Jul 23, 2013
I'll just leave this here.
1bc44b1132301355a847e556dfec880d.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's kind of 'other worldly'...nice rig there buddy!

Thank you T.O.S.S.!!!

I can't wait to get the stainless parts Cerakote'd black (blasphemy). Then it will match my Stealth mods better!

I'm going for a look, that comes from a childhood joy of mine: Lego.

62fb316751e13f91592b9bc0404ccb65.jpg

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi all,

I have a slight problem and wondered if anyone else has encountered this.
I get juice build up around the 510 of my Calix v2 Cage which is leaking onto my mod. Not talking about spectacular amounts but enough for me to want to get a permanent fix (perhaps a drops worth a day).

I have checked the O-Ring and replaced as noticed it was slightly worn. The build deck is firmly screwed down so don't think that is the source.

I do notice however, when I look at the 510, the O-Ring is not sitting in the correct groove (half of it is sitting slightly higher so not creating that seal). I have lubed it and tried to gently insert the 510 pin down but same problem persists.

I am not sure how to fix this. I have a V1 that I have no issues with, just the V2.

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Ash

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
I'm glad I'm not the only one (in a nice way). I was thinking I was doing something wrong!

I've had to park it as it is getting into the mod itself and can see this damaging the electricals.

A great shame. Hope there is a simple fix for this as this is a phenominal atty (bar this bug bear).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hi all,

I have a slight problem and wondered if anyone else has encountered this.
I get juice build up around the 510 of my Calix v2 Cage which is leaking onto my mod. Not talking about spectacular amounts but enough for me to want to get a permanent fix (perhaps a drops worth a day).

I have checked the O-Ring and replaced as noticed it was slightly worn. The build deck is firmly screwed down so don't think that is the source.

I do notice however, when I look at the 510, the O-Ring is not sitting in the correct groove (half of it is sitting slightly higher so not creating that seal). I have lubed it and tried to gently insert the 510 pin down but same problem persists.

I am not sure how to fix this. I have a V1 that I have no issues with, just the V2.

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Ash
The top oring of the pin (the one closer to the SS cup) should not go completely in the center hole of the base. It should sit on the inner grove on the center of the base like a cushion (also used for electric insulation). If you changed the o ring with one of the orings provided as an accessory, make sure you didn't put on the one that goes in the bottom of the pin or vice versa. The smaller one goes on the bottom of the pin.
Its highly likely that the liquid doesn't come from the side of the SS cup, but from the center air hole of the cup. Overfeeding and very low positioning of the coil can cause that.
If it appears that the o ring is mangled, let us know and we will change your base.
When machining finishes on the base, the hole where the pin goes in is sharp so it can mangle the o rings, so we smoothen out the edge on that corner by hand. We didn't notice the problem for the first few days, so some bases got out without the last proccess. It's a very simple fix, that can be done with a drill bit or a Philips screwdriver (with the correct diameter of course). Just place the screwdriver/drill bit in the hole, so the angled sides come in contact with the corner (where the base meets the hole) and twist it a few times both ways. We use a 6mm drill bit for steel. I am just mentioning the tip because I hear " can I fix it by myself?" all the time when any problem arises and it's exciting! We can change the base none the less :)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
My new Calix Pico arrived today, gave it a wash and it's sitting drying off.
I'm uncertain about the 510 pin. The one which came installed is flat bottomed, so without the airflow adjustment screw. The spare has the airflow adjustment screw.
I'll be vaping on a Provari Radius, and do MTL, and usually run coils of around 1 to 1.8ohms.
Which pin should I use?

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
My new Calix Pico arrived today, gave it a wash and it's sitting drying off.
I'm uncertain about the 510 pin. The one which came installed is flat bottomed, so without the airflow adjustment screw. The spare has the airflow adjustment screw.
I'll be vaping on a Provari Radius, and do MTL, and usually run coils of around 1 to 1.8ohms.
Which pin should I use?

Use the one installed.

If you find you need more adjustment, swap to the other.

I highly doubt you'll swap.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
You got it.
BTW you posted a pic recently of your Calix/Radius setup. 4/5 wraps of 28g @ 1ohm. What diameter for the coil?

I use a #6 machine thread screw.

Works out to be about 2.75mm

3.0mm is too big, and 2.5mm always felt too small, but it's basically a standard.

Once I found the 2.75mm middle ground, I fell in love!

You can use a 7/64 drill bit as well, for the same diameter.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
OK.
Did my first Calix Pico build.
I used about the same as HBcorpse mentioned a few posts ago (but 2.5mm vs. 2.75 because I have that dimension, but still about 1.0).
Why? Well, just because HB liked it. Good enough for me. Thanks HB for your help.
Although, I think I'll make my next build with a bit higher ohms. But, that's just me.
I think the Calix is a wonderful atty. Great flavor (first try being indirectly wicked), perfect vapor production for me, good looking, easy to build (though I did loosen a deck screw a bit too far and it was hell getting it back in), and last but not least it's small and light.
I did get a kfl 5 not long ago. (Built it twice, then left the country for 7 weeks and didn't bring it along.) Honestly, I haven't done a same juice same ohms comparison. But, the advantages of the Calix for me are clear. The kfl 5 is getting sold.
The Calix needs more attention than it's getting in the vaping world.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
OK.
Did my first Calix Pico build.
I used about the same as HBcorpse mentioned a few posts ago (but 2.5mm vs. 2.75 because I have that dimension, but still about 1.0).
Why? Well, just because HB liked it. Good enough for me. Thanks HB for your help.
Although, I think I'll make my next build with a bit higher ohms. But, that's just me.
I think the Calix is a wonderful atty. Great flavor (first try being indirectly wicked), perfect vapor production for me, good looking, easy to build (though I did loosen a deck screw a bit too far and it was hell getting it back in), and last but not least it's small and light.
I did get a kfl 5 not long ago. (Built it twice, then left the country for 7 weeks and didn't bring it along.) Honestly, I haven't done a same juice same ohms comparison. But, the advantages of the Calix for me are clear. The kfl 5 is getting sold.
The Calix needs more attention than it's getting in the vaping world.

I'm so very happy that you're enjoying the Calix!
It's as great a device as you're feeling it is, and if you ever need any support, the ByLeo family (employees and ECF members) will ALWAYS help you out!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey anyone have any good pictures of dual coil builds on the Calix?

I've seen lots of pics on the Apollo, and it's the same cup, but the walls of the Calix deck mean I can't make most of them.

Also, the video for dual coils on Calix / Apollo has been banned in the USA because it contains copyrighted music...

4d4476f707db5d5f68556cbcaa9ceb81.jpg

UPDATE:

Here's what I tried-
a4dbf6f681df6fcb31da3f6ec7a7df9e.jpg

28g Kanthal, 5 wraps each, came to 0.47 ohms...I fired it at 25 watts.

Wicking was difficult and didn't work.
I wicked through the coils, and kept both tails, placing them in the channel the same way I would normally do.

I think I'll re-wick, and keep only one tail, like many dual coils set ups do.

Next I will try Clapton wire (36g Kanthal wrapped around 28g Kanthal), and also I'll try a single coil of 26g Kanthal.

Last edited:
Reactions: newyork13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread