On Safari for the Ultimate Starter's Kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
NAE:

Bump!

What the heck am I doing up for? lol I was looking at the prize list again and my eyes were all crossed and I read "All T-Shirts are 808 threaded devices". Well at least they have a good thread count!

(This was at 3am after I fell asleep in my computer chair for a couple hours for the first time ever lol).

Last edited:

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
After the random.org draws were completed, we have a winner!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MIDWESTMOM!

The winning post:

Day 2~

Dawn was just breaking on the horizon as I crouched near the watering hole about a mile from base camp... we'd been here for 2 weeks barely any sightings so far... I filled the water purifyer tanks and hefted them back onto the back of the jeep before looking out at the horizon once more the sun inching it's way upwards.. the glorious brilliance a beacon of hope to some... every time it rises it is breath taking ... bathing the world in the warmth of it's liquid golden hues. bringing light to the deepest soul upon seeing it's rising...

I smiled ... pulling out my camera and snapping a couple of stills... crouching back down to get a couple of more interesting angles as I watched a few of the morning risers lap at the pool of clear water in the early morning light... thinking of how beautiful every thing was... a frog splashing into the water next to me, I remember that so clearly because I frowned and pulled my bandana off my head to wipe the lens clear from any water drops... adjusting the aperature to get the best picture in the mornings light...

thats when it happened... I barely noticed it at first a silent predator stalking through the grasses ... something catching my eyes just in the corner you know... where the lights play tricks on you ... the sleek beauty of gold orange and black stripes suddenly pouncing out and belly flopping into the pool just across from me... cauusing waves and ripples as the sleek beast plunged into the water... he couldn't have seen me as a threat... crouched there clutching my camera knuckles going wite as I was struck by the awe and beauty of the tiger playing about in the water... it was hard to swallow my breath caught still within my chest ... a stray wind catching a long strand of my hair blowing it into my amazed blue gaze , water rippling against the tips of my boots... as I reached up to brush the hair back I could feel the grit upon my hand where I'd rested it upon the ground for a moment catching myself...

my CAMERA... yes ... fumbling quickly hoping the beauty wouldn't be startled away,,, I started clicking away the best pictures of my life... I'd saved for years hoping I'd have just the barest glance at such a majestic beast never in my life thinking I'd be spending my morning watching one playing about like a kitten in a toy house...

the strength of the muscles so evident beneath the fur and flesh... the water streaming from his tail as he slinked to the banks and flopped to one side... looking so pleased with himself... he reminded me of my treasured companions so I blessed him with the same name as one...

"that's it boy smile for the camera... goood TJ" ....

Best Trip EVER

((dedicated to my mom who's beaten breast cancer and ovarian cancer... one of the strongest women I've ever met I love you mom))

Thank you all again for participating in this charity awareness contest for Big Cat Rescue! I hope you all enjoyed the entries and stories as much as I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread