Decided to take the chance, got some questions !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
some real good suggestions for hardware but for juice I would recomend the diy method. since you havent handled liquid yet I would suggest 36 mg nic. also as you dont know what mg you will use mixed or how much i would go with 500ml vg nic ( i say vg bc some people have a reaction to pg and you dont want to be stuck with unusable nic)then buy at least a doz flavors ranging from tobaccos to deserts. once you know which ones you like reordering flavoring shouldnt be a problem with cutoms. another 500 ml both pg and vg( that amt gives a little breathing room for experimenting) as well as measuring syringes,pipets and empty bottles.for bottles you may need a few 3,5,10 and 20ml.

Last edited:

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
There a lot of cartomizers type, im confused, I dont undertand are they already filled with juice? if so, what nictine strenghti'm looking for moderate to high nic. Original tobacco flavour. Can i refill the crtos with a different e-liquid?
Also there is two type of ego batteries, a regular and an XL battery,
Im planning to make an order from E-Liquid.
Would u please visit the website and help me with the choice. Im convinced with your choice because its just simple.
But i need ur help on the models of batteries and the charrgers and the cartos
there are Blanks and DK TAB and Virginia Blend . Im looking for normal cigarettes flavour like the merit or the MArlboro Red.
I really appreciate Your effort and again, Thank you very much u and all the other wonderful guys
U guys are awesome
I'm sorry. I forgot to metion that...... The joy eGo batteries work perfectly with the LR/Low resistance cartomizers...so 2.0 to 2.6 ohm is what you want.
as far as the battery, I recomend the Joy eGo 650 passthru. you can charge it and vape at the same time plugged in the wall or USB to the computer
The juices, I would get a variaty.....just from experience when I started, I got a bunch of one flavor and it turned out I could not stand it....

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Dear Rick ,
Thanks for your time and effort. What do u think about this
DSE 901 Elite bundle which consists of:
3 Rechargeable Batteries
3 x Atomizer
1 x USB Battery Charger
1 x USB Mains Plug (EU or UK)
5 x Blank Cartridges
5 x 5ml E-Liquid From Our Range or 1 x 30ml E-Liquid From our Range
Plus a PCC and Extra 5x 30 ml of E-liquid?
Am i mising anything to be started?

You're welcome!

I don't know how to do the math!!! Converting UK to US currency. lol! So I can't tell if it's a good price or not. It does cover most of your basic hardware though.

Backing up a bit: Several people have recommended the Joye eGo - that gets my vote too.

Look at it this way: The batteries in the 901 or 108 are only 180 mAh capacity. The Joye eGo batteries start at 650 mAh and can be had up to 1000 mAh capacity. Using a couple of any of those batteries you could easily get through an entire day before needing to charge.

The 180 mAh batteries? Most likely two hours run time or less per battery.

My list of "how many of what" to get would drastically change with the eGo. Smaller batteries tend to just not last as long before they die and can't be recharged. If you switched to eGo hardware, I would say you could get by with 4 or 5 eGo batteries for a six month purchase, versus 12 of the 901's.

And I'm not saying you will go through a dozen 901 batteries in six months. But if you can only buy them every six months that's what I would buy under the circumstances.

Back to the "looks like a cigarette" issue. If you really want that then the 901 isn't a bad choice. But any e-cig we know is 510 compatible gives you more options. Any of the 510 models listed at Liberty Flights is good. And the eGo is also 510 compatible. So a lot of the hardware - many atomizers and the cartridges for a 510 model will also fit and work with the eGo.

Somebody else already said it - the eGo isn't as big as you think. For some reason it looked bigger in the on-line photos than I thought it would be. Just to give you an idea, I just measured my eGo with a 900 mAh battery fitted and it measures 5.25" (133 mm) long, and a bit over 1/2" (14 mm) diameter.

It comes down to: Looks like a cigarette = short battery run times. Larger battery models don't look like a cigarette, but the battery charging is far less tedious.

Hope this is helping. There is a lot of information to digest and things to consider.

Rick

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
In my opinion, best thing for juice, since you really have no idea what strength will work best for you and many when first starting out will definitely vape more than you might think, is get a few different strengths. Get some juice in the low (6-8mg) med (12-18) and some in high (24). Some people vape different strengths at different times of the day.

Cartomizers are refillable and I would get some of those, atomizer, in my opinion, hit a little harder (my preference) so I would get both to see which you'll like more.

If I were you I would get at least 3-4 ego or Riva batteries, enough for 30mls of juice/wk to be safe (I use about 4mls/day), at least 10 Cartomizers, 6-8 atomizers and a drip tip. Make sure your Cartomizers and atomizers are all 510 as that is the threading for the ego and riva.

YouTube will be an invaluable resource! Many videos are available to teach you how to use all the parts.

Make sure you get a good variety of juice, you, as most of us found, will be very surprised at what flavors you'll end up liking! I never thought waffle would be something I'd see myself 'smoking', but it is one of my absolute favorites. For a slightly sweet tobacco type, RY4 seems to definitely be a popular choice.

Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
You're welcome!

I don't know how to do the math!!! Converting UK to US currency. lol! So I can't tell if it's a good price or not. It does cover most of your basic hardware though.

Backing up a bit: Several people have recommended the Joye eGo - that gets my vote too.

Look at it this way: The batteries in the 901 or 108 are only 180 mAh capacity. The Joye eGo batteries start at 650 mAh and can be had up to 1000 mAh capacity. Using a couple of any of those batteries you could easily get through an entire day before needing to charge.

The 180 mAh batteries? Most likely two hours run time or less per battery.

My list of "how many of what" to get would drastically change with the eGo. Smaller batteries tend to just not last as long before they die and can't be recharged. If you switched to eGo hardware, I would say you could get by with 4 or 5 eGo batteries for a six month purchase, versus 12 of the 901's.

And I'm not saying you will go through a dozen 901 batteries in six months. But if you can only buy them every six months that's what I would buy under the circumstances.

Back to the "looks like a cigarette" issue. If you really want that then the 901 isn't a bad choice. But any e-cig we know is 510 compatible gives you more options. Any of the 510 models listed at Liberty Flights is good. And the eGo is also 510 compatible. So a lot of the hardware - many atomizers and the cartridges for a 510 model will also fit and work with the eGo.

Somebody else already said it - the eGo isn't as big as you think. For some reason it looked bigger in the on-line photos than I thought it would be. Just to give you an idea, I just measured my eGo with a 900 mAh battery fitted and it measures 5.25" (133 mm) long, and a bit over 1/2" (14 mm) diameter.

It comes down to: Looks like a cigarette = short battery run times. Larger battery models don't look like a cigarette, but the battery charging is far less tedious.

Hope this is helping. There is a lot of information to digest and things to consider.

Rick
Good looking out Ric....
For a guy needing hardware for 6 months I think the Joy eGo is the best thing for him IMO.....
My wife uses them every day. In fact she has used two of them exclusivly for a year now and both are still working great!

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
Thank you all guys,
Here is my final order list:

3 eGo batteries
8x30 ml 50/50 E-liquid Nic. 18mg
2x30 ml VG Eliquid Nic. 24mg (for bad craving days -thanks to Hairball) :)
10 Atomizers
4 boxes of cartidges
3 boxes of Cartomizers LR
1 Drip tip
1 PCC
, Thinking about the passthrou
Am i missing anything?
Iraqui........ I wish the best for you and I hope all works out well in your 6 month adventure. It is just past 1am here in California so I must get my last vape in and turn out the light. If and when you get a chance, let us all know how it works out for you..
Good luck to you:)

Ok good Night Thank u Mate for ur help and patience.

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Thank you all guys,

3 eGo batteries
10 Atomizers
4 boxes of cartidges
1 Drip tip
1 PCC
Am i missing anything?

Ok good Night Thank u Mate for ur help and patience.
This is the best place for help for sure.... Good list for your order. I have just about all of the Joy tech products and both my wife and I think that the passthru battery is the best......also get one or two more boxes of the LR cartos......you will thank me later:)
Also the PCC will not be needed or cannot be used with the passthru batts...

Last edited:

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
  • Excuse my ignorance...But are those cartomizers refillable? coz i thought they are disposable so 30 cartomizers will only last for three days .so I dont get it why i should buy E-liquid+cartomizers+2 atomizers?? and what is the difference between them and the PVs with ordinary cartidges and atomizers??

Hi there and welcome to the ECF! You've already received some great advice here. I don't if anyone caught this but I wanted to address what you've said above!

You will definitely not be going through 30 cartomizers in 3 days!!! First off, yes, they are refillable! However, you want to make sure that you dedicate a cartomizer to one flavour of eliquid. Secondly, a fully filled cartomizer is equal to more than one analog...on average about 100 good 'puffs' which is closer to about 10 analogs. If you're a pack a day smoker now, you'll probably consume 2-5 cartomizers per day, however, you can refill them each day and continue to use them until they are no longer performing well. A good cartomizer can last upwards of a week with continued refills.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I've noticed that many newbies (myself included) start with slim battery e-cig models but within a relatively short time, they are are ready to upgrade to a more power model. Given your situation, I would skip the slim battery type altogether and start with a more powerful ecig (get a starter kit that comes with two complete e-cigs)-- something with at least 650mah and a 510 threading. Beyond 650mah, such as 1000 or 1300mah will definitely allow you to vape all day without having to worry about carrying a spare battery with you while at work.

Ecig models that are 510 threaded (eGo, riva 510, etc.) give you quite a bit of flexibility in terms of how you use the unit. You can use the battery part with a cartomizer which makes it a two-piece unit, OR, you can use the battery with an atomizer and a cartridge which makes it a 3 piece unit. Additionally, you can use just the atomizer along with a drip tip (while you are at home) and just drip a few drops of eliquid directly onto the atomizer and then vape with just a drip tip. I think for ease of use during your work day, especially if you are going to be out all day in and out of the hospital, cartomizers will be a much simpler solution (you can take 3-5 prefilled cartridges with you and just switch them out when you notice the flavour/vapour production decrease). You can refill your cartomizers each night for the following day and charge your battery overnight.

To figure out what strength of eliquid you may need, you can use the nicotine level of your current analog brand as a guide. My brand of analogs listed a nicotine level of .8mg - 1.3mg per cigarette and I found that using 12mg/ml was suitable for my needs.

Calculating how much eliquid you might need for 6 months is a little trickier as everyone's experience is different. Considering that the average former pack a day user consumes 2-5mls per day, you may want to average that out to 3.5mls/day x 180 days = 630mls.

Hope this helps.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you all guys,

3 eGo batteries
10 Atomizers
4 boxes of cartidges
1 Drip tip
1 PCC
Am i missing anything?

Did you look at any kits? The eGo kits I purchased came with 2 batteries, two attys, two atty covers (just covers up the atty and make things look nice), an AC to USB charger and came with a pack of 5 cartridges. In my case the kit price for all that stuff was a far better deal than if I bought the individual items. If you can find 2 kits like that you have four batteries instead of only three, 4 attys and two chargers - make sure you have a backup charger in there somewhere.

Because the run time on the eGo batteries is so much longer it would be my opinion that the PCC doesn't do much good. I would get the passthrough and have 2 chargers included in kits and you would be good to go. These are all day batteries so if you carry two of them - and the passthrough is available for emergencies - you shouldn't need the pcc. A passthrough can also be used with a car USB power adapter.

Oh! It hasn't been brought up yet! Manual "push a button to operate" batteries. Less prone to failure. And you have complete control of the experience. Auto batteries can be a little flaky - they each have their own "personality" as to when they turn on and cut off as you inhale. And if you get liquid in them by accident it can ruin them.

I'm going to bed now! And this time I mean it! :blink:

Rick

P.S. If you find the kits are a better deal then adjust the quantity of some of the other items on your list accordingly. I didn't mean to imply just get the kits, but not the other stuff.

Last edited:

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
Throwing a little something into the mix, and I don't mean to confuse you, but liberty flights in the UK has a great little mod section as well that are relatively inexpensive E-Cig City Mods - Little Gem - Sidewinder . I really would suggest adding one of these kits to your shopping list. The eGo is a great starter set, but things do happen and batteries do sometimes just fail. If you add a mod, it is a backup that you can buy batteries for easily. Since you are looking for a set up that will last you at least 6 months, it may be a good investment. Though I will say that eGos and Rivas took me through the first 9 months of vaping.

You may be uncomfortable with the look and design and prefer the eGo in that respect, but if you do take to vaping you will soon find out that the tradition analog design is really not as important as function, though it may be a bit of a stretch for someone just starting out.

Last edited:

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
Throwing a little something into the mix, and I don't mean to confuse you, but liberty flights in the UK has a great little mod section as well that are relatively inexpensive E-Cig City Mods - Little Gem - Sidewinder . I really would suggest adding one of these kits to your shopping list. The eGo is a great starter set, but things do happen and batteries do sometimes just fail. If you add a mod, it is a backup that you can buy batteries for easily. Since you are looking for a set up that will last you at least 6 months, it may be a good investment. Though I will say that eGos and Rivas took me through the first 9 months of vaping.

You may be uncomfortable with the look and design and prefer the eGo in that respect, but if you do take to vaping you will soon find out that the tradition analog design is really not as important as function, though it may be a bit of a stretch for someone just starting out.

Do u Know what type of cartomizers suitable for ego 501??

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I think you'll like the Ego or Riva better than the DSE 901 because the batteries are better. I'd be sure to have more than one battery on hand, too.

I would order some non-tobacco flavored juice in both 18mg and 24mg strengths in addition to your tobacco e-juice. Coffee and fruit flavors are usually a good choice; they're very popular. (I've never tried the e-juice from Liberty Flights, so I can't really recommend anything.)

Good luck!

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
I've never used an ego, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they have a pcc for the ego?? I went to mods very quickly, but I had a pcc for my first cig which was one of the small cig sized.

Looking at your last order plan, I noticed the pcc and didn't want you to waste money on one if not compatible. Also, think you will need more juice for a 6 month period. To be safe, 30mls/ week.

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
I've never used an ego, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they have a pcc for the ego?? I went to mods very quickly, but I had a pcc for my first cig which was one of the small cig sized.

Looking at your last order plan, I noticed the pcc and didn't want you to waste money on one if not compatible. Also, think you will need more juice for a 6 month period. To be safe, 30mls/ week.

The standard eGo can charge with a PCC. The eGo passthru will not work with a PCC. I have both and never needed a PCC.
I can also say that I can vape about 2mil of juice without having to charge the eGo 650 passthru batt

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
My final list (turned out to be very expensive) but worth it
one final question, Am I missing anything or anythin is wrong or incompitable?

E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Original Red - Extra High - 24MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Parliament - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Stuyvesant (Tobacco) - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Tobacco - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Winston - High - 18MG £13.04 2 £26.08 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Home Counties - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Original Red- High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Parliament - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Tobacco - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E Liquid E Liquid 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Winston - High - 18MG £13.04 1 £13.04 E-Cig City M E-CigCity Passthrough ECC 510 Pass-Through £17.99 1 £17.99 * Electronic C 510 Black 510 - 5 Pack £21.59 1 £21.59 Electronic C Boge Cartomizers Boge 510 Cartomizer 2.5 Ohm (Black) - 5 Pack £5.84 2 £11.68 Electronic C KR808D-1 Cartomizer Cherry 5 Pack - Extra High - 24MG £3.14 1 £3.14 Electronic C KR808D-1 Cartomizer Turk USA 5 Pack - Ex. High - 24MG £3.14 1 £3.14 Electronic C KR808D-1 Cartomizer Virgina 5 Pack - Extra High - 24MG £3.14 1 £3.14 Electronic C eGo Black eGo 510 - Standard £38.69 2 £77.38 Mods Drip Tips 510/901 Delrin Drip Tips - Type C £1.13 1 £1.13

Discount 10%

Items £282.64

Shipping £2.89

Total £285.53 462 USD

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
My final list (turned out to be very expensive) but worth it
one final question, Am I missing anything or anythin is wrong or incompitable?

This was difficult to read so I'm just going to reformat it so that we can see what it all is:

E Liquid
1x 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Original Red - Extra High - 24MG
1x 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Parliament - High - 18MG
1x 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Stuyvesant (Tobacco) - High - 18MG
1x 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Tobacco - High - 18MG
2x 30ML - PG - Tobaccos Winston - High - 18MG
1x 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Home Counties - High - 18MG
1x 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Original Red- High - 18MG
1x 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Parliament - High - 18MG
1x 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Tobacco - High - 18MG
1x 30ML - VG - Tobaccos VG Winston - High - 18MG

Hardware & Accessories
1x ECC 510 Pass-Through
1x Black 510 Atomizers - 5 Pack
2x Boge 510 Cartomizer 2.5 Ohm (Black) - 5 Pack
1x KR808D-1 Cartomizer Cherry 5 Pack - Extra High - 24MG
1x KR808D-1 Cartomizer Turk USA 5 Pack - Ex. High - 24MG
1x KR808D-1 Cartomizer Virgina 5 Pack - Extra High - 24MG

2x Black eGo 510 - Standard Starter Kit
1x 510/901 Delrin Drip Tips - Type C

I've noted above that it appears you have chosen some prefilled cartomizers - the problem is that you do not have any compatible hardware. KR808D-1 cartomizers are not compatible with 510 threaded devices. In order to be able to use them, you would need a 510 battery adapter, specifically a 510 to 901 adapter.

Other than that, your order looks great. Hope this was helpful!:2cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread