Do I Give Up on GVs? NO! :) (Video on Supreme included in response) - admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaqt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
:(After atteming to mod the new Fluxo Supremes it was disaster after disaster. I received post from my fellow vapors on the forum and got lots of suggestions. After destroying the entire package from not being able to use them out of the box, ,,I had to find out why. This whole ticket thing is frustrating because I want to speak with Don or GVs personally, and not just get a suggestion every time I submit a ticket!
The last response from the folks at Gotvapes was to return them, at my expence, and they would send me a new box!

I got nothing to return because I destroyed all but the tube.
I have to speak with VPs personally to explain my dilemma.

PS gotvapes,,,call me if I can't call you!
PM me and I will give you my number please.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Yeah, I could never use a fluxo right out of the box and I also destroyed them from trying to mod them. I blamed myself since I knew while ordering that I'd probably need to do some modding.

The phoenix is probably way better than the fluxo and it seems to be perfect right out of the box for most people.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
OK, before I go on, I have to say this: I empathize. I haven't tried the new incarnation of the Fluxos, though I imagine, just from looking at them, that the main difference is in the cup seal. However, the first purchase I ever made from GV was the previous incarnation of this same carto, and, just like you, I ended up wasting a whole box of them. In fact, I threw them in the trash after fiddling with them. It didn't even occur to me to return them.

Later, after reading the forum and taking my time, I learned how to use them properly, and was very happy with them.

Now, I don't know if these would, or could, make you happy once you learn how to deal with them. If you hadn't destroyed them all, I'd have suggested something like this:

Take the white silicone plug (the one with the nipple pointing up) completely out. Fill the carto to just below the cup. Drop 1, and only 1, drop of juice onto the coil. Put your drip tip on. Let it sit vertically for five minutes or so.

Now you've stacked your deck. While holding it vertically (just in case the drip tip doesn't seal it properly), attach your battery. If you have a VV, set it to the lowest voltage appropriate for the resistance of your carto. Now, while still holding it vertically, vape. And see what happens. If it works ok, then you can start adjusting from there.

Anyway. Frankly, the GV folks can't know why your cartos didn't work. They may have been defenctive, or the problem might have been user error. Without looking at them, they can't really tell. That's why they have the policy of such limited warranty on the cartos - as does everyone else.

I wouldn't give up, if I were you. GV has some great products, and in my experience the customer service is exemplary. Not every product is a good fit for every vaper. For istance, I am still not in love with the bottom coils, even though I agree that the Phoenix is an outstanding example of the breed. If you really don't want to try another box of Fluxos, try the Phoenix - folks are loving it. And the top-coil Phoenix should be coming out shortly, too.

Try the ViVi. It works right out of the box. Try Vision Extremes - the Regular, the Stretch, and the Nano are extremely user friendly.

It's up to you, of course.

Cheers.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
I feel for you. Fluxo's were a major experiment. Used them from the first run of the Ce2. They werent out of the box ready through all of the revisions and still require fiddling currently. I would give up on them because they're not for you. There are other options GV has that will work out of the box. The Vision stone is great and they have the vivi nova which is very similar but I haven't tried it. I have used the ticket system and had a decent experience. As for getting replacements I think the ship back and then get replacement is the only way GV can do it, especially with cartomizers. Hopefully you can get in touch with them through the forum. They try their best to help.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
to make sure we move towards a more out of box experience with our products and as many can testify we are getting there, we did what many asked for and that is to get the fluxos with a easy fill system, many love it, some still say they need to fiddle, so we listen to all of you and already have something up our sleeves as always.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi imaqt - let me see if I can help you. The main thing with the new Fluxomizers was that, instead of using tiny syringe holes on the side of a cup seal they use slits on the side of the cup seal (similar to the Vision but the Fluxomizer seals are narrower, but still much easier to use one of our bottle applicator kits or a syringe and just insert down side of tube and fill instead of finding the syringe hole. Because you have a raised nipple area you can also drop directly down the side of the tube without much worry of juice overflowing down the center stem.).

As always you should vape more like a regular cigarette (as far as positioning your pv more horizontal to your mouth - even tip it up a little as you vape, this is soemthing I have always done). After every couple of vapes tip the carto down to get a through washing-over of the wicks and refresh of the coil for best results). If for some reason you get a 'toasty' taste to your vape or even a burnt vape do try to do a good tip. Otherwise, as some have found, you may need to remove the nipple and see if that seal was sitting too close to the coil and singe-ing any of that seal and if it appears so, try cutting out the inside of the seal where it rests against the coils to make sure that isn't happening. As a side note, I haven't had to do that myself.

If you have a hard time at first putting the drip tip on the unit, angle it in one side then push down as you push the other side in, it will slip right on and as you use it, that will loosen up, even on just the second time you have to seat it.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
yes, good point--a little juice lube makes it even easier to insert that tip...

nicely done sir you should do more vids lol
just wanted to add i have a habit of wetting my oring on the drip tip i think that helps it slide in too. little drip of juice or lick it or whatever ;) helps it slide right in...

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Well done Danno!

Is the new version really that hard to mod? I haven't tried the latest version (still working through several boxes of the previous version) but the ones I currently have I can fully mod within 30 seconds to a min using just a paperclip bent at the end.

Actually I never mod my ce2's as you can see in the video I did. I think people see all the modding info out there and assume they have to mod. But even if you do wind up doing a mod it is not MODDING, it is usually simple adjustments you do with any carto. Its very easy to pull the plug out and make adjustments if you deem it necessary - I don't!, normally :)

Last edited by a moderator:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
to the OP, this is your quote you placed in the negative review thread

""I will spread the word on how they treat there customers and what a negligent company they really are! They ripped me off and they will pay! I got 10 PMs from the vets stating exactly what they thought,,,Not Good! ""

this subject is now closed, we tried to help you in our forum, but that i will not tolerate, have a great day

this thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread