Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I understand. Actually, what I do is remove the pod for carry around (that way if it leaks I wipe that off before it goes back in the device) If it leaks while in the device, now you have to clean both (and it can get into "auto draw")
Sorry but I don't agree. You're saying I should remove the pod from the mod and carry them separately? And carry paper towels around too?
That's what I was saying. It's a pod mod. It's meant to be carried around. If it can't be carried without leaking, then it should be tossed into the trash.
As I shared more than once: in a vape shop with my Provari Radius and a Kabuki tank atop, in my jacket pocket. Nowhere near a pod mod since it's heavy etc. But, it never leaked. The nice lady next to me liked the looks (not of me but of my mod sadly) so I asked about her mod. And she pulled from her purse a Sigelei something with a something on top. It was as wet as if it were raining. She was a bit embarrassed. Can't imagine what my pocket would have felt like.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
@newyork13 , I'm not trying to disagree with you... in fact (for the OP) if you can recommend a pod system that doesn't leak, then go for it. I was just giving general advice for anyone with a pod system. Yes, I remove the pod and carry paper towels (but that's just me) Personally, my carry around is a small Innokin EZ watt mod and an Aspire Nautilus X tank (never leaks)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
And carry paper towels around too?

;)

I remember those days. It used to be par for the course a decade ago when the industry was first transitioning from cigalikes to open tank systems and the designers were still experimenting. Some vape shops were even selling cute microfiber cloths--with or without their logo on them. I still have one from Kidney Puncher. :D

Ten years later, leaks of any kind are simply not acceptable or excusable anymore...pods, RBAs, squonkers, whatever.

If it leaks, I don't use it. Life is too short.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
@newyork13 , I'm not trying to disagree with you... in fact (for the OP) if you can recommend a pod system that doesn't leak, then go for it. I was just giving general advice for anyone with a pod system. Yes, I remove the pod and carry paper towels (but that's just me) Personally, my carry around is a small Innokin EZ watt mod and an Aspire Nautilus X tank (never leaks)
I have no problem with folks agreeing with me when I'm on the mark or disagreeing with me when I've totally screwed up, @vaper1960 my friend. It's just that for me, if I have to go through all that for a cheap little pod mod, then there's no point to the pod mod.
And as I think I mentioned, in my experience the Innokin Sceptre has never leaked a drop. I'll also say the the VooPoo Air IMHO has better flavor, but I cannot trust it to stay dry.
I have to choose dry, otherwise I have to line my pockets with plastic baggies.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Op, you sound like me. I have so much Vape gear. I’ve decided on a simpler setup and hope it works out with the Suorin Air Pro. Until then, I got a deal on salt nic disposables from my local BM that look like a USB stick. It does the job for only $2 and I don’t have to mess around with refills and charging bats.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Like many of you I have stocked up on squonkers and rebuildables against any future problems, but last Autumn I decided I'd simplify my vaping life, and so I bought an Innokin Sceptre, liked it so much I got two more in short order.

In November I'd to go to the other side of the country for minor surgery and expecting to be back in 10 days max I left my three Sceptres with well used coils filled and standing upright ready for use on my return.

The said minor surgey had some complications, my return was delayed and then Lockdown struck and it was five months til I could get back. On return all three Pods had leaked a small amount, but nothing that couldn't be sorted with a quick wipe with a crushed tissue.

In the interim back east I bought three more Sceptres and latterly used them as daily drivers.

I use both 50/50 and 70/30 liqids. In my experience Innokin's Sceptre coils do not leak until the coil is at the end of its (long) life, which in my case, is 6 weeks per coil. Ergo with a seven day set you will get through less than 2 packs of coils a year.

They will leak a bit if you leave then filled and upright for five months however.

These same coils will stand up to a few dry hits unlike Aspire's.

Apologies for the long post, but I have tried to answer the original question thoroughly, reporting my, admittedly unusual, experience.

Will I buy a final Sceptre to make up a 7 day set? Bet your life I will!

Last edited:

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
I have been vaping for years now, and have all sorts of paraphernalia from an Itaste to 200W box mods, kanger minis to Aegis Aero Tanks, and all kinds of stuff in between. Now I have always struggled with getting the "right" nicotine delivery that mimicked that of a cig, that is until they came out with Nic Salts. SO, ... I picked up a Nautalis AIO and tho I am quite happy with the flavor, the density, etc. etc. the problem is, it leaks. I have tried different pods, different coils, even a second AIO, but no, still eventually leaks. (never had this issue much before switching to nic salts as I vaped mostly 100% or high VG)

SO

Does anyone know of a good pod system that doesn't leak with the 50/50 ejuices that seem to be standard for most nic salts?
From experience. The Freemax Gemm 25 is a disposable pod/tank type that can fit on a 510 mod. Freemax maxpod (replaceable coils) and maxpod circle(non replaceable coils).
Univapo Miso and the Vapefly Manners. All good in my opinion

Adomizer

May 4, 2021
I vaped disposables, the JUUL, a Leaf one battery low watt box mod with premade coils, and my latest enjoyable pod system is the newest VUSE alto. I refilled the JUUL pods with high VG freebsse e-liquid. New JUUL pods can leak with nic salts. The watery freebsse liquid was worse. I took apart my VUSE alto pods and refilled them with each other, and so far the silicone gasket holds and the only liquid I see is from taking it apart. I am going to try high VG freebsse e-liquid next.

• Informative
Reactions: newyork13

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    The only pods I have not had leaking issues with are the Univapo Kipo and the Innokin Sceptre. I prefer the Kipo for small size. Coils lasts a long time with either one. I just changed the pod on the Kipo after one month of daily, heavy use. I dislike the button placement on the Sceptre but it does have replaceable coils, not just pod replacements.

Univapo | Innovative Vape Expert in Tank, Mod, Pod, Kit

Sceptre - Product | INNOKIN®

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I just finished reviewing a new Pod Mod from UWELL called the Havok that uses top air that enters through the pod itself and reaches the coils airflow that sits inside the pod, having a O- ring under the coils airflow intake makes it leakproof unless the O-ring fails. I just pulled the pod out for the heck of it to check since installing and after 12 or 15 tank fills it's as bone dry as when I put the pod in place. Because it's top fill using a sliding door you don't need to pull the pod until it's time for a coil change.

UWELL HAVOK V1 POD MOD REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

20210701_162513.jpg

20210705_143818.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I just finished reviewing a new Pod Mod from UWELL called the Havok that uses top air that enters through the pod itself and reaches the coils airflow that sits inside the pod, having a O- ring under the coils airflow intake makes it leakproof unless the O-ring fails. I just pulled the pod out for the heck of it to check since installing and after 12 or 15 tank fills it's as bone dry as when I put the pod in place. Because it's top fill using a sliding door you don't need to pull the pod until it's time for a coil change.

UWELL HAVOK V1 POD MOD REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

View attachment 948041

View attachment 948039

That looks nice, set up a little like the Thelema, not as wide. The Thelema is great but it does leak under the pod - I’ve never had it leak out though, or damage the mod. Just slimy inside. The Luxe Q stays bone dry, but it’s considerably smaller with less capacity.

• Love
    Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    That looks nice, set up a little like the Thelema, not as wide. The Thelema is great but it does leak under the pod - I’ve never had it leak out though, or damage the mod. Just slimy inside. The Luxe Q stays bone dry, but it’s considerably smaller with less capacity.
    I love the Luxe Q for it's size as well as flavor, being a 2 ml pod limits how far or how much time I can be away from a bottle of juice. The Thelema is great but as you said if not used constantly it can weep juice and for me it's a bit large for out and about in the summer. This little flavor monster's size is perfect for jeans pocket carry and the 4 ml pod allows me more time between refills.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread