Decided to take the chance, got some questions !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
Hello Guys,
I ve been smoking for 10 years 20 cigarettes per day, I've tried to quit using gums and some drugs but i failed.So I decided to take the chance and Try the E-cigs.The problem is that I live in Egypt and all we got here are rubbish mall brands. Anyway i decided to get them from the UK from liberty-flights.co.uk. Coz my friend will be coming back soon and i will tell him to bring it with him. Some of u will tell me just order them and ship to Egypt?. I wish it was that easy, we pay alot of costums and the e cig thing will be new to the customs officers , they might thinks its a kind of a bomb or biological weapon,lol, they are very strict, lol.
What i need u guys to tell me, WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I buy?? LOL
I decided to buy the DSE 901-dont ask me why- i think i liked how it looks
But what is the difference between the DSE 901 and the 108
The second question is, How much cartidges, atomizers, batteries E-oil should i buy that will be enough for 6 months??? as i told you i smoke 20 cigarettes pack per day or a little more of MERIT yellow king size 8mm nicotine.
I want to buy everything in one purchase because i will not have the chance to make another order any soon!! I want to know wich pack i get and how much oil and should i buy PG or VG or both??
Please help me with that. Thanks for your time, and sorry for my bad english!!

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
for one,....don't vape oil!!! I hear you on the customs too..! The 901 is a good start to experiment with. Just plan on charging it twice a day or so. 6 months you say???? let me see...hummmmm I would get about 400mils to start at least..
I would try an get a joy eGo or Riva 510 with some cartomizers.. about 30 cartomizers or so to last you. I have been vaping for about a year so thats my guess...... I have and use a lot of PV's but I would get 2-510 eGo PV's, 400 to 500mills of juice,a couple of atomizers and about 30 or so on the LR/low resistance cartomizers.
You said 108......did you mean 801?

Last edited:

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
I'm not sure about the differences in those pv's but you might want to think about buying atleast two so you can use one as the other is charging. 120ml of juice will usually last me quite a while but if you are not sure of which flavor you want, try to get a few different ones besides trusting that you will be happy with one certain flavor.

When you decide which pv you want, it might be wise to contact Liberty-Flights and let them assist you with making an order that will last you a while.

Good luck and happy vaping!

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
the hard part will be the Attys, some will last a few weeks while some carts last only a day or so for me. i believe average Smokers use about 3ml a day while some 5-6ml a day. I seem to be around 30ml a week but i am just starting out and still figuring out what works for me. That will be your hardest part. it seems most people go through a couple different systems before finding one that works for them.

It would seem that your hardest part with customs would be the Nic Juice. The rest of the parts could just be labeled electronics parts-you would still have the customs fees but at least you could try different combinations.

As for the E-Juice i personally like 70%vg And 30 pg. some like 50/50 -VG holds flavor better but PG produces more vapor.If you smoked one pack a day you most likely want a 12 or 24 MG E-juice. hope it helps.

You will also find that most of the suppliers are extremely friendly and helpful so if there is anything they can do to help you with customs like label a certain way or marking it as a gift make sure to ask. i have ordered from several suppliers and have had great customer service from all of them.

Thats one of the nicest things about this community and suppliers , It seems that everybody that is in it does it because they were and are a vapor too and not just in it for the money(yet)

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
the hard part will be the Attys, some will last a few weeks while some carts last only a day or so for me. i believe average Smokers use about 3ml a day while some 5-6ml a day. I seem to be around 30ml a week but i am just starting out and still figuring out what works for me. That will be your hardest part. it seems most people go through a couple different systems before finding one that works for them.

It would seem that your hardest part with customs would be the Nic Juice. The rest of the parts could just be labeled electronics parts-you would still have the customs fees but at least you could try different combinations.

As for the E-Juice i personally like 70%vg And 30 pg. some like 50/50 -VG holds flavor better but PG produces more vapor.If you smoked one pack a day you most likely want a 12 or 24 MG E-juice. hope it helps.

You will also find that most of the suppliers are extremely friendly and helpful so if there is anything they can do to help you with customs like label a certain way or marking it as a gift make sure to ask. i have ordered from several suppliers and have had great customer service from all of them.

Thats one of the nicest things about this community and suppliers , It seems that everybody that is in it does it because they were and are a vapor too and not just in it for the money(yet)
I think "proggieus means PG holds more flavor and VG produces more vapor

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Welcome to the board, Iraqui! Nice to meet you! I understood your English just fine. :)

I've been using a Joye 510 for almost a year, now. When I got my 1st order from Cignot, with juice, I got two sets of equipment and found I go through a 15ml bottle a month...maybe a little over. It's difficult to compare 20 cigs = what size e-juice to get for X amount of time. I was smoking a little over 40 cigs/day, but they were Ultra Lights. I use 26 mg of e-juice. It can be difficult to get everything correct the first go round, and I realize you have to be prepared for 6 mos. in advance. I found, early on, that to match up a tobacco flavor in e-juice almost gagged me. I also got a blue led tip so that people wouldn't think of me as a smoker when they see my device.

I wish you wellness and success!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi. Best of luck with this. It's not an easy thing to sort out as a newbie, let alone plan six months at a time!

I still think my advice for anyone new to this applies: try to keep it simple. Pick your basic hardware - seems you already made a decision there - and get six months of hardware supplies to back it up. I don't know anything about the 2 models you are looking at, so I can't give you specific recommendations there. See here for a review of the DSE108, size comparisons etc.:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/standard-e-cigarettes/35010-review-dse-108-e-cig.html

Looking at that info I'm not sure how much that hardware is going to be cross compatible with more standard hardware. Caveat emptor - do some more research before committing to this hardware.

Liberty Flights says both models use the same battery - the biggest difference is they use different atomizers and perform differently because of that. Supposedly the 901 atomizers produce more vapor and better TH. Bottom line: the 108 looks more like a cigarette, but compromises on performance. The 901 looks less like a cigarette but has somewhat better performance.

Regarding your hardware: EXTRA EVERYTHING! It won't do you any good to have all that liquid on hand if you lose an e-cig, a battery dies prematurely, etc. Atomizers might last two months. Or they might die in two days. Or some of them might be dead on arrival. Or you screw something up and accidentally burn one out. Or...

Since either model uses the same 180 mAh "mini" type batteries you won't get long run times. I highly doubt you will see "they can last up to 5 hours" per charge. With this model you're gonna be real tired of charging batteries multiple times a day at the end of six months. I'm just sayin... If you still go with either of these models I would get at least a dozen extra batteries beyond any of them included in any kits. Minimum.

Get at least two starter kits. That way you will have two chargers on hand. Maybe get a third charger under your circumstances.

You will absolutely want a PCC to charge batteries when you are about and about.

And a car charger if you use a vehicle.

If you work or are in a stationary place for extended periods get a pass-through device and use it instead of having to deplete and recharge your batteries.

Atomizers? No idea about longevity for these models. As I said, any given atomizer could last for months, or might crap out the first time you use it. If I had to punt, for an "insurance" number, I would have 2 per week on hand.

Extra carts. Not because they wear out. But you are going to buy a lot of different flavors you will need cartridges to try them out. And if you travel a lot it's easier to fill several carts and take them with.

You will also want to get some extra filler material for the carts - the filler does get crappy after a while. The basic polyfill you can get in a crafts or sewing store will work if you can get it in where you are. If not, it's something your friend will need to get in the UK.

You are hearing talk about cartomizers - combines the cartridge and the atomizer into one unit. There are pros and cons about that. But I don't see cartomizers listed at Liberty Flights for either of the two models you are looking at.

The typical usage that I've seen reported here is 10 ml's of liquids per week. (My vendor I get supplies from says the same thing too.) Heavy smokers trying to quit - probably more, lighter smokers... you get the picture. As somebody who quit Pall Mall Blue's - pretty close to what you are smoking and the same amounts - I'm coming in at using about 10 - 12 ml's liquid a week. So figure that out for a six month supply accordingly - then add more to it for insurance.

The hard part? What fluids to buy. There is a pretty broad range regarding what level of nicotine different people need. I smoked "lights" and I still needed 26 mg and 30 mg levels. A typical noob would first buy a range of strengths in small amounts and figure out what strength works best. You don't have that luxury. Ditto on how to decide on what flavors to get - the path of figuring out what you do and don't like.

I got nuttin' on that topic right now. You may want to consider jumping right into DIY liquids so you will have control over the nicotine strength and the flavors.

Rick

Last edited:

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
for one,....don't vape oil!!! I hear you on the customs too..! The 901 is a good start to experiment with. Just plan on charging it twice a day or so. 6 months you say???? let me see...hummmmm I would get about 400mils to start at least..
I would try an get a joy eGo or Riva 510 with some cartomizers.. about 30 cartomizers or so to last you. I have been vaping for about a year so thats my guess...... I have and use a lot of PV's but I would get 2-510 eGo PV's, 400 to 500mills of juice,a couple of atomizers and about 30 or so on the LR/low resistance cartomizers.
You said 108......did you mean 801?

Sorry i meant E-liquid by oil, lol. still not familiar with the vocab, i started this search today, lol.
I was planning to buy the starter pack with a pcc charger as Im a doctor and Im out all the day in the hospital.
i need something with good battery life for sure and the pcc for charging ( i love it)

• Do u think the joy ego or the riva 501 will be more suitable for me?
  • Excuse my ignorance...But are those cartomizers refillable? coz i thought they are disposable so 30 cartomizers will only last for three days .so I dont get it why i should buy E-liquid+cartomizers+2 atomizers?? and what is the difference between them and the PVs with ordinary cartidges and atomizers??
  • Yes i saw a DSE 108 model on liberty-flights.co.uk website
Would u please translate your your opinion into a shopping list for me?? lol

Thanks for ur time and effort

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
I'm not sure about the differences in those pv's but you might want to think about buying atleast two so you can use one as the other is charging. 120ml of juice will usually last me quite a while but if you are not sure of which flavor you want, try to get a few different ones besides trusting that you will be happy with one certain flavor.

When you decide which pv you want, it might be wise to contact Liberty-Flights and let them assist you with making an order that will last you a while.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Thank you i hope i can make a decision soon and be come a Vaper, im thinking about the riva 901 more now . because of the longer battery life.

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
I found, early on, that to match up a tobacco flavor in e-juice almost gagged me. I also got a blue led tip so that people wouldn't think of me as a smoker when they see my device.

I wish you wellness and success!

Yes i thought it is only one original tobacco flavour, now it harder to make a choice, hope there is a store with testers to try everything out, Thank you

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Sorry i meant E-liquid by oil, lol. still not familiar with the vocab, i started this search today, lol.
I was planning to buy the starter pack with a pcc charger as Im a doctor and Im out all the day in the hospital.
i need something with good battery life for sure and the pcc for charging ( i love it)

• Do u think the joy ego or the riva 501 will be more suitable for me?
  • Excuse my ignorance...But are those cartomizers refillable? coz i thought they are disposable so 30 cartomizers will only last for three days .so I dont get it why i should buy E-liquid+cartomizers+2 atomizers?? and what is the difference between them and the PVs with ordinary cartidges and atomizers??
  • Yes i saw a DSE 108 model on liberty-flights.co.uk website
Would u please translate your your opinion into a shopping list for me?? lol

Thanks for ur time and effort
Sure..... The Joy eGo is a bigger and better battery than a pen style battery that will last longer but is not much larger than a pen style as you might think. Atomizers are basicly for dripping. they just don't last as long as cartomizers. Cartomizers can be reused over and over again. Look them up on YouTube on how to use and refill them. Depending on how much liquid you will need, it depends realy. I smoked a pack to just over a pack per day and now I vape 10mg nic juice I make at 2.5 to 3.5mil each day. A friend of mine smoked a pack per day and only vapes maybe a mill of juice per day. It varies with each of us.....
So, for starters I would get 2 batteries plenty of cartomizers / upwards of 30 or so and 300 to 400mil of juice. on the juice=example 2 mills per day for 6 months= 364mills. Hope that helps:)

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
Hi. Best of luck with this. It's not an easy thing to sort out as a newbie, let alone plan six months at a time!

I still think my advice for anyone new to this applies: try to keep it simple. Pick your basic hardware - seems you already made a decision there - and get six months of hardware supplies to back it up. I don't know anything about the 2 models you are looking at, so I can't give you specific recommendations there. See here for a review of the DSE108, size comparisons etc.:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/standard-e-cigarettes/35010-review-dse-108-e-cig.html

Looking at that info I'm not sure how much that hardware is going to be cross compatible with more standard hardware. Caveat emptor - do some more research before committing to this hardware.

Liberty Flights says both models use the same battery - the biggest difference is they use different atomizers and perform differently because of that. Supposedly the 901 atomizers produce more vapor and better TH. Bottom line: the 108 looks more like a cigarette, but compromises on performance. The 901 looks less like a cigarette but has somewhat better performance.

Regarding your hardware: EXTRA EVERYTHING! It won't do you any good to have all that liquid on hand if you lose an e-cig, a battery dies prematurely, etc. Atomizers might last two months. Or they might die in two days. Or some of them might be dead on arrival. Or you screw something up and accidentally burn one out. Or...

Since either model uses the same 180 mAh "mini" type batteries you won't get long run times. I highly doubt you will see "they can last up to 5 hours" per charge. With this model you're gonna be real tired of charging batteries multiple times a day at the end of six months. I'm just sayin... If you still go with either of these models I would get at least a dozen extra batteries beyond any of them included in any kits. Minimum.

Get at least two starter kits. That way you will have two chargers on hand. Maybe get a third charger under your circumstances.

You will absolutely want a PCC to charge batteries when you are about and about.

And a car charger if you use a vehicle.

If you work or are in a stationary place for extended periods get a pass-through device and use it instead of having to deplete and recharge your batteries.

Atomizers? No idea about longevity for these models. As I said, any given atomizer could last for months, or might crap out the first time you use it. If I had to punt, for an "insurance" number, I would have 2 per week on hand.

Extra carts. Not because they wear out. But you are going to buy a lot of different flavors you will need cartridges to try them out. And if you travel a lot it's easier to fill several carts and take them with.

You will also want to get some extra filler material for the carts - the filler does get crappy after a while. The basic polyfill you can get in a crafts or sewing store will work if you can get it in where you are. If not, it's something your friend will need to get in the UK.

You are hearing talk about cartomizers - combines the cartridge and the atomizer into one unit. There are pros and cons about that. But I don't see cartomizers listed at Liberty Flights for either of the two models you are looking at.

The typical usage that I've seen reported here is 10 ml's of liquids per week. (My vendor I get supplies from says the same thing too.) Heavy smokers trying to quit - probably more, lighter smokers... you get the picture. As somebody who quit Pall Mall Blue's - pretty close to what you are smoking and the same amounts - I'm coming in at using about 10 - 12 ml's liquid a week. So figure that out for a six month supply accordingly - then add more to it for insurance.

The hard part? What fluids to buy. There is a pretty broad range regarding what level of nicotine different people need. I smoked "lights" and I still needed 26 mg and 30 mg levels. A typical noob would first buy a range of strengths in small amounts and figure out what strength works best. You don't have that luxury. Ditto on how to decide on what flavors to get - the path of figuring out what you do and don't like.

I got nuttin' on that topic right now. You may want to consider jumping right into DIY liquids so you will have control over the nicotine strength and the flavors.

Rick

Dear Rick ,
Thanks for your time and effort. What do u think about this
DSE 901 Elite bundle which consists of:
3 Rechargeable Batteries
3 x Atomizer
1 x USB Battery Charger
1 x USB Mains Plug (EU or UK)
5 x Blank Cartridges
5 x 5ml E-Liquid From Our Range or 1 x 30ml E-Liquid From our Range
Plus a PCC and Extra 5x 30 ml of E-liquid?
Am i mising anything to be started?

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Here's what I suggest:

eGo or Riva kit. The dse 901 is nice but the 901 has an airier draw to it. I don't know if you'll like that. The 510 in about middle of the road for draw.

Start with 18mg nicotine liquid and some just under that. 18mg is a great starting place. You might want to order at least a bottle of 24mg for those really bad craving days.

PG, VG, or mix is a tough one. Some people have allergic reactions to PG. I would start with a 50/50 mix but consider some all VG just incase you can't vape PG.

Atomizers will eventually go out so I would at least get 8-10 since you aren't going to do any ordering for 6 months.

Grab a couple boxes of cartomizers also. You may find that you like these. Simple and great for on the go.

Get a drip tip and at least 3-4 boxes of cartridges for your atomizers.

Good luck and I hope everything goes great for you. Welcome to ECF.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it.

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Here's what I suggest:

eGo or Riva kit. The dse 901 is nice but the 901 has an airier draw to it. I don't know if you'll like that. The 510 in about middle of the road for draw.

Start with 18mg nicotine liquid and some just under that. 18mg is a great starting place. You might want to order at least a bottle of 24mg for those really bad craving days.

PG, VG, or mix is a tough one. Some people have allergic reactions to PG. I would start with a 50/50 mix but consider some all VG just incase you can't vape PG.

Atomizers will eventually go out so I would at least get 8-10 since you aren't going to do any ordering for 6 months.

Grab a couple boxes of cartomizers also. You may find that you like these. Simple and great for on the go.

Get a drip tip and at least 3-4 boxes of cartridges for your atomizers.

Good luck and I hope everything goes great for you. Welcome to ECF.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it.
YES......What she said....

iraqui

Jun 18, 2011
Egypt
Sure..... The Joy eGo is a bigger and better battery than a pen style battery that will last longer but is not much larger than a pen style as you might think. Atomizers are basicly for dripping. they just don't last as long as cartomizers. Cartomizers can be reused over and over again. Look them up on YouTube on how to use and refill them. Depending on how much liquid you will need, it depends realy. I smoked a pack to just over a pack per day and now I vape 10mg nic juice I make at 2.5 to 3.5mil each day. A friend of mine smoked a pack per day and only vapes maybe a mill of juice per day. It varies with each of us.....
So, for starters I would get 2 batteries plenty of cartomizers / upwards of 30 or so and 300 to 400mil of juice. on the juice=example 2 mills per day for 6 months= 364mills. Hope that helps:)

There a lot of cartomizers type, im confused, I dont undertand are they already filled with juice? if so, what nictine strenghti'm looking for moderate to high nic. Original tobacco flavour. Can i refill the crtos with a different E-Liquid?
Also there is two type of ego batteries, a regular and an XL battery,
Im planning to make an order from E-Liquid.
Would u please visit the website and help me with the choice. Im convinced with your choice because its just simple.
But i need ur help on the models of batteries and the charrgers and the cartos
there are Blanks and DK TAB and Virginia Blend . Im looking for normal cigarettes flavour like the merit or the MArlboro Red.
I really appreciate Your effort and again, Thank you very much u and all the other wonderful guys
U guys are awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread