decent service, until you have a problem (Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deafcat64

Jun 8, 2011
West Virginia
The customer service was excellent, until I had a defective Telescope mod. I was instructed to send it back, so I did. It was a day after the warranty when it fell apart. Daniel said "I will send along a couple mini Vivi Nova tanks." A week and 3 days after they received the returned junk, no sign of any Vivi Novas, and I can't even get a straight answer to a support ticket. I started a new ticket and offered to GIVE the 18650 batteries I purchased for the Telescope to any one at Gotvapes who could use them, and still, no straight answer. Here is the response I got from Daniel a week after they received the returned product; "Help me out here. You purchased a Telescope and we refunded you? :)" Seriously? Is this the way you treat someone who has basically given you $70 for 2 useless batteries? That's pretty much the case, since I no longer have the Telescope, whether it is defective or not. I was even pleased to be getting 2 mini Vivi Novas in exchange for $70, taking a loss of $50. I am still willing to purchase from Gotvapes, but I no longer trust them. I seriously hope this isn't common practice from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
HI deafcat- I have you down to send the novas...I mentioned this to you in tickets this past week. We have been extremely busy and I usually spend my weekends catching up on makeups and things of that nature. We'll get those sent out to you - since it was out of warranty you asked or mentioned if it would be ok to at least get some vivi novas and I agreed to it. When I said 'help me out' I really was at that point confused, so before I investigated our merchant processign records I wanted to know if you could give me some history as you had opened a different ticket.

As far as the batteries we don't want those back. I appreciate the offer but just keep them on hand, you will probably find you definitely need them further down the line.

Deafcat64

Jun 8, 2011
West Virginia
Yeah Dan, I did find someone local who wanted the batteries. I gave them to her yesterday. Thanks for the reply. Got my new Detonator VV coming tomorrow, with 4, 14500 batteries. it will be waiting when I get home from my honeymoon. I really regret not going that route in the first place. Who would guess the Telescope would have such weak construction! The pictures and description had me fooled for sure! I may, in the future buy a Beast mod, basically a Detonator that uses 2, 18650s, but until then I don't need them.

Thanks for the reply.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
So let me get this straight in my head..
You fell from warranty, requested 2 vivis for your troubles.
You divided up the ticket making more hassles to help you out.
Danno here bent over backwards to send you what you requested even when warranty was lapsed?
Come in here to complain you got what you wanted past warranty.
Then you think is it's smart to threaten with unsafe batt configurations on your honeymoon?
Good luck with the karma there....

Deafcat64

Jun 8, 2011
West Virginia
For one, the Telescope basically fell apart after 13 days of use. I got it from the mail the day after it was delivered. I charged the batteries while I was away at work the second day I had it. I work in the field, in remote areas with limited, or no cellular service, six days a week most weeks. The 15th day I had it, on the 13th day of actual use, the button fell off in my hand. If you count days of use, it was under warranty. Unfortunately, since I was working over 130 miles from home, with no means of contacting Gotvapes, I had to wait until I returned home to email them. The second ticket was started because the first ticket was closed, even though the issue was not exactly resolved, and I couldn't post a response. Besides, the second ticket was an offer to GIVE anyone there 2 free 18650 batteries. Sure I was a bit disgusted. Especially since I am now away on my honeymoon with one 650mah eGo battery to get by until I get home at the end of the week. Bear in mind it was a full week after they received the defective Telescope and I was still waiting for a response or confirmation that any replacement of any sort was being sent.

Gotvapes have great shipping times, great products (with the exception of the defective Telescope), and most of the time, the best customer service in the industry, but in the case of exchange, or warranties, things can be confused, and frustrating.

Deafcat64

Jun 8, 2011
West Virginia
Just another quick question Adrena. When exactly did I remotely "threaten" with an unsafe battery configuration? Aside from offering to give someone two nearly brand new batteries, I don't see a threat there. The Detonator mod I have on the way, if that's what you're referring to, is fully regulated, and protected.
Continuous Short Circuit Protection
Overcurrent Protection
Overload Protection
Overheat protection
3 amp limit
Its a safe, well made, box mod, much safer than the Telescope.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Nothing is ever perceived correctly when it starts out as a rant. That automatically gets every one in defense mode.
Sorry you got a less than perfect Telescope but seems to me that they have and are working with you to make the situation a little less hopeless. Starting out with "decent service, till you need it " is the farthest thing from the truth with these guys and a sure way to get peoples blood boiling. Because most of the regulars know these folks will bend over backwards at most times. In my opinion, too far. Over and over I see threads with "instant gratification" being the major complaint. Everything gets worked out, you just need to excercise a little patience and understanding. Every complaint, although clear in the posters mind is not always that clear with those who read it.

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
:offtopic: this isn't about gotvapes not ment to hurt any feeling or anything!!

I orders some stuff from hoosier ecig supply one of the items I got was not working right I called and was talking to Brent about it he said "I think you might of got one that a little defective. I will mail you a new one right now" I got the replacement one in 2 days and it worked great sent the messed up one back in a return envelope he sent with the replacement. then next day I got a second one in the mail lol. they sent me 2 replacements I called him and asked was I supposed to get a second battery in the mail? Because I already sent the bad one back. he was like you where sent 2 by mistake lol. so I sent it back.

the point is hoosier treated me very well and made sure I get the replacement super fast and the exchange went great.

I haven't been a vapor for to long and haven't bought from gotvapes but i'm almost sure from all the reviews I read thus far that even being a few days late on the warranty that they would of gotten you taken care of. dannoman works hard to take care of alot of people as fast as he can. I mean do you see all the post for got vapes here lol alot of people use that site. meaning there's alot to go through every day. you said you have bought from them a few times and haven't had a bad order. Don't you think its a little harsh to bash them for your first defective order lol. I mean it happens from time to time just about all of us have gotten a defective item one time or another. But from what I have seen alot of the vendors really go out of there way to help out there customers.

whats that the old timers say patience is a virtue.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Ok and congrats on your wedding...sorry for your experience on your Telescope. Overall its been one of our least worrisome mods as far as CS and tickets go...

I should be working up returns and the such today...

I am going to lock the thread, issue is resolved for deafcat.

Yeah Dan, I did find someone local who wanted the batteries. I gave them to her yesterday. Thanks for the reply. Got my new Detonator VV coming tomorrow, with 4, 14500 batteries. it will be waiting when I get home from my honeymoon. I really regret not going that route in the first place. Who would guess the Telescope would have such weak construction! The pictures and description had me fooled for sure! I may, in the future buy a Beast mod, basically a Detonator that uses 2, 18650s, but until then I don't need them.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread