Carto's flooding when used in tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moloch

Dec 22, 2012
NC.US
I've been having major issues with dct's flooding in my tank lately. I've read through several topics on here, and tried various things. Blowing the carto out doesn't seem to help. I replaced the inner o-rings and it still floods :(

I think the problem is the carto itself. The fluid appears to be coming out of the 2 little air holes next to the threading (not the 2 holes in the middle of the carto, but at the end by the threads). It gets into my battery and then comes up the center tube in the carto, making a gurgling sound.

Does anyone have a good source for carto's that don't flood? Either dual or single coil is fine with me, so long as they don't flood.

For reference, I have been using the stainless capped tank from altsmoke (which is a great deal for $11!), but their replacement carto's have all been flooding on me

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
What ratio of juice are you using? Sounds like you need a single hole. I know I run 50/50 with 2 holes and 30/70 with 3 holes just fine. If you're using something like 70/30 1 hole should be fine. As to where to get them? I don't know who sells single hole cartos. I finally found a vendor w/ 3 hole Smoktechs and went to check out. Site wasn't secure. Dang it, gotta keep looking. Right now I'm punching them myself and you could do the same.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
It is likely going into the 2 wicking holes and then down and out to your battery. I assume that you are not dripping into the drip tip. And I'm going to assume that it is pre-punched and not home punched?

Unless you got a failed carto, I agree with amish ed that you should go to a 1 hole pre-punched version. My wife uses 70/30 VG/PG juices with a dual hole DCT, never had a problem. It could be your juice if you are using 100%ish PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread