EU Custom law in Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi guys, i just realize that most of e-liquid that available in Netherlands (at least the online shop) only sells in 10ml bottle, or "DIY mix) with 50ml bottle. Is it allowed to import bigger quantity liquid (let say about 60 - 120ml in one bottle) from other country?
Hi,
TPD2 is in effect.
Max bottle size of nicotine containing liquid = 10ml
Max nicotine strength = ~18mg/ml

If the 60-120ml bottle is "0" nicotine, you should have no issues.
If it contains nicotine, it may be confiscated by Customs.

HTH
I

KIOS3R

Mar 26, 2012
Indonesia
Hi,
TPD2 is in effect.
Max bottle size of nicotine containing liquid = 10ml
Max nicotine strength = ~18mg/ml

If the 60-120ml bottle is "0" nicotine, you should have no issues.
If it contains nicotine, it may be confiscated by Customs.

HTH
I

Oh god im doomed T_T
btw thank you Izan for the clarification, i really appreciate it

P.S.
btw what about handcarry? im planning to go abroad but i might have to stay in Netherlands for couple days (and yes i might carry tons of e-liquid from another country)

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Oh god im doomed T_T
btw thank you Izan for the clarification, i really appreciate it

P.S.
btw what about handcarry? im planning to go abroad but i might have to stay in Netherlands for couple days (and yes i might carry tons of e-liquid from another country)

Personal use limits vary...
If you are staying in the country, you and your luggage will need to be processed by customs.
You may get lucky and be allowed to pass with no inspection or you may get the full inspection.
Subterfuge and obfuscation may be required. Perhaps you could ship the "food flavouring" instead of carrying it?

Best of luck
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Does the TPD actually prevent possession for personal use? Or does it only prevent sale?
Well... Each member nation gets to decide how it will implement the TPD.

Only the sale and/or importation are controlled. Possession is not an offense unless you are offering the product for sale.
While a person may be able to take a few "unlabeled" or "mislabeled" bottles in a shaving kit or with toiletries, multiple 60-120ml bottles, with retail labels in your checked baggage may certainly draw unwanted attention.
If they are "salesman's samples" you will still need to prove that.
Labels that state "Poison, toxic or have a skull and cross bones" are presumed to contain dangerous substances and will NOT be permitted on a flight, carry-on nor checked.

IMO: In the end, it is all about TAX/VAT/£€$.

I was shipped 2 liters of "VG based massage oil" to my address in Spain from a private party in the US.
I had to provide an invoice so that I could be charged another €70 on top of the $85 I paid for the product and shipping.
Had it been 2 liters of 100mg/ml base, it would have been confiscated and destroyed.

HTH
I

KIOS3R

Mar 26, 2012
Indonesia
hmm im not sure if i can "ship" it, since right now Indonesia has "similar" law.
everytime i imported an e-liquid, they will take about half bottle of it "for lab testing purpose", and the funny part is that they only take the fruity flavor, specially the peach one -_-

and i dont really mind if i have to pay the tax as long as the Dutch custom will allow me to bring my liquid with me.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Well... Each member nation gets to decide how it will implement the TPD.

I vote for "poorly".

hmm im not sure if i can "ship" it, since right now Indonesia has "similar" law.
everytime i imported an e-liquid, they will take about half bottle of it "for lab testing purpose", and the funny part is that they only take the fruity flavor, specially the peach one -_-

and i dont really mind if i have to pay the tax as long as the Dutch custom will allow me to bring my liquid with me.

Yeah, testing purposes, that's the ticket.

marianna

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
Netherlands
Does the TPD actually prevent possession for personal use? Or does it only prevent sale?

This law prevents a shop to sell a lot of things, but selling by a 'normal' person (= without-a-shop) is not forbidden.
In the EU the DIY-types vape as we were used to before all those TPD's that regulate ready to vape e-liquids. So we buy PG, VG, PG/VG + flavors + nic boosters upto 20mg/ml.

Benzoboss

Aug 10, 2018
Im afraid that ive bad news for u!!

Veelgestelde vragen elektronische dampwaar en de Tabaks- en rookwarenwet

Is het toegestaan om vloeistof, voor het navullen van een elektronische sigaret, in navulverpakkingen groter dan 10 ml in de handel te brengen?
Nee, dat is niet toegestaan. Vloeistof bestemd voor het navullen van elektronische sigaretten mag alleen in navulverpakkingen van ten hoogste 10 ml in de handel worden gebracht. Dit geldt ook voor (nicotinehoudende) vloeistoffen die in het kader van “Do It Yourself”(DIY) e-liquids worden aangeboden. Die vloeistoffen worden namelijk aangeboden voor het navullen van elektronische sigaretten.

Vallen losse aroma’s en andere grondstoffen als PG (propyleenglycol) ook onder de Tabaks- en rookwarenwet?
Ja, wanneer deze producten worden aangeboden ten behoeve van het navullen van elektronische dampwaar, dan vallen ze onder de werkingssfeer van de Tabaks- en rookwarenwet. Deze producten moeten dan voldoen aan de samenstelling- en verpakkingseisen en vallen ook onder het reclameverbod

A costum dutch law that makes it so that every liquid intened to be vaped cant be sold in bottles larger than 10ml.
Not pg/vg aromas nothing
This is just gonna make it harder for people to quit specialy poorer people.

• Optimistic

Benzoboss

Aug 10, 2018

Is het toegestaan om vloeistof, voor het navullen van een elektronische sigaret, in navulverpakkingen groter dan 10 ml in de handel te brengen?
Nee, dat is niet toegestaan. Vloeistof bestemd voor het navullen van elektronische sigaretten mag alleen in navulverpakkingen van ten hoogste 10 ml in de handel worden gebracht. Dit geldt ook voor (nicotinehoudende) vloeistoffen die in het kader van “Do It Yourself”(DIY) e-liquids worden aangeboden. Die vloeistoffen worden namelijk aangeboden voor het navullen van elektronische sigaretten.

Vallen losse aroma’s en andere grondstoffen als PG (propyleenglycol) ook onder de Tabaks- en rookwarenwet?
Ja, wanneer deze producten worden aangeboden ten behoeve van het navullen van elektronische dampwaar, dan vallen ze onder de werkingssfeer van de Tabaks- en rookwarenwet. Deze producten moeten dan voldoen aan de samenstelling- en verpakkingseisen en vallen ook onder het reclameverbod

A costum dutch law that makes it so that every liquid intened to be vaped cant be sold in bottles larger than 10ml.
Not pg/vg aromas nothing
Ive a vaping budget of about 80€ a month and i barely make it w my 20ml a day lol.
Even w diy.
Imagine just starting to vape and not knowing wgere to get your pg/vg for a good price lol.
Tgat 20ml a day coild end up costing 5€

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ive a vaping budget of about 80€ a month and i barely make it w my 20ml a day lol.
Even w diy.
Imagine just starting to vape and not knowing wgere to get your pg/vg for a good price lol.
Tgat 20ml a day coild end up costing 5€

5€ a day is still less expensive than smoking one pack a day at €7. If you can afford to smoke, you can afford to vape.
TPD is/was about tax (tobacco products). It was never about saving lives or public health.

Adapt, overcome.
I

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England

Not pg/vg aromas nothing

In the UK it is just the selling of liquid containing nic which can't be sold in bigger bottles than 10ml which is why shortfills with nic shots are popular. It's only for the selling of so in my possession i can have 500ml e-liquid at 36mg strength if i so wish (not that i would as i actually vape only 3mg). It's all over the place in the UK because the 2ml tank capacity part of the TPD was our contribution towards it but the latest cross-party parliamentary reports have come out strongly in favour of vaping and within those reports have stated the TPD regulations are not based on any scientific proof and it needs looking at again, it basically says we will be scraping the TPD regulations post brexit and vaping should not be put into the same pot as smoking, they are even discussing things like allowing vaping on public transport etc (they basically want to go down the route of making vaping attractive to smokers). I have had e-liquids sent from abroad to review, quite a few have been large bottles containing nicotine and the only issue i had was when it was a lot of bottles they wanted duty they didn't seem the slightest bit interested that they were against TPD regulations. Problem is the TPD is implemented differently in each member state has there will be countries that think the TPD is a mistake and there MEP's possibly voted against it but it's forced on them by being in the EU. It's this sort of undemocratic thing that is why Brits voted for Brexit as laws and regulation are not made based on what the people of a country wants but made based on what other countries want. I should have laws and regulations i have to follow made by British MP's and then if it's against the people's wishes we can vote them out, that's democracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread