Cleaning ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
McAllen, TX
I'm sure there are many threads although my search skills are lacking.

I've read that you are to use 99% Alcohol to clean both firing pin and battery contact. I've also heard about noalox or something like that for the threads although I have no idea where to find either.

I've searched google and I still cannot find any local places to pick up the 99% Alcohol.

I appreciate any assistance you all can provide on where I can find both of these items locally. I do not want to have to order online. I live in South Texas and need some direction on where to go for these items.

Also a walkthrough on what I'm supposed to do to get my ProVari clean would be awesome!

Thanks!

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
Personally, I use your basic rubbing alcohol to clean mine. Noalox can be found very cheaply at Home Depot. It lasts a long time and it's great for keeping the threads lubricated so you don't strip the threads. Not something you want to do. Also, check vendors online to find a 510 to eGo adapter for clearomizers that thread larger, i.e., Kanger T3s, etc.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You can get Noalox at a Home Depot or similar store. They may not know what it is...but they have it. Tiny little tube will last forever, cause you just put a TINY bit on the bottom cap threads - like a dab, then wipe it around, or even wipe it off. It's basically a lubrication that helps conductivity.

And here's your 99% Alcohol, on Amazon!

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
I bought my Noalox at home depot and the Home Depot Android app even told me what Isle Noalox was located in at my local store. I found mine in the electrical section where the pliers, meters, zipties wire nuts etc were located. I bought the big bottle for $6 an see it will last me for years. Actually.... I think if I applied everyday the bottle would still last for years LOL.

I need to order the alcohol, kicking self in .... for not ordering from provape (out of convenience) when I ordered my ring the other day. I assumed it was an easy item to find in store locally.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
For 99% alcohol get Everclear which is available in most liquor stores. It is basically moon shine. You can also use something like Absolut Vodka which also works well. I keep a 5th of Everclear on hand just for cleaning equipment be it e-cig stuff or reloading equipment. Rubbing alcohol will also work well but that can't be drank.

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I got my 99.9% isopropyl from Amazon. As well as long Q-Tips. As for the NoAlOx, I have a lifetime supply of No-Ox-Id I will probably use instead. But that was a perk from my last job, and not something easily available

Mmmm, Cosmoline!
Does it have that smell?
I love that ....!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I just bought the maintenance kit from Provape. I didn't think I'd be needing such huge amounts of supplies (hope I am not wrong) and by the time I would have bought it all at Amazon it was 3 times the cost of the kit, even though I didn't have to pay for shipping. Maybe a learning curve. We shall see. :unsure:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
No, you're good.
You don't use much of this stuff. My little 1/2 oz. tube of noalox and pint of 99% are probably lifetime supplies.
If you get free shipping with Amazon (Prime, or just ordering stuff all at once), then it's a cheap way to go.

I just bought the maintenance kit from Provape. I didn't think I'd be needing such huge amounts of supplies (hope I am not wrong) and by the time I would have bought it all at Amazon it was 3 times the cost of the kit, even though I didn't have to pay for shipping. Maybe a learning curve. We shall see. :unsure:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
No, you're good.
You don't use much of this stuff. My little 1/2 oz. tube of noalox and pint of 99% are probably lifetime supplies.
If you get free shipping with Amazon (Prime, or just ordering stuff all at once), then it's a cheap way to go.

Same. I've got four V2's so the cleaning kit wouldn't even cover one of my sessions (about every two weeks). The kit route would end up costing me MUCH more.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Found 99% isopropyl at our local FRed Meyers Grocery type store, turns out the long q-tips is what is hard to find in town here but i can make that happen easily by improvising. This Thread initiated me to clean the Provari weekly now, i knew of the cleaning ritual before hand but let it slip my mind. Mind is now Programmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread