Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
like you, i add coconut to my chocolate..not enough so you taste it, but it seems to round out that flavor.. vanilla helps a little with chocolate as well

TPA raspberry goes well with TPA double chocolate, add a little vanilla or i mix it with Belgian Waffle...

but any combo still beats the Dekang chocolate/coffee mixture i started with in Berkeley.CA this year..lol

Ahhh, you were out in my neck of the woods. Berkeley is a strange place, glad I don't live there. I may be moving to Austin sometime this spring or summer. I hear it's not as humid as Houston??

Yep, coconut is very good in chocolate. I also like to use 1/2 LorAnn Mint Chocolate Chip and 1/2 Double Chocolate. It makes a nice mellow chocolate mint. If you eat a chocolate bar you'll notice that is has a cool effect in your mouth. I'll sometimes add a small amount of peppermint or even Koolada to get that same effect if I'm making a candy chocolate.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Cinnamon is very good in chocolate . Not a lot but it gives it a richer taste .

The tip i can give with chocolates is dont over do it and be patient . I almost never go higher the 4% on any chocolate in a mix . They are not going to taste perfect right away .You have to give it time to get there . Leave the mix uncappped for a couple days and will be completely different .

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I love chocolate too... I'll have to try the raspberry and coffee tricks. I've been doing the custard thing already (sort of). I've been doing TPA double choc. clear at around 12% with about 2% vanilla bean ice cream. I really like the way it tastes, and I often mix some of that with one of my tobacco blends.

I agree about the cinnamon too. I got some of the Cap. CDS recently, and have enjoyed adding a tiny bit of it to my chocolate mixes.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I like my chocolates really strong so I add a lot more than you Str8 but the Marshmallow softens it. For a good Mexican Hot Chocolate try a little Cinnamon Danish Swirl with the chocolate or Fudge Brownie. For me the chocolate flavor has to be on the high end and the other flavors fairly low or they will weaken the chocolate too much. Also I've been adding as much as 1mL per 30mL of EM (10% suspended in PG) and that gives it the sweet, candy flavor.

Awhile back I added a drop of Health Cabin Milk and it was addictive. If you do this be very careful because more than that and it will gag you. It's a VERY strong flavor. I want to experiment with the HC cream one of these days.

There are a lot of recipes that adding a little chocolate will bring out the other flavors. Banana Nut Bread is one of them. Who'd of thought? Remember, flavorings are molecules so adding a flavor is the same as if you were adding those individual molecules to the mix. Raspberry is a single molecule and when we get really advanced maybe we can start working with those and really save some money!

We all have to share what we learn because that's what this forum is about....right Str8?!?! ;)

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Excellent advice gooddog, thank you! We're (us noobs) are really lucky that a few of you vets have joined us and are helping us along as we trip down diy lane. I, for one appreciate it more than I can say :)

I got my third order of capellas today...so many flavors I'm having trouble deciding what to do next, which of course is preferable to where I was sitting a short time ago...tons of flavors but nothing worth vaping! lol! Just vaped the last of my van. custard and though I was tempted to mix more, decided to do cds...OMG!!! Understated....not a strong flavor, but balanced and so tasty! Man those folks know what they're doing. Whoever their chemist is, however much money he makes, deserves a raise. Decided on that one because I could just add it to the same emdcc I'd been vaping the custard w/a touch of pumpkin pie spice with and the flavors combine beautifully :)

One thing I'm sorely lacking (for MY tastes) is a good 'cream'. Saw your mention of HC...the idea of ordering from China doesn't appeal to me at present. Any others you recommend?

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Thanks :) The only other cream flavor I've seen is from FA. I haven't tried them, or if I did don't remember, other than the Whipped Cream and it was a very light flavor. I went on a quest to find a good dairy base, even as far as working with a chemist at one of the major flavoring companies, but never did find anything I liked.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Thanks :) The only other cream flavor I've seen is from FA. I haven't tried them, or if I did don't remember, other than the Whipped Cream and it was a very light flavor. I went on a quest to find a good dairy base, even as far as working with a chemist at one of the major flavoring companies, but never did find anything I liked.

Sigh...ya, I've tried whipped cream and sweet cream in passing...might have to get serious about it once (IF!) I get caught up testing all these new Capella flavors :)

Speaking of which... had a half a tank of coffee extraction sitting here that I'd set aside because of all the new flavors coming in, and a few days ago I mixed a small bottle of choc. brownie (very good!) at 10% and thought what the heck...so I added the brownie to the coffee in the tank....heaven........tastes like a really good dark chocolate!

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
i just mixed up a batch of Vanilla cupcake from FW(very weak flavor but tasty), by adding a touch of vanilla nut and chocolate fudge brownie to the mixture, it made the cupcake flavor pop out more...it doesnt come through in the vape but adds a richer flavor...

i first dripped it,,very tasty flavor....now i am using it in a carto that previously had a raspberry/chocolate mixture...now it tastes like a vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling inside of it...glad i dont have to pick the seeds out of my teeth for this one..lol

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I like my chocolates really strong so I add a lot more than you Str8 but the Marshmallow softens it. For a good Mexican Hot Chocolate try a little Cinnamon Danish Swirl with the chocolate or Fudge Brownie. For me the chocolate flavor has to be on the high end and the other flavors fairly low or they will weaken the chocolate too much. Also I've been adding as much as 1mL per 30mL of EM (10% suspended in PG) and that gives it the sweet, candy flavor.

Awhile back I added a drop of Health Cabin Milk and it was addictive. If you do this be very careful because more than that and it will gag you. It's a VERY strong flavor. I want to experiment with the HC cream one of these days.

There are a lot of recipes that adding a little chocolate will bring out the other flavors. Banana Nut Bread is one of them. Who'd of thought? Remember, flavorings are molecules so adding a flavor is the same as if you were adding those individual molecules to the mix. Raspberry is a single molecule and when we get really advanced maybe we can start working with those and really save some money!

We all have to share what we learn because that's what this forum is about....right Str8?!?! ;)

Exactly , We can all improve at a rapid pace if we team together and share what we learn . I just made the best reeces PB cup i ever tasted . Better than any vendors version iv tried . Tastes like i put pb cups in a blender and bottled it . My chocolates are usually really strong at 4% . That 4% is in mixes with a few flavors though where the highest flavor s around 6% . Anymore chocolate would overpower the rest .

I love the feeling of making juices that are easily equal to the best juice vendors out there . At first i didnt think it was possible but now im pumping out one after another .

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I just found out if you mix Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Coconut you get a perfect dark chocolate Mounds Bar!!!

I think you should post your Malty Toffee recipe. Mostly DIYers will see it and they wouldn't be the majority of their customers anyway, plus vendors don't do us any favors. Just name it something else.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I just found out if you mix Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Coconut you get a perfect dark chocolate Mounds Bar!!!

I think you should post your Malty Toffee recipe. Mostly DIYers will see it and they wouldn't be the majority of their customers anyway, plus vendors don't do us any favors. Just name it something else.

Good point . If you think about recent flavors i tried im sure you already know the ingredients in malty toffee . Iv even hinted to it in one thread . The answers are all out there ,im just making it hard to get since after all it is one of the best juices ever made lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread