Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
A bit older, but still function...oh, you mean continental US State? Still in Texas, just further out in the country, but closer to the kids.

Old neighborhood was getting too crowded - if someone was coming from the other direction, one of us had to yield.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Old neighborhood was getting too crowded - if someone was coming from the other direction, one of us had to yield.

Have you considered Montana? With all the turnover there of late, I'd expect that the Duttons might be hiring. ;)

Better yet, entrepreneurship! :smokie:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    At issue is the dimming screen, which, IF I'm correct, indicates that it might need a new chip soon. Others know MUCH more than me in that regard though. Given it's form factor, I'd expect that it's a relatively easy mod (noun) to mod (verb). Not to be repetitive, of course

It probably means the OLED screen needs switched out. The issue with that is two-fold...

1) Can the right size replacement be found? My guess is yes but you'll have to do some measuring of current screen as well as pay attention to other aspects like how many contacts on the ribbon cable and how wide that cable is at the connection point. But there may be other things to be aware of that aren't exactly something the inexperienced would want to venture into.

2) Is the screen's ribbon cable attached to the board with connector/harness or is it soldered directly to the board? If with connector, it's an easy replacement for an ambitious newb. If soldered, it will be a tough task even for an ambitious newb.

So is the dagger what is needed for someone that still vapes at ~6.5w on Aspire bvc coils?

According to Kat's listed specs, the mod's wattage range is 5W to 80W. So yes, the mod is usable at 6.5W.

and what MTL tank would be a good fit?

It's a 510 mod so any 510 tank will screw into it. You likely won't find anything but a 510 tank anymore, save for some Provari tanks still floating around and the odd 808 tank that no one sells anymore. 100% of tanks introduced to the market after prolly 2012 are 510 threaded.

However a tank that is wider than 22m will overhang the front of the mod. That doesn't mean it won't work, it's just that it will be "unsightly" to some people. Any tank that takes a BVC (non-nautilus) coil will likely be 22mm or less.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    It probably means the OLED screen needs switched out. The issue with that is two-fold...

1) Can the right size replacement be found? My guess is yes but you'll have to do some measuring of current screen as well as pay attention to other aspects like how many contacts on the ribbon cable and how wide that cable is at the connection point. But there may be other things to be aware of that aren't exactly something the inexperienced would want to venture into.

2) Is the screen's ribbon cable attached to the board with connector/harness or is it soldered directly to the board? If with connector, it's an easy replacement for an ambitious newb. If soldered, it will be a tough task even for an ambitious newb.

According to Kat's listed specs, the mod's wattage range is 5W to 80W. So yes, the mod is usable at 6.5W.

It's a 510 mod so any 510 tank will screw into it. You likely won't find anything but a 510 tank anymore, save for some Provari tanks still floating around and the odd 808 tank that no one sells anymore. 100% of tanks introduced to the market after prolly 2012 are 510 threaded.

However a tank that is wider than 22m will overhang the front of the mod. That doesn't mean it won't work, it's just that it will be "unsightly" to some people. Any tank that takes a BVC (non-nautilus) coil will likely be 22mm or less.

THANKS, Unc! And I had told Kat I was pretty sure the chip needed to be replaced. Another reason why I'm NOT a modder. :blush: This is GREAT and VERY HELPFUL info!! :thumbs:

Regarding the overhang, that's always a big "NOPE!" for me. Skyscraper, yes; Muffintop, NO. :lol:

I forget the chip but it's the one Zen had planned to use when he made his version of one of the Provaris. Unfortunately, it never made it to market because the EVALI bottom dropped out. :mad::facepalm: It wasn't a well-known chip. The Dagger was one of the few mods (maybe the ONLY?) that used it.

The sites that still have it listed (OOS) show, "VO75" as the chip, but I thought it was called something else back when.

It's a nice mod. Mine is still functioning normally but Kat used hers a LOT more than I used mine.

The Christmas one was kinda fun.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Wow...that is alot of (very useful) information! Unfortunately, I don't think I have the soldiering skill or patience to repair/replace hardware, especially on something as small as these devices are.

"Patience and skill" are definitely not on MY list of personal attributes. ;)

1710642860951.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    I use the bvc coils with the billet bridge, so the tank would not overhang, but neither would it fit, since it was designed for the Billet Box boro tanks.

@Katdarling but one onto a mod once (there are photos!).

True story!!! :laugh:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    THANKS, Unc! And I had told Kat I was pretty sure the chip needed to be replaced. Another reason why I'm NOT a modder. :blush: This is GREAT and VERY HELPFUL info!! :thumbs:

Actually you could be right. It could be something about the chip. All the same, the inexperienced won't be able to fix it.

It's a nice mod. Mine is still functioning normally but Kat used hers a LOT more than I used mine.

Unfortunately OLED screens degrade with use and even in storage. Quality control isn't usually great on these cheap screens for any mod so one may last ages on one mod, while another might last only a couple years on another identical mod used for the same amount of time. It's a gamble

DF2Djfb.gif

Regarding the overhang, that's always a big "NOPE!" for me. Skyscraper, yes; Muffintop, NO.

Muffin top :lol:

xP93VQy.gif

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Just a bit of overhang...
    Was that one of mine???????????? I did detest muffin top and GAPOSIS.

Ok, dudes, and dudettes. I thought perhaps it was a simple screen replacement, but seems perhaps NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it is not.

Still up for grabs (make me an offer I can't refuse) for the modderites who can fix this baby up!

NOICE plates come with it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Rating - 100%
    126   0   0

Users who are viewing this thread