Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
I feel like a dinosaur... I am one of the ones that sought a way to quit analogs and I just kept v'ing heck using tobacco flavors @ 28-30 mg (menthols) then I started trying conservative nontobac flavors and something clicked. No lingering cravings for that wonderful lethal (for me at least) tobacco smoke and taste. Hate to see things with the potential to maybe save a life so vilified.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I feel like a dinosaur... I am one of the ones that sought a way to quit analogs and I just kept v'ing heck using tobacco flavors
I think most of us started with tobacco flavors. I know I did. Tobacco flavors got me from 40+ a day down to 1 a day in in less than a week. But what got me over the hump of putting down that last cigarette were fruit flavors that actually tasted good.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
BREAKING NEWS: Sources telling media FDA plans to ban non-tobacco flavors ONLY in pod/cartridge systems (ironically doesn't even affect brand often accused of being "cause of teen epidemic.") This short reprieve doesn't change what industry faces May 2020. The fight is not over!!

FDA to Ban All E-Cigarette Pod Flavors Except Tobacco and Menthol
Thanks kristin and Happy New Year!

Too bad this will be looked back on as just political posturing in a few months when open systems become illegal to sell.

Thank you for keeping up the good fight!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason it doesn't affect them is 'cause they've already pulled all their other flavors "voluntarily"....?
Correct. Juul no longer sells anything but tobacco and menthol flavors. This hits companies like Njoy, Juno and Vuse more than anything. After Njoy stood up for open systems in the Trump meeting (and fought FDA in 2009 - the reason ANY products are still on the market today) it's not exactly a "win" for the industry.

It also reinforces the lie that flavors are why teens vape. With the public believing that, banning flavors in open systems will be easy. Public will be less inclined to support our fight against PMTA in May 2020, which will essentially achieve the total flavor ban we avoided today.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
BREAKING NEWS: (UPDATE) "FDA Finalizes Enforcement Policy on Unauthorized Flavored Cartridge-Based E-Cigarettes That Appeal to Children, Including Fruit and Mint"

"By not prioritizing enforcement against other flavored ENDS products in the same way as flavored cartridge-based ENDS products, the FDA has attempted to balance the public health concerns related to youth use of ENDS products with considerations regarding addicted adult cigarette smokers who may try to use ENDS products to transition away from combustible tobacco products. "

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020...ed-flavored-cartridge-based-e-cigarettes.html

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Reading the first parts of that, I was thinking it sounds almost as though they'll leave open systems alone even come May. But further down I found that light at the end of the tunnel... It's a train:

The guidance also states that, after May 12, 2020, the FDA intends to also prioritize enforcement against any ENDS products that continue to be sold and for which the manufacturers have not submitted a premarket application.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Time to stock up? Maybe I should double what I have now?
Depends what you have now.

I haven't bought much of anything in a couple of years now, but I have enough stuff to last until I'm over 100, and the chances of me living that long are rather slim.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread