BluCigs.com Blu Cigs Premium Starter Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I am a new vaper, and I started with the Blu Cigs Premium starter kit (big mistake) I reviewed the product and wanted to share my experience with anyone who would like to get into vaping, or may be within their 30-day money back time frame with Blu currently.

Hello Vapers and Smokers alike, You can call me UnHoly. This is my first review of any vaping product but I am here to give a fair and valuable opinion to those of you looking to either get into vaping as a substitute for smoking, or simply want some input on a product currently on the market

I'm here today to review the Blu Premium e-cig product from BluCigs.com. I have rated the product in numerous areas, including Aesthetics, Usabilty (how user friendly it is), Battery life, Vapor flavor, and vapor production.

Lets start with Aesthetics. When you first receive your Blu Premium you'll get a feel similar to that of Apple's products, a sleek packaging system, and beautifully designed hardware. The Blue light on the tip adds a nice little flare and is a nice change from the standard "white and tan" cigarette look of most e-cigs. Every part of the equipment is labeled with the Blu logo, which is also very sleek and eye-catching. I have to say that in this category there really are no downfalls. The charging pack is sleek, has a nice feel and is about the same size as a cigarette pack, and the batteries are about the same size as the tobacco containing part of an analog. In this category I have rated the Blu Premium a 10/10.

In the realm of usability… well the product really is simple enough that a monkey (a fairly dexterous monkey) could use it. just like any other e-cig the 510 thread cartomizers simply twist on to the battery and you're good to go. the charging slot in the battery pack does not require you to screw in to the slot in order for the battery to charge, simply place it in, contact side down and close the pack and you're charging. This is an excellent feature. The pack holds 5 spare cartridges and holds both batteries, one charging, and one assembled with a cartridge in a larger hole that fits the setup. In this category I give Blu a 10/10

Now we'll look at battery life, likely the biggest short falling of the product in my own personal opinion. When you see Blu's adds and watch the videos on their site they make it seem like an excellent transition product for any smoker into the vamping world, allowing for all day vaping with no chance of being left with no vapor. This may be the case for a light or social smoker, who may tape for 10 to 15 minutes at a time (which is about how long a single batter actually lasts during use before you get the annoying 30 flashes telling you it's time to switch batteries. The charging pack provides a nice solution to this allowing you to swap batteries and charge the dead one while continuing to vape. Great, anyone who wasn't a pack or more a day smoker should get along well with these capabilities, but anyone who is a long time heavy smoker is never going to get along using this product without getting frustrated and left with no vapor at some point, hence reverting to analog cigarettes (isn't this something we want to avoid seeing that we made the switch?). Because of these shortcomings in battery life I have to give blu a measly 3/10 in this category. Light smokers jump on board but heavy smokers beware, within a week you will be back on analogs or at least looking for a better solution.

Lets look at the flavors that Blu provides. Though there are many companies that have dozens if not hundreds of flavors, Blu sticks specifically to products made by Johnson Creek, and these blends are proprietary. The blends used by Blu contain no propylene glycol, which many people see as a benefit, but if you look into the substance it is used in many things, and the big one Ive found is that it is used as a delivery method for the medicine in asthma inhalers so it can't be that bad. Anyway, Since these flavors are made with vegetable glycerin as a base, they have a much lighter flavor than that of the more advanced PG flavors, and a slightly softer throat hit. I personally love Blu's classic tobacco flavor, which many users complained that they could not buy the juice directly from Blu, however you can buy them from Johnson Creek the USA only company that makes the product under their Red Oak line of products. I haven't done so yet, but I plan to very soon. In the category of flavor I give Blu an 8/10, because the flavor is very tasty, however it does not deliver the heavy throat hit many users desire.

Last but not least lets look at vapor production. Though it can sometimes vary depending on the cartridge, overall, Blue delivers a fair amount of vapor, giving you a decent resemblance to the smoke you blow out with a cigarette. The only shortfall here I have found is that the production is much stronger during the first 10-20 hits on a new cartridge and gets less intense as you smoke it. Yes this is expected, however there really are nowhere near the projected 250 puffs to a single cartridge before it loses flavor and starts to taste burnt. I give blu a 6/10 in this category.

Overall for a transition product for the light smoker, Blu is a great choice and I would recommend it any day, however, for a heavy smoker, look into other products such as the Joye eGo-T or the Volcano e-Cigs inferno which I personally prefer and will be reviewing soon. I give Blue an overall score of 6.5 out of 10.

When I reach full member status I will post this review in the proper forum

I video reviewed this product on youtube as well:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread