Best chocolate.. as in DARK chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehvam

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
New York, NY
Hi again everyone, I've bought double chocolate from PA and the regular chocolate and I am having two issues.
The first is that they are not really "dark" chocolate in flavor.. you know like when you buy 80%cocoa chocolte? Thats what I'm looking for.
The second is, no matter how much I add to my mixes at 50/50 pg/vg, the chocolate remains a background flavor at most.
Any suggestions?

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Yah, I am having the same issues. In my latest effort to make chocolate mint, I bumped the PA Double Chocolate to 14% while using 4% Peppermint and EM to sweeten. At this level, the chocolate still doesn't seem to have that much flavor and I'm getting a dry sensation like I'm inhaling dry cocoa powder down my throat. I, like you, am using a fairly heavy PG/VG rataio (60/40). I sure hope someone here can give some good chocolate advice as I would love a good chocolate mint.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
FlavourArt has a Cocoa that may have the taste you're looking for.

Chocolates are more complex than just using a single chocolate flavoring. I actually mix 3 different chocolates from 3 different companies and add marshmallow for the dryness. Adding a small amount of raspberry or coconut will bring out the flavor quite a bit. I've worked on getting a good chocolate for over a year and a half and finally have one I love and can't put down. If you notice when you eat a chocolate candy bar there's a cool effect it leaves in your mouth. Adding a couple of drops of mint (Dutch Chocolate Mint for example) will make it feel more authentic. I also add EM and a bit of sweetener.

Prettycat191

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Plano, TX

Chocolates are more complex than just using a single chocolate flavoring. I actually mix 3 different chocolates from 3 different companies and add marshmallow for the dryness. Adding a small amount of raspberry or coconut will bring out the flavor quite a bit. I've worked on getting a good chocolate for over a year and a half and finally have one I love and can't put down. If you notice when you eat a chocolate candy bar there's a cool effect it leaves in your mouth. Adding a couple of drops of mint (Dutch Chocolate Mint for example) will make it feel more authentic. I also add EM and a bit of sweetener.

Can we get more details? Pretty Please?!?! I'll even put a cherry on top! :p

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas

Amen......chocolate is a tough nut to crack.

Try PA's Dbl Dark Choc; it has great chocolate taste and holds up to flavors you have to add to get what makes chocolate....chocolate.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Yah, I am having the same issues. In my latest effort to make chocolate mint, I bumped the PA Double Chocolate to 14% while using 4% Peppermint and EM to sweeten. At this level, the chocolate still doesn't seem to have that much flavor and I'm getting a dry sensation like I'm inhaling dry cocoa powder down my throat. I, like you, am using a fairly heavy PG/VG rataio (60/40). I sure hope someone here can give some good chocolate advice as I would love a good chocolate mint.

Tracker....instead of using peppermint, try creme de menth. It, imo, takes care of that dry sensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread