Diluting Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDC

Jan 15, 2014
Anderson, IN, USA
Question, I got a bottle of Dekang's Dark Red tobacco 2.4mg nicotine in a 30ml bottle, I have about 27ml left in the bottle, the problem is the nicotine strength and taste both are WAY to strong, is there any way I can dilute it with regular tap water to make the nicotine strength and taste not so strong as I don't want to buy any pg or vg or distilled water or alchohol or anything else, so can I use regular tap water to dilute it down to about 1.8mg nicotine using regular tap water for the 27ml and if so how many drops of regular tap water should I use to dilute it down to 1.8mg nicotine?

Thanks!:ohmy:

Tap water isn't recommended. While distilled water gets used in very limited amounts with some high-VG liquids, it's only a tiny bit and only enough to thin out the mix--a few drops at most.

I'm not sure how much large amounts of water are going to vape, but my bet is extremely poorly. Tap water, in and of itself, has plenty of dissolved ions in it which are also going to destroy your atomizer really fast.

Regardless, if you do try it, I'd do so with a very small amount (perhaps a single ml) and see how it goes.

The mix would be:

1 unit tobacco flavored liquid
1/3 unit dilutant (PG, VG, water)

So if you're working with 1 ml of your tobacco flavored liquid, you'd add 1/3 ml of dilutant to turn it down to 18 mg/ml. 10 ml of flavored liquid, add 3.3 ml dilutant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread