Coffee MAOIs suitable for vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan
I stumbled across this paper a few days ago: Monoamine oxidase (MAO) enzyme inhibition in human coffee drinkers. Apparently coffee contains MAOIs similar to those found in tobacco (smoke?).

FWIW - my coffee consumption has gone from ~6 cups/day when smoking (almost a year ago) down to one cup/day, first thing in the morning, for at least the last 6 months, from which I conclude that I'm not personally in need of the MAOIs (or at least not the ones found in tobacco & coffee).

OTOH - for those that think they benefit from MAOIs, what is the likelihood that they could be had in useful quantities from coffee grounds or even instant coffee?

For me it's a matter of idle curiosity but for others it might be a useful idea.
Good luck

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I stumbled across this paper a few days ago: Monoamine oxidase (MAO) enzyme inhibition in human coffee drinkers. Apparently coffee contains MAOIs similar to those found in tobacco (smoke?).

FWIW - my coffee consumption has gone from ~6 cups/day when smoking (almost a year ago) down to one cup/day, first thing in the morning, for at least the last 6 months, from which I conclude that I'm not personally in need of the MAOIs (or at least not the ones found in tobacco & coffee).

OTOH - for those that think they benefit from MAOIs, what is the likelihood that they could be had in useful quantities from coffee grounds or even instant coffee?

For me it's a matter of idle curiosity but for others it might be a useful idea.
Good luck
I noticed that too. I only drink 1 cup in the morning now. I wonder if vaping has anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread