Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Lester William Polsfuss (June 9, 1915 – August 12, 2009)—known as Les Paul—was an American jazz and country guitarist, songwriter and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar which "made the sound of rock and roll possible" He is credited with many recording innovations. Although he was not the first to use the technique, his early experiments with overdubbing (also known as sound on sound), delay effects such as tape delay, phasing effects and multitrack recording were among the first to attract widespread attention.
His innovative talents extended into his playing style, including licks, trills, chording sequences, fretting techniques and timing, which set him apart from his contemporaries and inspired many guitarists of the present day. He recorded with his wife Mary Ford in the 1950s, and they sold millions of records.
Among his many honors, Paul is one of a handful of artists with a permanent, stand-alone exhibit in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[ He is prominently named by the music museum on its website as an "architect" and a "key inductee" along with Sam Phillips and Alan Freed.

album-very-best-of-les-paul.jpg

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Lester William Polsfuss (June 9, 1915 – August 12, 2009)—known as Les Paul—was an American jazz and country guitarist, songwriter and inventor. He was a pioneer in the development of the solid-body electric guitar which "made the sound of rock and roll possible" He is credited with many recording innovations. Although he was not the first to use the technique, his early experiments with overdubbing (also known as sound on sound), delay effects such as tape delay, phasing effects and multitrack recording were among the first to attract widespread attention.
His innovative talents extended into his playing style, including licks, trills, chording sequences, fretting techniques and timing, which set him apart from his contemporaries and inspired many guitarists of the present day. He recorded with his wife Mary Ford in the 1950s, and they sold millions of records.
Among his many honors, Paul is one of a handful of artists with a permanent, stand-alone exhibit in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[ He is prominently named by the music museum on its website as an "architect" and a "key inductee" along with Sam Phillips and Alan Freed.

You would get along great with my husband lol

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
LOL, it's not something you would know if you weren't a guitar fan :) Here's a pic of Mr. Paul. The one above is Slash from Guns 'n Roses

les_paul.jpg

Yep, I know Slash, just not his Lespaul :) I was wondering the same thing. How many others don't know this and just think Mike is a little odd? lol

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Yep, I know Slash, just not his Lespaul :) I was wondering the same thing. How many others don't know this and just think Mike is a little odd? lol
I don't know but Les Paul is pretty darn famous. He's as famous to the music industry as Jaques Cousteau is to the underwater industry.

He's not to be mistaken for Les Brown and his Band of Renown though. :):):)

Last edited:

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
Really nice Mike!! How bout a limited edition with a nice engraving design on it ONLY for customers who have brought the original buzz almost an year ago.... *wink wink* anyways I will definity be buying one or maybe two of these, and I hope that the 510 connection has room for me to drill my own extra air vent/holes in it like I did with my buzz, oh and before I forget, my buzzes button is a hard plastic and black, and my infinity's is soft rubber and yellow/orange, do you have black buttons as I don't like the yellow/orange ones? Thanks and sign me up for one right away.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Really nice Mike!! How bout a limited edition with a nice engraving design on it ONLY for customers who have brought the original buzz almost an year ago.... *wink wink* anyways I will definity be buying one or maybe two of these, and I hope that the 510 connection has room for me to drill my own extra air vent/holes in it like I did with my buzz, oh and before I forget, my buzzes button is a hard plastic and black, and my infinity's is soft rubber and yellow/orange, do you have black buttons as I don't like the yellow/orange ones? Thanks and sign me up for one right away.

That's what I was just going to ask paco. Hey Mike, in that third pic it looks like there's a black button on that Pro. That's what I'd like if it's an option.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
oh and before I forget, my buzzes button is a hard plastic and black, and my infinity's is soft rubber and yellow/orange, do you have black buttons as I don't like the yellow/orange ones? Thanks and sign me up for one right away.

That's what I was just going to ask paco. Hey Mike, in that third pic it looks like there's a black button on that Pro. That's what I'd like if it's an option.

See!! And ya'll picked on me for saying I wanted a black button in the other thread. I am not alone! :)

And another question, is the pink nailpolish on the wheel going to be standard? Or was that just for testing purposes? I'm having trouble wrapping my mind's eye around a Purple Buzz with a Pink Line on the Wheel and a Yellow-Orange button.

But, really, is it??? I know, I know. Ya'll are going to tell me that after I get done painting my button black, that I can color over the pink line, lol.

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
See!! And ya'll picked on me for saying I wanted a black button in the other thread. I am not alone! :)

And another question, is the pink nailpolish on the wheel going to be standard? Or was that just for testing purposes? I'm having trouble wrapping my mind's eye around a Purple Buzz with a Pink Line on the Wheel and a Yellow-Orange button.

But, really, is it??? I know, I know. Ya'll are going to tell me that after I get done painting my button black, that I can color over the pink line, lol.

Hey!!! Who's pickin' on my pal Pokey? I ain't havin' it I tells ya!

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Based on that one photo you got in focus, I'd say this: all the technical improvements aside, this guy is going to be a cosmetic refinement over the original—not a complete, head-to-toe makeover, indistinguishable from what went before. The spirit of the Buzz will live on.

I, for one, would be a little upset—even heartbroken—had you completely buried the past (like what Chevy did to the Camaro in 1970).

Good job :thumb:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
OK the button will be Orange ( this is made by C&K they ONLY make this model in Orange , it is the 1,000,000 cycle model ) the black one is a 600,000 cycle model and we have to mod it ! )

the Pink is only on this prototype the colors on the wheel edge will be RED/WHITE/GREEN red = higher volts

I have a 77 LesPaul , I am alos known as HAGSTROM on another forum ( I have a 1967 Hagstrom 8 string bass ! the first 8 string bass ever made ) BTW I have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to many guitars and basses last count was around 14 ????

Buzzkill/77lespaul/Hagstrom/Mike/Buzz

When I first joined up on ECF there were some issue between forums , I used different names so that my posts on one forum did not effect me on another forum , that is no longer the case !

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
I should ask C&K if they can make a black rubber button for me >??? Ya RIGHT , I would have to buy 500,000 of them LOL ! sorry guys BUT the extra life from the button is worth the orange color IMO.

Ok I sent a request for a block rubber switch so we will see ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread