Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
after extensive testing of the display model at my work, i have decided to get a provari. not because of its "stellar" performance (it didnt seem much better than my zmax or evic imho), but simply because i want a 3rd regulated mod, i already have a zmax and evic, i dont want a box mod, and i really dont like the vamo. also the provari comes in purple, thats a big one :)

which leads me to the big question, mini or full sized?
i usually charge my evic and zmax every other day, so i basically go through an 18650 in a day.
i most definetly will not be using only the provari, so adding the full sized should extend my battery charge time to 3 days
however, i like the idea of the mini, but i feel like the 18350 setup wont last nearly long enough, so i might end up using it in 18500 mode all the time. this would just make me wish i bought the full sized in the first place.

so guys, convince me. will i really love having a smaller device enough to not care about battery life? will i wish i had a mini device instead of 3 giant mods? or will the full sized be perfect for me?

also, i am so indecisive on a heating element for the provari. im using an aga-t2 on my evic, protank on my zmax, and will have an rsst on each of my ggts clones when they get here.
i want something new and exciting for the provari. what is out there other than carto tanks and gennys that will compliment my provari to perfection?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
after extensive testing of the display model at my work, i have decided to get a provari. not because of its "stellar" performance (it didnt seem much better than my zmax or evic imho), but simply because i want a 3rd regulated mod, i already have a zmax and evic, i dont want a box mod, and i really dont like the vamo. also the provari comes in purple, thats a big one :)

which leads me to the big question, mini or full sized?
i usually charge my evic and zmax every other day, so i basically go through an 18650 in a day.
i most definetly will not be using only the provari, so adding the full sized should extend my battery charge time to 3 days
however, i like the idea of the mini, but i feel like the 18350 setup wont last nearly long enough, so i might end up using it in 18500 mode all the time. this would just make me wish i bought the full sized in the first place.

so guys, convince me. will i really love having a smaller device enough to not care about battery life? will i wish i had a mini device instead of 3 giant mods? or will the full sized be perfect for me?

also, i am so indecisive on a heating element for the provari. im using an aga-t2 on my evic, protank on my zmax, and will have an rsst on each of my ggts clones when they get here.
i want something new and exciting for the provari. what is out there other than carto tanks and gennys that will compliment my provari to perfection?

You could try some add on caps to allow larger batteries. There is something aftermarket to allow the mini to use 18650s, there is a cap that will also you to use 18500's in it. You can then have it small for running around and big for at home.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
You could try some add on caps to allow larger batteries. There is something aftermarket to allow the mini to use 18650s, there is a cap that will also you to use 18500's in it. You can then have it small for running around and big for at home.

where do you find the 18650 cap? how much does it change the look? and of course, the most important part, DOES IT COME IN PURPLE

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
the 18650 cap on the regular only makes it about an inch longer. totally worth it.

i get a day and a half of vaping with an 18650 battery, vaping at 5.0-6.0 volts.

For the tank i use a cartomater from vaperfexxion. cost me about 60 bucks with all the options i picked but its a damn fine tank.
(see my other thread on how ive dropped it twice today from 3 feet or more on to gravel and concrete and it did not even scratch)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    My Provari Mini with extension cap (uses 18490/18500 battery) set up for dripping.
    You can use about anything that you wish on a Provari.
    Be sure to get the plastic ring that goes with the extension cap.
    P1000674_zps2638d81a.jpg

Before you ask :lol:
    The other one is my 10440 mini box mod

Last edited:

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
    I'd recommend getting the full size.

I have both the mini and the standard size ProVaris. I bought a mini first and added the extended cap so I could use the 18490 batteries. If I were doing it all over, I'd skip the mini and start with the standard. Then I'd get a Provari Tatroe Base which I have on order. I do carry the mini to work since vaping time is limited (with an extra battery) but a standard/full size isn't that much bigger and I wouldn't need to carry a spare. At home I use the standard with an 18650. Just my 2cents.

(I have 3 Vamos, an EA Mod, a Gus tele, several Bolts, and 2 eVics along with the 2 ProVaris)

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    The 18500 is a good compromise for those who find a 18350 doesn't last long enough and a 18650 is too big. I use the Sigelei Zmax Telescopic. It's so easy to change battery sizes on this mod without carrying around extensions. I rarely use the 18350s, use 18500 most of the day and use 18650 the rest of the time at home.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    I'd say go for the full size also. I have 2 standard sized Provari's a purple without the extension & a satin with the extension but I tend to take mines out without the extension & the battery lasts me all day at work. I still take a spare with me but so far I haven't needed it. But if this won't be your primary vape device then you could probably get either. I struggled to decide between the mini & the standard & I'm happy I went with the standard size. For me personally, it's not too big or too small.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    West GA
    Just don't put your keys or spare change in the same pocket!

+1

I shorted a battery, a month or so ago, without thinking about I accumulated several dollars worth of change in the same pocket as my spare battery. I did not even realize what was happening until it all started burning my leg.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Provari_vs_Mini.jpg
    Regular Provari and a Mini with battery extension cap.

provari_vs_mini 3.jpg
    Provari with ext cap / Provari / Provari cut down (Mini size).

Mini Provari 2.jpg
    Mini Provari.

blue-chrome-ext.jpg
    Provari with chrome extension cap and an RBA.

I have both the regular Provari and a Mini. I use the regular mainly for home use with either a cartotank or an RBA tank. I use the Mini for out-and-about and work, and carry an spare battery in a plastic battery case in my pocket. I plan on ordering a Serenity Gear leather flexi-sleeve lanyard for the Mini when he starts taking orders again later this month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread