Cartomizer Tank Flooding Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogoplata

Moved On
Sep 10, 2012
New Jersey
Alright all. Still relatively new to all this.

As soon as I found out about carto tanks. That's all I've been vaping.

Now that I've been using cartos in tanks, I come to issues regarding flooding the cart. Most times, I get a smooth draw, but sometimes I get flooding.

For example, I'm using a bore 510 xl on a normal dct tank. I would fill the tank and prime the carto and initially it will vape well. After about 30 mins. of sitting there in the tank, I'll take a draw and all I hear is gurgles and hot juice spitting up at me. I'll take the tank off my pv and blow out the cart and it will be immediate relief, but it keeps on getting flooded.

Does anyone have suggestions? Is it the way I'm filling or what? Need help, I feel like I burn juice by just blowing it out so much.

:(:(:(:(

gogoplata

Moved On
Sep 10, 2012
New Jersey
VG is considerably thicker. When this happened to me, the inner orings were the culprit. The edge of a cartomizer can gouge them and cause air leaks which lead to flooding. do you use a tank tool to fill?

I didn't at first, now I'm using a slap your mama adapter.

The one I'm having issue with right now is my big daddy tank.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
I didn't at first, now I'm using a slap your mama adapter.

The one I'm having issue with right now is my big daddy tank.

That's the best tool on the market right now IMO. I also have had better luck with my tanks since I started punching the cartos myself. That way you can customize your cartos for whatever juice you are using.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+1 for the Slap-yo-moma tool. Best vaping tool ever created. Saves o-rings from being sliced up by the sharp edge on the end of the carto when you slide it up thru the endcap.

I find that a single hole is all that is required for 80% of most juices. Only the mostly vg or all vg juices need two or more. Also, Smoktech carto's tend to flood easier than other brands, in case that is what you are using. Lately I've been buying their pre-drilled tank carto replacements, and those are relatively small holes, but they seem to work great for me. I was having issues with my carto punch tool deforming the carto out-of-round to the point it was a struggle to get it through the endcap holes, so I went back to buying the pre-drilled (punched) cartos.

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
+1 for the Slap-yo-moma tool. Best vaping tool ever created. Saves o-rings from being sliced up by the sharp edge on the end of the carto when you slide it up thru the endcap.

I find that a single hole is all that is required for 80% of most juices. Only the mostly vg or all vg juices need two or more. Also, Smoktech carto's tend to flood easier than other brands, in case that is what you are using. Lately I've been buying their pre-drilled tank carto replacements, and those are relatively small holes, but they seem to work great for me. I was having issues with my carto punch tool deforming the carto out-of-round to the point it was a struggle to get it through the endcap holes, so I went back to buying the pre-drilled (punched) cartos.

I have been kicking around the idea of switching from smoktech to Boge XL's for my tanks. The filler is more dense in the boges, but from what I have heard Boge hasn't cleaned up their QC problems yet. I'm not sure if their XL cartos have been affected or not, but I'm wary of ordering any. I guess I could always try out 1 box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread