Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
I recently received my new Buzz Pro. I will compare it to my Original Buzz.

Let me start out by saying that the vape I get is the same in both. Only the features differentiate the two.

So, they have the same vape experience. Dialing them up and down, the flavor changes identically for them both. Neither has the ability to identify what voltage or wattage is being vaped.

The differences are seen immediately. There are pros and cons to both as far as features go.

The Original:
Heavier
~1 mm wider
~3 mm shorter
Red/blue color changing LED is located on the outside of the unit.
Inner workings use a thicker wire.
Circuit board is enclosed-soldered it appears.
Hit button is larger and black.
Top and end caps are slightly thicker.
Top cap is flatter.
VV is done by means of a screwdriver to screw.
Can use BOTH 16340 OR 123a batteries.

Pro:
Top cap is contoured. More elegant.
LED light is on the inside, reflected through the VV dial.
Red LED stays lit while unit has batteries within it.
Hit button is smaller and peach colored.
Unit is lighter in weight.
Circuit is easily accessed.
Inner connector wire is thinner, more delicate.
VV is by way of a dial, and color on dial indicated voltage up/down.
Can only use 123a size batteries.

I had an issue with the OB. IT accidentally took a bath. After drying out, it still functioned as new.
I did have the connector wire break from the loop attaching it to the topcap. I was able to repair it myself(and I am electronically challenged!). Buzz units do not handle LR very well. Battery life is EXTREMELY diminished. I recommend 2.5 oHms or higher. Both Buzz' do very well with CE2's. I generally have tanks on my Buzzes. No issues with these. I do not baby my mods. They have to be able to handle being handled. I try not to drop them, but I have had them roll off a desk onto hardwood floor. No problems with such accidents. I rank them right up there with the Darwin in the vaping department. I do meter mine to find out what I'm vaping at when I switch flavors.
I would grade them an A. I cant give and A+ until I try the rest of the VV's out there.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I have had my Buzzpro for a while now and I love it.I get 6-8 hours of battery life with 1.5 ohm attys and dual coils,and have never had it get more than slightly warm and I chain vape most of the time.Did you try using it with 16340 batteries yet?Mine fits them fine and works great with them,I use AW IMR 16340's and RCR123a's and haven't had problems with either.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
Yeah. I vape 8-12 ml a day. My batts only last 2-4 hours. I just ordered unprotected 16340 as the dimensions show they are the same length as 123a's. I just didnt want the average user to think they were interchangeable. Most mod users have had it drilled into to them not to use unprotected batts, so I doubt many of them would realize this point. Mine are all Ultrafire batts, I'm waiting on Trustfire and a few others. I never saw a marked difference in AW's, so I no longer use those. Not worth the excessive cost difference.

hisfattness

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
CT
Try the Powerizers at notcigs $11 for a pair and they out last the AW's and ultra/trustfires according to tests someone did on ecf.I have a few sets and they do last longer and perform good.

I use these in my buzz pro and get ~1 day of vaping on my 2ohm cartos. Great review Pamdane. Thanks for the comparision i was curious.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Black protected AW 16340s fit fine as well. I have a set of powerizer 16340 also.
For me they seem to last almost exactly the same time.
IMO I do see a drastic difference in AW vs ****fires in almost all size batts especially 16340 and 14500.
Not only in time between charges, but also time between purchase and the trash can.
("trash can" used for explanation, but I recycle all my cells properly) :D
Well worth the extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread