Contest! Sweet Vapes wood mods! Drip on Demand! Copper Creek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Alright.. time for a new contest. This runs from now until September 18th and is open to residents of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the European Union. As far as I'm concerned it's also open to mods, bloggers, etc. so long as they don't commit acts of skulduggery.

There are three tiers of prizes and three different ways to enter:

TWO Sweet Vapes wood mods!

FOUR Drip on Demand systems! (Guest appearance from Vermillion River!)

SIX 15ml bottles of Copper Creek nicquids!

Two Grand Prizes (Sweet Vapes)
For the best vendor-neutral vaping related graphical signature banner, avatar, website badge, etc. that promotes tobacco harm reduction. Entries must be posted as thread content and not just your own avatar or signature. You should expect other people will use them if they like them so don't "self brand" by default please. And don't blatantly steal from other entries!! You may incorporate CASAA and ECCA but must respect their Copyright & terms. Likewise all entries will be expected to be of original or attributed works and be released under this Creative Commons license. I will choose two winners and reserve the right to query the thread for opinions. A coin-flip will decide if you get either a custom Sweet Vapes mini-GRIP or the new “production” Sweet Vapes mod. Three entries per person maximum which will include any revisions of your ideas per Second Prize input below. Each entry can (but is not required to) include multiple media elements (e.g. one banner, one website badge, one avatar, etc.)

EDIT: Because so many people w/o GIMP or PhotoShop or any graphics meddling experience are wanting to give it a try and are worries about entries I'm changing it to Six entries per person.

Four Second Prizes (Drip on Demand)
For the best brain-storming and commentary posts during this thread. For those not graphically inclined you can enter by just participating in this thread. Consideration will also be given to those that participate in opposition of POPVOX S.1403 and mirror their POPVOX comment here (PLEASE read the CASAA Call to Action on S.1403 FIRST!!). Comment on the entires, provide concept suggestions, etc. The single comments that best result in other people acting, revising designs, etc. win. This one will be dually determined by myself and the number of “like” votes on your post. Obvious spam will be discarded before choosing the winners. You can read about my first DoD experience to see what you're missing. Oh yeah.. and you'll also get a sample bottle of the new (and yet unnamed) Vermillion River Buttered Rum nicquid.

Six Third Prizes (Copper Creek)
For every “like” on this thread that doesn't appear to be blanket liking, you get an entry. I will then use some scripting to randomly choose the winners! Winners will get to choose their Copper Creek 15ml flavors and options.

You can enter in all three categories but can only win in one. If you are selected for a Grand Prize you will be removed from the pool downward, selected for Second Prize likewise, ..

The fine print: Where legally restricted I will only be sending 0mg/ml strength nicquids. Import duties on the receiving end are the responsibility of the winner. This is a “Best Effort” contest of out of my pocket so replacements or cancellations for any reason are at my discretion. The DoD systems will be bought through MadVapes by me and re-shipped to the winners. Same w/ the Copper Creek. The Sweet Vapes offerings will be paid for at base price up-front to Brad Gruss but further customizations or options are the responsibility of the winner. Also, if there is a queue (like Sweet Vapes) or back-orders from any participating vendor, the winners have to wait like regular customers. Winners will be chosen within seven days of contest end, notified via PM, and in-thread. Etc. Etc. w/ the regular non-endorsed no-guarantees ECF bits.

As before, this is funded by me and without the encouragement (just permission) of the selected vendors. I am not given freebies to endorse or include these vendors. I've used their products, like their gear, and like ECF.. so play nice, no conspiracy theories, and look for similar contests featuring other vendors in the future (hint: Liberty and Piracy and Oh My!!).

Ask any questions in thread and......... GO! -Magnus

EDIT: The Third Prize is an entry per "like" ~given~ to other posts in the thread. As long as you're not obviously liking everything. For the Grand Prize I did not specify dimensions because you can submit website banners, badges, etc. However, if you're going for ECF usable signatures then 400x65 is the ECF specified dimension.

Last edited:

Codyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Northen Michigan (TC) USA
2ainfns.jpg
first try. Mainly working out wording.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Since I am graphically challanged, and commentairally challenged, I guess I am going for third prize. So I need a boat load of "likes".

So if everybody would "like" me, I would like that.

You just did Enter for Second Prize though. :D

Third Prize "like" entries aren't for likes you get, it's for liking things in the thread. As long as you don't like everything or there-abouts as obvious entry harvesting.

-Magnus

edit: If I "like" my own post, does that enter me in two categories?

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Since I am graphically challanged, and commentairally challenged, I guess I am going for third prize. So I need a boat load of "likes".

So if everybody would "like" me, I would like that.

You just did Enter for Second Prize though. :D

Third Prize "like" entries aren't for likes you get, it's for liking things in the thread. As long as you don't like everything or there-abouts as obvious entry harvesting.

-Magnus

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
My first try at this... Hope it works

My apologizes if this is not allowed and it is not an entry, however I just wanted to publicly Thank "BryanL" for his entry since I can now see where I can also try to create a banner for this and other contest . . . SO - "BryanL" - THANKS ! ! ! ! :)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
My apologizes if this is not allowed and it is not an entry, however I just wanted to publicly Thank "BryanL" for his entry since I can now see where I can also try to create a banner for this and other contest . . . SO - "BryanL" - THANKS ! ! ! ! :)

Here is another site you can use and you won't get their ad on it!! :2cool:

BannerFans - Free Banner Maker

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Here is another site you can use and you won't get their ad on it!! :2cool:

BannerFans - Free Banner Maker

GEES - THANK YOU ! ! ! ! - once again - "Spacekitty" :). . . YOU always seem to have the information and just the "right" suggest to help someone out . . . Without a doubt, you're a special kind of Kitty - MEOW ! ! ! ;) With "BryanL" and your post - now everyone has a chance to enter this contest - how unselfish & generous . . .:thumbs: "KUDOS" are well deserved . . .

Last edited:

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
I need help figuring out Adobe Photoshop for a Mac, can anyone help?

I can try to help you, Pam. Only difference in PS Mac and PC is the shortcuts, i.e. cmd>+ as opposed to ctl>+ to magnify image. You are welcome to PM me with your questions but although I have both PS PC and Mac, I certainly don't know nearly enuff on the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread