Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Ah and so it begins. I finally made up my mind to get a Provari mini after reading all the accolades, reviews and anything else I could find on them; but the clincher was holding one someone had at the local B & M shop. The day I am going to buy one the polished stainless is released and sold out by the time I get online so another agonizing couple of weeks. When they were released on the 27th at noon I was right there. Like so many others have said the wait was agonizing and yes this past Saturday i was stalking the mailman. He is always late when I expect something.

When I opened the box here was this American made work of art that had to be admired for a respectful period of time. I had already memorized the user manual, watched the You Tube reviews, had the batteries charged and got to it.

I had two identical Smoktech RSST's setup and ready to go. I had be using a mechanical mod and an eVic with tanks, clearos, RBA's and the like. So I set up one RSST on the eVic and one on the Provari. Holy @#$%; after a couple of comparative vapes I set the eVic aside and got to dialing in the Provari. The quality of not only the unit but the precision of the flavor, vapor and everything else was in a word euphoric. So I got out a Kanger protank which I had rebuilt to try to improve it with the eVic but put away because the draw was just to airy (no flavor) with it. Well this thing was like a totally different tank on the Provari. Tried all the other different types; yup all good.

Needless to say I put the eVic on the classifieds. It is a fine unit for what it is but now I am only concerned how long I can hold out before I need another Provari! One last thing, a shout out to all the members on the Provari sub forum. The one thing I took away from reading all the threads was the conviction each one had for the fine craftsmanship of this device; now I know why.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's hard to explain to someone who has never owned a Provari just how special they are, right? :) Now you know for yourself.

Congratuations and welcome to the Provarinati Family. :toast:

provarinati.gif

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
It's hard to explain to someone who has never owned a Provari just how special they are, right? :) Now you know for yourself.

Congratuations and welcome to the Provarinati Family. :toast:

Glad to be here. I am heading over to your blogs. I have heard so much about how good the flavor of cartos is, now that I have a Provari I have a good interest in them. I mainly use rebuildable tanks. Not know anything about them I better get some education. Got any advice?

Jack Pappas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Sorry kids.
Having a degree in Aviation Electronics from the United States Government and qualified to work on our highest grade Military Aircraft I can assert without hesitation that electricity is electricity.
A brand name does not impart any magical quality that gives one particular product superiority over another.
If you dial in the voltage and the amperage I don't give a crap what product you use, as long as you are comparing the same vehicle (delivery system) side by side there will be NO difference.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sorry kids.
Having a degree in Aviation Electronics from the United States Government and qualified to work on our highest grade Military Aircraft I can assert without hesitation that electricity is electricity.
A brand name does not impart any magical quality that gives one particular product superiority over another.
If you dial in the voltage and the amperage I don't give a crap what product you use, as long as you are comparing the same vehicle (delivery system) side by side there will be NO difference.

Just because you don't believe in pixies doesn't mean I can't. Is there a particular reason you felt the need to share your knowledge with us?

b8c5.jpg

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Sorry kids.
Having a degree in Aviation Electronics from the United States Government and qualified to work on our highest grade Military Aircraft I can assert without hesitation that electricity is electricity.(1)
If you dial in the voltage and the amperage (2) I don't give a crap what product you use, as long as you are comparing the same vehicle (delivery system) side by side there will be NO difference.

Item 1: A Tautology, and as such is not worthy of much response. The number of these I see on this forum is becoming quite taxing.

Item 2: I have tested the two models the OP referenced. The eVic and the ProVari. Let me explain why dialing in the voltage is not the same, and that ProVari does not rely on magic, but the most accurate device on the market.
I put both my eVic and my ProVari on a Fluke 333 True RMS Multimeter that I have calibrated annually. It's accuracy is not a matter that is easy to debate against. I used the two atomizers (one 1.8 ohm, one 2.5 ohm) the same battery so that I tested apples to apples with both units. Here are the results:

eVicProVarichart_zpsdd008e6e.png

It's not magic. Someone with your advanced degree and qualifications should be able to figure it out with just a little research. Do a bit of investigation as to how these devices work, and get back to us with your answer.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
View attachment 259185

Finally. Proof of magic pixie dust watts.

I knew it!

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Surprising that ProVari, being an outdated device (without VW) is even able to put power to the atty...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Glad to be here. I am heading over to your blogs. I have heard so much about how good the flavor of cartos is, now that I have a Provari I have a good interest in them. I mainly use rebuildable tanks. Not know anything about them I better get some education. Got any advice?

Why yes I do. Follow my guides step by step, word for word. Your reward will be that which you desire.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry kids.

Ahhhhh. Another Doubting Thomas comes to our forum to attempt to cast doubt and uncertainy to that which we know is true and sacred. :glare: Lumen sees totus.
:evil: Provarinati4b_zpsce4b93ae.jpg :evil:

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
OP makes a great point about the Protank. I got a Protank II a couple weeks before I got my ProVari. I was unimpressed using it on an eGo, and cast it aside.

But, because the PT is so easy to clean and change flavors, I brought it back out, because I was running out of cartos. I was surprised to find out how much better it performed on my Prov. The eGo was prolly running lower voltage than I was desiring.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Item 1: A Tautology, and as such is not worthy of much response. The number of these I see on this forum is becoming quite taxing.

Item 2: I have tested the two models the OP referenced. The eVic and the ProVari. Let me explain why dialing in the voltage is not the same, and that ProVari does not rely on magic, but the most accurate device on the market.
I put both my eVic and my ProVari on a Fluke 333 True RMS Multimeter that I have calibrated annually. It's accuracy is not a matter that is easy to debate against. I used the two atomizers (one 1.8 ohm, one 2.5 ohm) the same battery so that I tested apples to apples with both units. Here are the results:

eVicProVarichart_zpsdd008e6e.png

It's not magic. Someone with your advanced degree and qualifications should be able to figure it out with just a little research. Do a bit of investigation as to how these devices work, and get back to us with your answer.

I'll second this opinion I too did the eVic vs. Provari comparison although through my own "body senses" result not even close, Provari hands down!! I was so impressed and blown away by the difference I sold the eVic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread