bump.gif

Performing the yiddle bump... while I'm here

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
There seems to be a rash of confusion lately regarding the Vision vivi nova and the authenticity of Genuine versus knock off product.

This has been the case for many products, China is famous for this, one guy can have a product made and weeks to a month later copies are being sold and even lower quality product from the same factory which is sold for less. Sometimes all the raw material is the same and the factory that does the work is the deciding factor, other times there will be product that are very similar but you can see from closer inspection its not or its a older version etc.

This was prevalent when the CE2 original fluxomizers where brought to the scene, 40 copies where out in a matter of months but there was still a difference from the original and people noticed and while some where happy with certain knock off's the original where always preferred and usually always where better either in performance or materials or both.

This happened with the Phoenix bottom coil and top coil, other factories copied them and they didnt perform well which confuses people and makes people think they are all the same, it hurts the products reputation for no reason.

The Sapphire bud was copied shortly after as well.

This is now happening with the Vision vivi nova, ALL COPIES AND FAKES are selling it as the vivi nova and not the vision vivi nova, either way they are using OUR name That Vision & The helpers & I created. At the moment, if your not buying the original genuine VISION vivi product you have no idea what you might receive, this includes heads. Some vendors are actually selling coil heads for vision bodies that dont fit properly, this confuses everyone, others are selling older version just becuase they got them cheaper, this confuses people. We at gotvapes along with other Reputable Vendors dont partake in that type of business and only sell genuine products from the original companies that make the products we sell, this pertains to the big brands like smoktech , vision team(max), joyetech, Greensound & all the other more popular companies. Some may claim what they have is the same but its usually not, especially when you see it at prices that make no sense, customers should be leary when buying products that are knock offs.

At the moment you can find 30 places selling their version of the vision ego stardust under many names in china, many have found out for them selves that cheaper doesnt always mean better and have been burned by straying away from a more certified product. You want quality and we strive for that. We keep improving and will continue this path.

Please don't misunderstand me either, there are many products that many vendors sell that are exactly the same, joyetech would be one of them , many of us vendors sell joyetech, esco , greensound products etc and they are all equal but many of those are copied as well, many of us sell vision products and at times they are all equal, depending on who gets which version first according to which vendor helped on whatever product, or if a company wants a specific set of products to be released by us because of how big we are then that would be the difference but over all if a company is up to date like we are and they sell a kanger product then ours would be the same higher quality product and vice versa. Right now the joyetech twist is being copied, so i would be careful and make sure the vendor lets you know its a genuine joyetech product, the real vendors like us do so, the other less reputable places might not tell you and some will let you know its a copy.

Here is the official vendors list for the usa of reputable vision re-sellers and we all sell genuine vision products and we are the leader in bringing you the latest and greatest and being on top of the game for all of you, be careful where you shop, be alert and always shop with reputable vendors on or off of ecf and rest assured that at gotvapes we will always carry the original versions.

News Details - Vision High Technology

joytech list
Joyetech worldwide business partner

I'm gonna keep bumping this because it's IMPORTANT

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Yiddle, Then don't manufacture in China. Manufacture here. Pay higher prices for labor and get the benefit of United States protective laws. Charge higher prices. Say "Proudly made in the United States" on the label. If enough people had the courage to do that, we could turn our whole economy around and eliminate the Chinese copycats who get paid by the government to copy.

*Dismounts off of high horse ;)*

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Yiddle, Then don't manufacture in China. Manufacture here. Pay higher prices for labor and get the benefit of United States protective laws. Charge higher prices. Say "Proudly made in the United States" on the label. If enough people had the courage to do that, we could turn our whole economy around and eliminate the Chinese copycats who get paid by the government to copy.

*Dismounts off of high horse ;)*

You would have a hard time getting W*L M**T off that band wagon. In my opinion they are one of the biggest catalysts to this whole downward spiral. But we keep going there don't we. We are doomed. Oh there is always that other so appealling label, "Assembled in the United States". I'll shut up now before I go on a political rant. Ventured off topic more than enough but this is one of my blood boilers.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I'm wondering if any US manufactures would see the "potential sales" large enough to invest in a manufacturing facility and tool up.

The sad truth is ,we have a long way to go, before public opinion about our beloved lifestyle is fully understood, appreciated, and accepted. We wont even get into discussion about FDA, and our own wonderful bureaucracy. I know I wouldnt spend potential millions of my dollars ramping up production on something, that still for the most part, is hanging on by a thread (from a legal to use,own,purchase standpoint).

Wally, Im with you on the blood boiling...The top of my head turns into a geyser when I think about it...
The people who want our "lifestyle" shut down, never smoked a nail to start with, and they feel quilified to pass judgment.

I do think, and understand, that its the actual nicotine, that is probably the biggest hurdle, and all "related accessories" would be near impossible to ban, but.....................................

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
There seems to be a rash of confusion lately regarding the Vision vivi nova and the authenticity of Genuine versus knock off product.

This has been the case for many products, China is famous for this, one guy can have a product made and weeks to a month later copies are being sold and even lower quality product from the same factory which is sold for less. Sometimes all the raw material is the same and the factory that does the work is the deciding factor, other times there will be product that are very similar but you can see from closer inspection its not or its a older version etc.

This was prevalent when the CE2 original fluxomizers where brought to the scene, 40 copies where out in a matter of months but there was still a difference from the original and people noticed and while some where happy with certain knock off's the original where always preferred and usually always where better either in performance or materials or both.

This happened with the Phoenix bottom coil and top coil, other factories copied them and they didnt perform well which confuses people and makes people think they are all the same, it hurts the products reputation for no reason.

This is now happening with the Vision vivi nova, ALL COPIES AND FAKES are selling it as the vivi nova and not the vision vivi nova, either way they are using OUR name That Vision & The helpers & I created. At the moment, if your not buying the original genuine VISION vivi product you have no idea what you might receive, this includes heads. Some vendors are actually selling coil heads for vision bodies that dont fit properly, this confuses everyone, others are selling older version just becuase they got them cheaper, this confuses people. We at gotvapes along with other Reputable Vendors dont partake in that type of business and only sell genuine products from the original companies that make the products we sell, this pertains to the big brands like smoktech , vision team(max), joyetech, Greensound & all the other more popular companies. Some may claim what they have is the same but its usually not, especially when you see it at prices that make no sense, customers should be leary when buying products that are knock offs.

At the moment you can find 30 places selling their version of the vision ego stardust under many names in china, many have found out for them selves that cheaper doesnt always mean better and have been burned by straying away from a more certified product. You want quality and we strive for that. We keep improving and will continue this path.

Please don't misunderstand me either, there are many products that many vendors sell that are exactly the same, joyetech would be one of them , many of us vendors sell joyetech, esco , greensound products etc and they are all equal but many of those are copied as well, many of us sell vision products and at times they are all equal, depending on who gets which version first according to which vendor helped on whatever product, or if a company wants a specific set of products to be released by us because of how big we are then that would be the difference but over all if a company is up to date like we are and they sell a kanger product then ours would be the same higher quality product and vice versa. Right now the joyetech twist is being copied, so i would be careful and make sure the vendor lets you know its a genuine joyetech product, the real vendors like us do so, the other less reputable places might not tell you and some will let you know its a copy.

Here is the official vendors list for the usa of reputable vision re-sellers and we all sell genuine vision products and we are the leader in bringing you the latest and greatest and being on top of the game for all of you, be careful where you shop, be alert and always shop with reputable vendors on or off of ecf and rest assured that at gotvapes we will always carry the original versions.

joytech list

Seems like we keep needing to see this to avoid confusion about products ;)

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
the vision eternity is a real vision product and even if its copied down the road you can check the list on the vision site or shop with us knowing we gaurentee it will be real.

im sorry to hear your story and its real issue and by the responses here it had happened to many of us.

They know what they are doing when they sell fakes, they will say its china its all the same but in reality its not true, china produces good products, not all factories though are equal, the issue is there is many many factories but not many good ones, so these other places might need to compete somehow since the bigger better known vendors wont deal with fakes as we all have been burned before, so they buy the cheaper knock offs and pass it on to the customer for a cheaper price, the customer sees a pic, thinks its the same and sees it for dollars cheaper and assume the other places are ripping people off when its the cheaper one thats the rip off and unfortunetly the one that gets hurt the most if the unknowing customer.

This isnt about quality control as even the top companies can have crazy things happen but they stand behind it and so do we and they fix it, these other places use cheaper, older less quality product and then they dont build them well and your left with a mess.

I think you assume too much. I know of smaller vendors who also sell only the real deal. I understand this is about promoting GV, but to bash another supplier just because they are not "bigger" is not exactly a fair statement.

If you are out of stock on something, it behooves your customers who are in need of another disposable product to be able to purchase somewhere else in a pinch. And still get the same quality, with the same customer service. And I know of a few "little" vendors who do a fine job of that.

Thank you for pointing out the fact that there are some vendors who do NOT have the same standards as you do, but please do not imply that just because a vendor is small means they are selling inferior products.

I am sure I will be bashed a lot for this, but it kind of made me feel mad that you think size matters, when in reality this should have been about QUALITY matters.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I think you assume too much. I know of smaller vendors who also sell only the real deal. I understand this is about promoting GV, but to bash another supplier just because they are not "bigger" is not exactly a fair statement.

If you are out of stock on something, it behooves your customers who are in need of another disposable product to be able to purchase somewhere else in a pinch. And still get the same quality, with the same customer service. And I know of a few "little" vendors who do a fine job of that.

Thank you for pointing out the fact that there are some vendors who do NOT have the same standards as you do, but please do not imply that just because a vendor is small means they are selling inferior products.

I am sure I will be bashed a lot for this, but it kind of made me feel mad that you think size matters, when in reality this should have been about QUALITY matters.

yes i agree even smaller vendors will think like we do and only carry the originals, they do and i said they do, this was more prevelant when the issue was happening at that moment, no one is bashing other vendors except the ones who were guilty of this, they know who they are and so do many posters on ecf, there is no hiding from this. we encourage people to buy from anyone they choose to but to be careful as some claim the product is form a specific factory when its not, this is still happening, people are selling the vision vivi nova till this they and its a fake copy , and some choose to call it vision and then they get caught and just call it a vivi nova, others are selling products under the nova name we created and yet its a totally different product, people are still selling ego twists with the same twist name yet its a fake and not from joytech, so the issue is something people need to be concerned about plain and simple. you are correct , this could happen with larger and even smaller vendors and I agree not all small vendors participate in this practice, there are many great smaller vendors who also stand by buying actual products form the original factories. I still see the issue of people carrying copies as real and we hope it changes.

You will not be bashed, your airing your concerns and i agree with them but i wasnt trying to blanket a whole section of vendors so no worries, i understood what you were saying.

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011

That is not being implied at all......what is stated is the one's that DO, know they do it....and there is a way to find out if your preferred vendor is one of those that use and abuse the good name of good products to sell knockoffs. Are all Vendors listed in those links...no, the vendor needs to take the initiative to have themselves listed....BUT, it doesn't take much to contact the supplier to find out if that questionable vendor is indeed selling the real deal.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
... but it kind of made me feel mad that you think size matters, when in reality this should have been about QUALITY matters.

That's what I tried to tell her, but she said she didn't want to see me any more anyway. :(

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

By his providing a direct link to the vendor's dealer list he helped you out in getting this information on where to go when you find yourself in that situation.

As Kee pointed out, those vendors that DO sell the origionals should contact the factory and get themselves added to that list.

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
This was a good post. Of course Got Vapes will promote their brand but not in the original post, he also stated there are some other vendors who sell the higher quality products and even offered two links for vendors of Vision and Joyetech. That is straight up fair. I also did not see bashing of smaller vendors. I myself purchase from several vendors I have found by trial and error that sell the quality equipment. He was spot on when he said the knockoffs of knockoffs give the original product a bad name. Just look at all of the "Vivi Nova's or Stardusts, etc.,, are crap and leak and don't work and fall apart and so on. I use these products and almost never have a problem. Occasionally you get a bad coil or similar but QC in China being what it is, that is acceptable to me.

robtest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
atlanta, ga metro area

Learned my lesson on clones... Doh! :unsure:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

joytech list

This applies to so many products!!!!

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida

This can pertain to rebuildables as well, many look alike but upon closer inspection there are visible differences in build/quality/machining etc.

joytech list

Prior to finding GV I biyught 2 nova's on sale. None of the heads fit them tho. Therefore for 1 use not such a bargain. Thats why you are stuck with me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread