Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I'm really enjoying my Calix.
But, I just needed to rewick with juice still in the tank, and I'm stumped.
What's the best way of doing this without draining out the liquid?
Read below
Turn it upside down, unscrew deck, rewick

Easily done when juice control is open at least 1/2 turn.

Zenmccloud

Feb 13, 2015
Hi all. I'm weighing in on my Calix V2, I have had it maybe 8 months or longer, (edit: just checked I got it in January so 10 months) and then came back to by Leo to buy some plexi colored tanks and drip tips. I am now contemplating the Pico since I am an MTL girl all the way. I loved smoking cigarettes. Loved it. So MTL is the substitute for me, like many former smokers. I feel that kids like the big power and the cloud chucking stuff, where I just want my brain to think its smoking when it's not. Lol. Also, I love quality. I started out with house of hybrids genny tanks, and the dominus mod and lochaber atty, I have bought several kayfuns in their different incarnations, two squapes, a titanium Mark Bugs Gem, a rose V2, and now two kabuki tanks. Nothing has ever come close to my Calix. I am often bewildered by the lack of its presence on Instagram and other social media, because to me it is near perfect. No, it's pretty perfect.

Currently I use only the Calix most of the time and the kabuki for when I'm traveling. The damn kabuki tank is so small that's why i have two because if I'm driving I don't want to stop and refil. I use a provari radius or my sxmini m class.

The only thing about Calix I would change is I would like a little tighter draw, and that's why I'm considering the Pico. Will I get that with the Pico? I've got it sitting in my cart and want to ask before I hit the PayPal trigger lol.

And on the subject of p busardo vs qorax, let's just say qorax is my very favorite "celeb" reviewer lol, he expects and appreciates quality and I like that. He is a grown up without an agenda aside from helping us to make decisions and get quality items if that's what we want. Grimm often gripes about vape hands budget stuff and I say um, $10-20 a day on cigarettes in two weeks can pay for a provari and a Calix, no? Maybe that's just me. I equate it all to what I would be spending on cigarettes. I don't complain about price of things like a Calix or a kabuki because I've used other attys and tanks and I know what good quality is. AND in all the time I have used my Calix I have never had a drop leak on me. No other tank has that claim under its belt. My kayfuns always leaked. My titanium gem too. Love my Calix. Should I buy the Pico?

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hi all. I'm weighing in on my Calix V2, I have had it maybe 8 months or longer, (edit: just checked I got it in January so 10 months) and then came back to by Leo to buy some plexi colored tanks and drip tips. I am now contemplating the Pico since I am an MTL girl all the way. I loved smoking cigarettes. Loved it. So MTL is the substitute for me, like many former smokers. I feel that kids like the big power and the cloud chucking stuff, where I just want my brain to think its smoking when it's not. Lol. Also, I love quality. I started out with house of hybrids genny tanks, and the dominus mod and lochaber atty, I have bought several kayfuns in their different incarnations, two squapes, a titanium Mark Bugs Gem, a rose V2, and now two kabuki tanks. Nothing has ever come close to my Calix. I am often bewildered by the lack of its presence on Instagram and other social media, because to me it is near perfect. No, it's pretty perfect.

Currently I use only the Calix most of the time and the kabuki for when I'm traveling. The damn kabuki tank is so small that's why i have two because if I'm driving I don't want to stop and refil. I use a provari radius or my sxmini m class.

The only thing about Calix I would change is I would like a little tighter draw, and that's why I'm considering the Pico. Will I get that with the Pico? I've got it sitting in my cart and want to ask before I hit the PayPal trigger lol.

And on the subject of p busardo vs qorax, let's just say qorax is my very favorite "celeb" reviewer lol, he expects and appreciates quality and I like that. He is a grown up without an agenda aside from helping us to make decisions and get quality items if that's what we want. Grimm often gripes about vape hands budget stuff and I say um, $10-20 a day on cigarettes in two weeks can pay for a provari and a Calix, no? Maybe that's just me. I equate it all to what I would be spending on cigarettes. I don't complain about price of things like a Calix or a kabuki because I've used other attys and tanks and I know what good quality is. AND in all the time I have used my Calix I have never had a drop leak on me. No other tank has that claim under its belt. My kayfuns always leaked. My titanium gem too. Love my Calix. Should I buy the Pico?

To keep it short:

You have a V2, and like it.

You also like MTL to simulate actual cigarettes...

So, as an owner of both models, I will say YES. Get yourself a Pico.

The draw is definitely tighter.

Zenmccloud

Feb 13, 2015
To keep it short:

You have a V2, and like it.

You also like MTL to simulate actual cigarettes...

So, as an owner of both models, I will say YES. Get yourself a Pico.

The draw is definitely tighter.
Thanks for the endorsement of my itchy trigger finger to hit the PayPal button on the Pico. Just wanted to make sure it was what I was after.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Thanks for the endorsement of my itchy trigger finger to hit the PayPal button on the Pico. Just wanted to make sure it was what I was after.
I'm not so sure...there is no way I would put the Pico above kayfun, squape, gem and a rose v2.. no way, those tanks are the cream of the crop... Pico is a good one but compared to the above... no way

Kayfun mini v3 is the mtl tank of the year... no leak, dry hit and tight as u want it. If u are looking for next tank to be in rotation with your calix.

My 2c

Reactions: qorax

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Kayfun mini v3 is just the opposite for me. Gave up on it after months of trying. Wish I'd bought another calix instead. Really like the original calix with the shielded glass tank.
That's a rare report as it gets high review scores as well as a ton of good reports in the various forums. Qorax loves it also.

I would not hesitate to suggest the KFMV3 over the Pico any day of the week.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
That's a rare report as it gets high review scores as well as a ton of good reports in the various forums. Qorax loves it also.

I would not hesitate to suggest the KFMV3 over the Pico any day of the week.

I'm a rarity as well.

I had absolutely no interest in the KFMV3, based on its size.
And the KFMV3 v2 (Kayfun 5) is definitely not my friend. It just won't perform for me. 6 years of vaping and building skills, from droppers to tanks to rebuilding factory coils, and the KF5 just doesn't hit any marks for me.

Now the KF4, however, THAT is a tank I like.
I rotate between Calix V2's and KF4's. They are on par with each other as far as performance in my book...and pretty much all I use.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I'm a rarity as well.

I had absolutely no interest in the KFMV3, based on its size.
And the KFMV3 v2 (Kayfun 5) is definitely not my friend. It just won't perform for me. 6 years of vaping and building skills, from droppers to tanks to rebuilding factory coils, and the KF5 just doesn't hit any marks for me.

Now the KF4, however, THAT is a tank I like.
I rotate between Calix V2's and KF4's. They are on par with each other as far as performance in my book...and pretty much all I use.
I was put off by the mini size also at first and now I absolutely love it but can understand it's a bit weird.

I never got a KF 5 because it is not my style of MTL device and did not interest me.

I'm all about some KFL+ also.

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I was put off by the mini size also at first and now I absolutely love it but can understand it's a bit weird.

I never got a KF 5 because it is not my style of MTL device and did not interest me.

I'm all about some KFL+ also.

Quite how I compare my Calix v2's and KF4's, I compare my Calix v1's and KFLs.

For me, the draw is similar enough, the build quality is too notch, ease of use is stellar, and overall the vape I get is just great.

However, since getting a higher wattage device (moving from Provari v2.5 to Provari P3 and finally to a Provari Radius) I've found more satisfaction from my Calix v2's and KF4's.

I run half ohm dual coil setups on them both, and run it at 25 watts. The vape is great.

Calix v2 wins for more airflow, but I dial it down to match the KF4, and I'm in heaven!

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Read below

Easily done when juice control is open at least 1/2 turn.
That did it for me. I was either turning the juice control too much or not at all, or whatever. Worked perfectly for me now. Thanks.
I was vaping "ordinary" juice so didn't need to rewick much. Then switched over to a naturally extracted tobacco, which I've come to prefer, but which tends to gunk up the wick/coil. So, I wanted to rewick without dumping the remaining juice, and had difficulty getting the deck off with juice in there.

Reactions: HBcorpse

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

I just yesterday ordered a Calix v2, but I do have and really like the Pico, so I can't compare the two yet.
I completely agree that: it should be getting more notice; Qorax does reviews that are wonderfully informative (thanks Q!); the Kabuki is a good tank; the Pico is perfectly small and shorter than the Kabuki, I think due to the P3 connection on the latter vs. 510 on Pico; neither one has ever ever leaked for me, versus every other one I've ever used. Yeah, buy the Pico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread