Obligatory link to old thread:
Catfish Atty Mods Chapter 3

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Memo to all Catfish officianados: Over the last few weeks business and life necessities have spiked. As most of you are aware I have no helpers, no employees I'm just one guy trying to balance the support of about 500 bottom feeding customers, the needs of an incredibly athletic 14 year old boy, and keeping myself alive long enough to see him graduate. Plain and simple each LBC I produce takes about 3 hours start to finish, each atty takes from 10 minutes to an hour is some extreme cases. Please understand that while I do try to keep up with everything I am human and more accurately just 1 human at that I have other responsibilities that must be attended to. Most of the time I will sacrifice sleep to keep everyone happy but at times even not sleeping for days on end still isn't enough. Please bear with me and please understand that if I do seem a little harsh at times it's simply because I'm exausted and don't have the energy or inclination to remain politically correct.

Btw: This post is not directed towards anyone in particular. I love you all and completely understand you have lives away from bottom feeding, more often than not; I don't.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
I got my LBC late Tuesday evening. I had a chance to play around with it, and EScribe, a little last night. Pretty cool stuff. :)

It's quite a bit different in hand than what I'm used to, but the vape is really nice. Very solid unit. Looks great too. :thumb:

jLwXymZl.jpg

BJMEAFhl.jpg

FMQ2MsUl.jpg

tSUS53jl.jpg

Thanks, Tom. :toast:

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    There was that... IMO we have gotten past that I believe. I have spoken to him a few times since then and I have even "borrowed" a few of his videos to introduce concepts of attys. Mark is alright in my book.
    Take me now ya sweet talking devil :D

Admire you keeping it in house though fella, look after those that have supported you along the way, like that :)

Sent from my F5 using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    PROJECT DNA75

Well; I went and made a dna75 squonker prototype that I'm mostly happy with. I'm going to wire and plate it tonight and give it a spin.
    Specs so far:
    Dna75
    Full size squonk bottle
    Will accept the silicone 10ml sunbox bottle
    Same 510 as the LBC final edition
    Max amps custom 1850 mah/100c battery (that means 185amps at 3.7v)(no battery sag even at 75watts)
    Should have 2/3s of the life of the LBC and a much smaller package
    Massive squonk hole
    Carbon fiber for days
    Approximately 40mm wide x 30mm deep and 90mm tall. Think e8 or Reo grand sized but 5-6mm deeper.
    After testing it will need to go see Harry to be prettied up and rounded out if the performance and useability are there; if not back to the mill.

In comparison the LBC is 52.5 x 25 x 100mm.
    I hope to have pics up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just got a new toy today....
    image.jpeg

Just so I can make the 510 guts, all the bells and whistles and I'm hoping it comes in handy for attys as well, I'm betting it makes custom pins a lot faster. It's my first time using a lathe so it will be a steep learning curve but I'm ready.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    In regards to stumpys:

To initiate another run of Stumpys I would need to commit to atleast 200 pieces. I would have them done 75% black and 25% plain SS. How many would YOU commit to? I would also be open to other color ideas as well.
    1. Beez0527 (Blk)
    2. Beez0527 (Blk)
    3. distortoblotto (Blk)
    4. distortoblotto ( Blk)
    5. distortoblotto ( brass)
    6. distortoblotto ( brass)
    7. distortoblotto ( brass)
    8. LittleBird (Blk)
    9. LittleBird (Blk)
    10. LittleBird (SS)
    11.bigTRAV710 (BLK)
    12. ghola1was (Blk)
    13. Irish Messing (SS)
    14. Irish Messing (SS)
    15. Irish Messing (Blk)
    16. Drillerrt (BLK)
    17. Drillerrt (BLK)
    18. AU717
    19. AU717

And while we are at it, any word on the Stumpy II?
    (Tom, delete if I'm pushing my luck! :))

Stumpy II (Just to gauge interest)
    1. LittleBird
    2. LittleBird
    3. LittleBird
    4.bigTRAV710
    5. ghola1was
    6. AU717
    7. inspects
    8. inspects
    9. inspects
    10. inspects
    I'm not going to go so far as to prohibit the Proposed stumpy2 list but please realize these will be available in mass when they are released.

I'm actually considering selling them direct through Harry site. This helps everyone. More payment options for you, less shipping drama for me, more traffic for Harry. The only down side is I lose a few dollars but save a few headaches in the process. Sound good? I might do,the same thing with the Maker. I realize this would entice these companies to make their own BF versions eventually but I'm ok with that. Remember my original mission from the very beginning? My goal is to maximize the options that you have available to YOU, that will never change. I never got into,this to get Rich... I started this because I couldn't pay $125 for a cyclone w/afc any longer and wanted better options readily available. It would seem I/we have had a huge impact on the once underground backroom industry that we lead currently. Other companies profit from my creativity and I'm ok with that, I just wish Catfish and my ECF family would get just a little credit/recognition for our efforts. Element, Maker, and praxis did just that and I'm proud to be a part of those relationships and will never, ever do clones of their work. (To clarify a statement I made yesterday).

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well Tom :facepalm: Hopefully doing better now! ;)

I'm good... I took a few days off however. I'm working on a Dna75 bottom feeder in Stabilized wood. Here's what I have so far.

Think Maximo meets bottom fed meets dna75 and battery life. Not shown, stainless steel "C" plate that covers the top, bottom and bezel.

Not bad?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just remember between the three lists it's almost 100 attys. That's a lot of pins. A little behind the scenes info: About 2 months ago when I was doing the Drifter run of 40 I was feeling a little cocky so I sent Hoberto a Catfish atty mods bottom fed Drifter on the house just 'cause I can... He busted my chops about my pin not being silky smooth on the bottom, telling me that that could cause a problem... I knew it was mostly bs but I took it as a suggestion, so no more fresh off the mill or lathe finishes on 510 pins. Now they will all be ground and polished like the Narda.

Overkill, I know but it looks a lot better than most of the attys I have done previously.

Hoberto did take a lesson from me also (which impressed me) the Squonk hole on the Drifter is almost as big as my Authentic Narda big bore pins. The stock Narda/Hobo pin is a #59 which is way to small IMO and will cause hard squonking and crappy drainage (read: it will leak and dry hit frequently) now he is using a #54 which is on the bottom end of acceptable but sufficient. Mine are #53s just like the Narda clone.
    Remember the smaller the number the bigger the hole, 1/16" is right in between #53 and #54.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm assuming then it is listed on the 528 Customs site just to satisfy the 8/8 BS? (listed as out of stock)
    I'm assuming then it is listed on the 528 Customs site just to satisfy the 8/8 BS? (listed as out of stock)

Nope...They were in stock when I ordered them. I assume they have sold out after I ordered them. I will keep you posted as to when they ship. As to the FDA's oversight I couldn't care less. I will do what I do until I get a fine and go to court and fight it and lose, then we go to the email list. PayPal will be shut down.... Been there done that.... Google wallet will be shut down for ecig stuff; fought that battle also. As I see it the bs that I/ we have been through was a training excercise for 8/8. We have already adapted to not having what they are going to be able to control. EF PayPal, eff Google wallet and eff the FDA. If Zuckerburg is going to fold like a cheap suit Eff him too. ECF is my home and will be until the lights go out.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY

Direct YouTube Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCkuAC6Pz1U

Note that the volume is screwy by mistake so some segments are much louder than others...sorry, you may have to fiddle with your volume a time or two. You also may feel a strong, burning desire to fiddle with a Maker after watching this vid :D

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    • Deleted by Unforeseen
    • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2013
    I won't be doing anymore nardas. You are most welcome to run with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Thank you man... Now that's how it's done. Put your hands together for one of the most honorable suppliers on all of ECF. Much love Roscoe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread