• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Closest thing to a real cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reece86

Feb 19, 2010
Australia
Hi. I'm a pack of 30 a day smoker at the moment. it costs me around $43 a day to smoke. I'm looking at switching to vaping nicotine. what are my best starting options to buy the juice and a starter pack.. I'm looking to make it an easy transfer to vaping so I will be looking for the closest experience in taste to a real cigarette. also what is the averages a day/week/month so you spend on vaping compared to real cigarettes? cheers guys

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
For some people, Trying to Find the perfect "Real Cigarette Taste" can be Very Difficult. And can Involve a Lot of Trial n' Error. So Instead, they go with Non-Tobacco flavors like Fruit or Dessert flavor.

Believe it of Not, but Many say that Unflavored is a good approximation as to the Taste of Cigarettes.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
To be honest, I've been vaping for 10 years and am rather 'old school' in my preferences. I'm not a 'cloud chaser', I just want it to be like smoking.

I get my stuff from Vapor 4 Life in the US, not the cheapest option to be sure. I started with the Vapor Titan then progressed to a Vapor Zeus + Smileomizers. I use these because you can get draw activated (you don't need to press a button) and it gives me the feeling of having a 'drag', which I haven't found with other types. There are draw activated units around now, and I personally recommend them to give a more realistic smoking feel.

Personally I've tried other systems but they didn't work for me, I felt like I was drinking the juice because I suck hard.

I vape a menthol tobacco blend, I've found the Juice Factory good for premixed concentrates that you add to your base liquid mixed with your preferred level of nicotine. Works for me. Finding a tobacco taste can be hard. If you've got the money, V4L make a real tobacco juice which you can buy in different nic levels. They don't sell concentrates, so it is expensive depending on the US-AUD exchange rate.

Personally I have found that Australian premixed juices are far too sweet for my taste, partly because they use a higher Vegetable Glycol to Propylene Glycol ratio. Perhaps that is why so many Aussies like the fruit & bakery flavours.

I suspect vaping unflavoured liquid works best if you use a higher nicotine content, because otherwise I don't understand where the 'hit' is coming from. I vape low nicotine levels, so I need the flavour to help with that smoking taste.

I'm not affiliated with V4L in any way, I've just found them & their products give me what I need.

I really couldn't say what it costs me a month to vape. Way less than $43 per day, though, that's for sure!

Good luck in your vaping journey.

Last edited:

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread