• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Chinese Suppliers Bad-Mouthing FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximumMark

Nov 15, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey Peeps,

I have been shopping new products from China and questioned one about a unique "Magneto" mod I saw on the fasttech website and asked the real manufacturer about whether this was the same unit they are making because it was so different from the V2 I had been researching. I also asked him some pretty direct questions about product upgrade schedule, etc. but when he replied, he used all caps saying that fasttech was a "very, very bad company over here", saying he would get back to me about it.

Has anyone else here experienced this kind of reaction over this vendor, or are there any other issues I should be aware of? They seem very easy to order from - and free shipping is a popular promotion throughout - and there are several items I want to buy from them soon.

Any comments?

Thanks!;)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Lots of bad mouthing FT by many....not only Vendors. I am neither brand or Vendor loyal but choose to purchase those products that perform best for my needs and are sold at the lowest price with good CS. FT fits that bill.
Examples of purchases:
Vamo V3 with 2 X 18650/ 2250 mah Panasonic batts and an Intellicharger i2- $57.00 incl del. Same package here would've have cost me about $100.
8 X 18650/ 2250 mah Panasonic batts- $40.00 incl del. Buying here would've cost me $80+ del.
Add to that their unbeatable warranty:
Do products come with warranties?: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics - Worldwide Free Shipping
My only advice is you have to know exactly what you are buying otherwise may end up with a product you're not happy with.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Huh. What they don't badmouth is price fixing. Price fixing is illegal, but commonly done (and not just by Chinese companies). Messes with the whole free enterprise and competition thing.

So what goes around comes around.

In this country manufacturer's are legally allowed to set a retail price and enforce by not selling to anyone who undercuts that price. Of course they don't call this price fixing.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
In this country manufacturer's are legally allowed to set a retail price and enforce by not selling to anyone who undercuts that price. Of course they don't call this price fixing.

OK. I stand ?corrected?. But what do they call price fixing then? Collusion between manufacturers I'd guess?????

I still call it price fixing, illegal or not. :/

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
OK. I stand ?corrected?. But what do they call price fixing then? Collusion between manufacturers I'd guess?????

I still call it price fixing, illegal or not. :/

The Supreme Court seems to disagree with me though.
AG - Hey! Why Isn't That Price Fixing? The Real Story of Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices
While the question may seem simple, the answers are complex and specific to every set of facts. Illegal price fixing may occur under a number of different scenarios:

* While it used to be that manufacturers could only suggest a minimum retail price, the U.S. Supreme Court recently changed that rule. Now, manufacturers may, under appropriate circumstances, require a minimum retail price to be charged.
* A number of different manufacturers may not agree to set prices for their products. Agreements between manufacturers to set prices are illegal.
* Similarly, a number of different retailers cannot agree to set prices for their products. Agreements between retailers to set prices are illegal.

A manufacturer does have a legal right to set a suggested retail price (a manufacturer's suggested retail price or MSRP). The manufacturer also has the right to unilaterally terminate a retailer who prices below the MSRP. Frequently, when prices are identical for a product at every store, it is because each retailer has decided to adhere to the MSRP.

It is frequently difficult in antitrust enforcement to determine when a retail price is set based upon a manufacturer's unilateral pricing policies and when the retail prices are set based upon an illegal agreement. The basic rule of thumb is: if the manufacturer's decision to set a suggested retail price and the retailers choice to adhere to that price are independent decisions, then it is probably not considered price fixing under the law. But if manufacturers and retailers agree that a certain price will be charged, the agreement will be considered illegal.

Same guys/gals that think corporations are people too. :/

DC333

Nov 6, 2013
Ogden
Comical name, 'FASTtech' You certainly wont get anything 'fast' I have never waited longer for anything to arrive in my life, and I have ordered many things from overseas.
However, everything I ordered did eventually arrive, and most of it was great! (The few that were junk were so cheap that I knew I was taking a chance on them)
The prices were unbeatable, less than half the price you would pay elsewhere on many items, with free shipping too. the customer service and tracking of packages is top notch. Good selection of many cool items that are not vape related too.
I would certainly buy from them again, at least anything I don't need right now or soon.
Highly recommended to anyone that does not mind waiting.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
Lucky you. My first (and only) order was sent back to Fasttech and cancelled. Not Fasttech's fault (that I know of, unless they P/O'ed HK Post), but still.

Waited a month to do nothing but start over again from scratch ordering products I could really use about now. Worse, the refund will take a week or more.

Done with Fasttech. It's just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread