• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Chinese Suppliers Bad-Mouthing FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
The Supreme Court seems to disagree with me though.
AG - Hey! Why Isn't That Price Fixing? The Real Story of Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices

Same guys/gals that think corporations are people too. :/

I wan't aware The Supreme Court ruled on that. I knew a lower federal court ruled the same thing in either late 2006 or early 2007.

A few riders to that (to my understanding) -

If a company legally acquires a product without making an agreement with the manufacturer it can sell that product for whatever price they want. An example would be the way Big Lots and Overstock.com acquire their stock. If the original company buys the inventory of a business that is closing or the overstock of a business the original agreement does not transfer to the new company.

If the manufacturer sells to company "A" with a a minimum price they cannot agree to a lower minimum price for company "B" for the exact same product. The way they can sidestep that is make some insignificant change to the product and sell it as a different model.

If you notice, since FT had their go around with innokin over the price of the MVP other retailers now sell the MVP for much less than it used to cost. I wonder what the full story is, at the moment I assume the MSRP agreement was voided by FT getting to sell them at the lower price.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Originals, clones, clones of clones, more often than not they're all rolling off the same assembly line. It's just at the last station before they get packed, that they get 'branded' . They're all located in Shenzhen and I'm sure that sticking a virtual pin into a virtual map for every Chinese outfit that deals with vapers gear would be very enlightening...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I don't dislike fasttech. They're a discount/clone seller. I don't want to wait the several weeks for shipping from China and risk any problems with customs (batteries) or whatnot. So I just by from regular USA vendors since I'm in the USA.

Fasttech is what it is. If you buy from them and know what they are selling, like FranC said, what's the problem?

I think you have to know what you are doing/getting, that's all. I'd just by from USA vendors because I'd have it in 4 days and support the local vendor. But like I said above, the USA reseller is "stuck" in a "price-fixed" situation. This is why clones are so popular, I'd guess. And why Fasttech has a niche.

Manufacturers should just sell a unit at X price-per-quantity (so discounts apply to bulk purchases) to everyone. The reseller can decide on the profit margin. That's the other problem though, it means that Walmart always has lowest prices for what it sells because it buys in the largest quantities whereas Joe-Shmo's corner shop can't afford to stay in business.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Originals, clones, clones of clones, more often than not they're all rolling off the same assembly line. It's just at the last station before they get packed, that they get 'branded' . They're all located in Shenzhen and I'm sure that sticking a virtual pin into a virtual map for every Chinese outfit that deals with vapers gear would be very enlightening...
not like they are retailers from China of Chinese made products thru a wholesale distribution organizations like alibaba or nothin'

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If manufacturers would ask reasonable prices for goods, instead of asking for maximum retail price, and making extremely small exclusive runs, there wouldn't be a market for clones.
Exclusive limited production begs to be copied.
$300 for a mech mod is insane, when you can buy a clone with 100 positive reviews for a tenth of that.

Fast tech also buys in bulk and sells cheap. This is how Walmart does things( minus the copyright infringement).

If Innokin hates fast tech then how did fast tech get authentic innokin goods so cheap? Answer: they bought them from Innokin. And Innokin was happy to take the check and will do so again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread