Condom method? Taryn spin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mle

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Colorado
I'm a little confused about the condom method - I read a post that said fill it from the mouthpiece end, but watched a vid that showed the carto being filled from the threaded end. Does it work either way? Is one way better?
Also, what is the taryn spin? I've noticed it mentioned a few times, but couldn't find an actual explanation of the process.
Help a newbie out - pretty please? :confused:

kenmhall1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
OKC
Condom fill method is a little wasteful/messy to me - and as for your question, either way would work...I prefer popping the mouthpiece end, holding the carto at a 45* angle, and dripping onto the side just above the filler material...the juice will run down the side into the filler...do about 10 drops (slowly so they all soak in) and start to turn it slowly till you've made it all the way around again with about 20 drops total...hold the battery connector end away from you and give it a couple good flicks to force the juice into the filler, do a few more drops and repeat :)

The taryn spin is basically a method of spinning the carto to force the juice into the filler for the same effect as flicking it...

Good luck...
Ken

venkman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
the flick is great. i call it the thermometer shake (i think i heard that from someone else). I'm able to get probably 30 drops in a regular 808 carto this way. Of course, different droppers yield different sized drops. But, this method seems to really get the juice in there without leaving any dry patches.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I did it months ago. That little "tube" in the middle of the typical RN4081 style cartomizer is actually 2 pieces and doesn't actually have full contact around the coil. I crammed the core over the coil and tried it anyway...ya....the carto worked better "as intended"...LOL.

Also, for anyone thinking of trying blue foam as a filler replacement in this style cartomizer....bleah.

mle

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Colorado
JonnyVapΣ;2157302 said:
I did it months ago. That little "tube" in the middle of the typical RN4081 style cartomizer is actually 2 pieces and doesn't actually have full contact around the coil. I crammed the core over the coil and tried it anyway...ya....the carto worked better "as intended"...LOL.

Hmmm... I'll probably try it anyways just because I'm stubborn and have to learn the hard way =) Maybe it works better with a 808 carto? Thanks for the warning though.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I just tried ken's flick method from looking at this post. I had never heard of it until now. Works GREAT! I had no idea these things could hold so much liquid!

Yeah. I've been working at filling this sucker for a while now (Bauway mega carto). I swear I've put about 50ml* in it, and it just keeps sucking it in. I stopped counting drops. I swear there is a black hole stuck in it.

*Actual amount exaggerated for dramatization. LOL

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I use the condom method, and whatever's leftover, or threatening to spill out, gets pulled out with a syringe and injected back into the bottle. My room looks like a chemist's lab, now!

If you insist on using the messy condom method (instead of just dripping directly into the filler, which is so much quicker, and then you'll know how many drops a empty carto takes when refilling and when filling new cartos), you can just pour the remaining juice in the condom back into the bottle. You don't need to use a syringe to put it back into the bottle. Pour and squeeze while pouring. Then clean up all the mess that comes with the condom method.

If anyone does decide to use the much quicker and less messy direct drip method, you can just blow lightly into the mouth end, and that will help the juice drain quicker into the filler, but letting the carto sit threaded end down for a few seconds will work fine, too.

For Boge 510 and KR808D-1 cartos:

When refilling, if you didn't vape the carto completely dry, it should take 12 to 18 drips by dripping directly into the filler, while holding the carto at a 45-degree angle. When filling new cartos, it should take 24 to 30 drips. If you overfill, just blow through the mouth end to remove the excess juice until it quits gurgling.

These are friendly tips that took me about three weeks to learn after I started vaping. I'm saving so much time now by not messing around with the condom method, taryn spins, overfilling, cleaning up messes, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread