is not so kosher.

PS - AS YOU CAN SEE ON THEIR COPYCAT PAGE THERE ARE MANY LEGIT DISTRIBUTORS THERE WHO ARE SELLING CLONED PRODUCTS! PLEASE BE AWARE MANY USA VENDORS ARE BUYING FROM MANY OF THEM (unaware possibly they are buying a cloned product) BUT AT GOTVAPES WE ONLY BUY PRODUCTS LIKE THIS FROM THE FACTORY TO BE SURE WE ARE GETTING THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT. See a price that seems unrealistically low? - please beware (caveat emptor)

just a reminder....

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

I agree 100%

I jut went through this with a new vaping friend who bought some Protanks from our local smoke shop. She complained that all leaked and is completely turned off to "Kanger". I told her I've been using Kanger products for years and that they are top notch and then told her about the clones and how hard it is to know the real thing vs a clone. I'm going to give her one of my protanks to prove to her that the real ones don't leak like her clones do. I also convinced her to buy from GotVapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread