Status
Not open for further replies.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
BWB Backwoods Brew is pretty much a legend in the vaping community I did a review on Casablanca and about 10 people put in their 2 cents which is fine everyone has an opinion. BWB has been up and down for me but today I am glad to say I have found 2 flavours that I enjoy, I have not tried everything from BWB but some.

hunters blend
honey flue nut
casablanca
RY4
vanilla
malty
virginia

The two I enjoy the most are the malty and virginia, the malty to me does taste like the ecopure line its sweet and clean plus much cheaper. Being from Maysville, KY I was around tobacco everyday as a child and the virginia taste like a sweet tobacco leaf. It had me worried at first it tasted just like the honey flue nut at first, but then it grew on me because the honey flue nut has a strong honey to it and since that is gone in the virginia I like it better. I am going to comment on the casablanca the 16th will be a month since I have had it and it taste the same since day one, I have had three none vaper people try it I got it taste like candy to hot peppers then a cigar like taste. Casablanca is unique and I will continue to vape it but I see no change in steeping. One more thing the new bottles are ok but I think they drip way to easy to much comes out at once.

Last edited:

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Will post my review from earlier today on BWB.

OK, I hope to do a detailed review later on the juice I received today, my first from BWB. I ordered all in 18mg nic and received Applewood, Casablanca and Hunter's Blend. I also received a PIF of the Virginia. Just a quick impression of each would reveal the following:

Applewood: definately has a nice apple flavor with a subtle tobacco taste. Very nice out of the bottle, I can only see this one getting better.

Casablanca: this one needs to sit as first impression was meh so will wait on this one for now.

Virginia: Nice sweet tobacco, nothing special, but that is a good thing, just straight tobacco goodness.

Hunter's Blend: I may have found my everyday vape! Straight out of the bottle this was one of the most amazing flavors I have ever tried. Complex to say the least, I cannot pinpoint all the different flavors, no exageration this is a taste bud orgasm for me! I'm sitting here vaping it now and trying to distinguish, is it malt, is it pepper, is it caramel???? If this gets better with age then I don't know what I will do.

Vapor production and TH were awesome and perfect with all of these.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
I wanted to comment that I love the malty toffee right out of the mailbox. A few weeks later I still like it but not as much as when fresh. On the other hand, I liked 555 right out of the mailbox, after a couple weeks it turned into my go to everyday most of the day vape. Can't get enough of it!!!!!
As far as the bottles, I liked the older ones better, the newer ones look like they are better quality but I agree the juice comes out quicker. I guess i got used to the bottles that were slow then when they changed the jump was big. it's no big deal as I really could care less if don bottled them in a freakin tin can, I'd still be buying it.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I was really curious about the hunters blend because I read it had a clove taste, I got it but I may have got to much nic or something because it was very very strong and turned me off the first drag plus I didnt taste clove.

I do not understand about this everyone says BWB needs to steep and I mean almost everyone so why not sell it that way, I am sure if he makes it ahead he will sell it.

Last edited:

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
I was really curious about the hunters blend because I read it had a clove taste, I got it but I may have got to much nic or something because it was very very strong and turned me off the first drag plus I didnt taste clove.

I do not understand about this everyone says BWB needs to steep and I mean almost everyone so why not sell it that way, I am sure if he makes it ahead he will sell it.

agreed with you there passer, i've never gotten clove out of hunters blend either, i think its an excellent juice, but no clove that I can tell

Kreep

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Corona, Ca
I can't beleive no one in this thread has mentioned BWB waffle! Loaded this up fresh out of the mailbox today and all I can say is that it is ridiculous... Don must have simply cooked up a bunch of golden waffles, hit them with butter and maple syrup, and wrung them out into the bottle he sent me. Vaping this stuff is amazing - buttery richness on the front with a hint of sweet maple syrup on the back... It makes my mouth water between hits. Thanks a lot Don, you have just cranked my per-day juice consumption thanks to this stuff.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Don's BWB Watermelon makes me drool. In fact, I didn't realize in the beginning (this may sound gross) but I kid you not I was slobbering into my atty. I couldn't figure out why my atty kept losing its performance until I realized what was happening. Once I noticed, I don't do that anymore.

:p````

Tried his blast (cinnamon not my thing I found) but I can say when I first got it it was a very translucent color. Two months in, it's a DARK crimson red, I'm sure it's nice and steeped. His RY4 was off the chain. Also, BWB Casablanca (which got really freakin good after a couple weeks) and is currently one of my all day vapes and watermelon - (watermelon I've noticed doesn't really steep so I don't wait for that one). His menthol was great too, again, not for me though. I also couldn't totally get into the espresso, and eJoker blend (maybe I'll retry those, I'm an open minded dude). Gee, I suppose I should try more of Don's stuff since what I have tried so far has been of the highest quality (scratches head, and logs into bank account).

If you don't believe in steeping, whoever gets a bottle of Blast (which is Don's cinnamon) take a look at your bottle, then compare it to the picture of mine I've attached. That color change started about 2 weeks in. It's gorgeous, but as I said, I am not a cinnamon person right now.

ice

Attachments

• Steeped_Blast.jpg
    Steeped_Blast.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 63

NCVapingLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2009
Statesville, NC
Don's BWB Watermelon makes me drool. In fact, I didn't realize in the beginning (this may sound gross) but I kid you not I was slobbering into my atty. I couldn't figure out why my atty kept losing its performance until I realized what was happening. Once I noticed, I don't do that anymore.

:p````

I haven't heard that one before! :laugh: Kudos to you for admitting that! Guess that is proof enough that the BWB watermelon is, well, juicy good!:p

thefinder808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2010
Nashville
BWB is pretty much my only juice vendor now, it's just really really good. The Maple Tobacco is one I haven't heard mentioned on this thread and it is a must try. Strong tobacco flavor and maple syrup on the exhale. Excellent stuff. Of all the juices I've tried from them I am stuck between four favorites. 555, Hunter's Blend, RY4, and Maple Tobacco. On my next order I'm going to try some Virginia and Melonbacco.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
I haven't heard that one before! :laugh: Kudos to you for admitting that! Guess that is proof enough that the BWB watermelon is, well, juicy good!:p

LOL thanks...ya, kinda gross :p But seriously...it was happening...I wonder what watermelon is like from other vendors...I haven't tried :)

ice

Amutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2010
Oregon
So far I've tried his Hunter's blend and 555. The Hunter's was nice right out of the box and I haven't noticed much difference over time with it. The 555 I didn't like at all when I first got it but after it had sat a couple weeks I retried it and absolutely love it now. Nutty and mellow;)

I have waffle and applewood on order.

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
I've been pretty exclusive to BWB since I started vaping back in september. During the holidays, I decided to give a couple of places a try. Big mistake. It'll be BWB exclusive from here on out.

My all day go to is Maxboro. I'll switch off a couple of times a day with Honey Flue.

When I make my regular orders of Max & HF, I usually get a 10ml of something else to try.

So far:
RY4 - Was quite nice after a 2 week steep, but not an all day for me.
Honey Nut Flue - Also pretty good compared to HF.
Hunter's Blend - Waaay to sweet for me.
Virginia - From my last order, a nice change from Max & HF. Tastes a little young but I'm sure it'll get better with age.

Sent from my Froyo Virgin Intercept M910 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread