Best Cartos/Attys for Buzz Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Sheesh...really bad memory I have. I was doing math for 6 for $5 and it's 5 for $6. I need to write EVERYTHING down or it's lost. :( Getting old SUCKS...I don't recommend it! ;)

I've always thought all cartos are disposable? It's kinda strange they actually differentiate these as being so.

Too late, I'm already there!

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Thanks for the link Keys, I haven't seen the XL boges either!

Hificat, I personally love the Fusions and they are great in a tank :)

Max, thank you for pointing out another great carto from Ikenvape! I tend to get tunnel vision and zero in on what works for me...I need to adventure more LOL

Morning Bovinia. I will say the one problem I've had with the Fusions that I haven't had with Resurrectors is that the Fusions seem kind of hard to fill. I loaded one with some 60%VG OMG liquid from Kick Bass Vapor, and it seems to want to lay on top of the poly even after you give it multiple thermometer shakes. It does eventually soak in, but it takes awhile. Once it's in it seems to wick fine.

Do you have any tricks for filling them easier, or do you just fill them the standard way?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Morning Bovinia. I will say the one problem I've had with the Fusions that I haven't had with Resurrectors is that the Fusions seem kind of hard to fill. I loaded one with some 60%VG OMG liquid from Kick Bass Vapor, and it seems to want to lay on top of the poly even after you give it multiple thermometer shakes. It does eventually soak in, but it takes awhile. Once it's in it seems to wick fine.

Do you have any tricks for filling them easier, or do you just fill them the standard way?

Hifi, the Fusions are not quite as friendly to high percentage VG liquids sadly. I generally mix my DIY around 70PG and 30VG and have to do the thermo shakes you mentioned. I don't have any other tricks but once I get one filled, I let it rest for about 30 mins before I vape it. Isaac has them made with a very tight wrap on the filler, it's one of the things that make them so good...but hard on VG users.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Hifi, the Fusions are not quite as friendly to high percentage VG liquids sadly. I generally mix my DIY around 70PG and 30VG and have to do the thermo shakes you mentioned. I don't have any other tricks but once I get one filled, I let it rest for about 30 mins before I vape it. Isaac has them made with a very tight wrap on the filler, it's one of the things that make them so good...but hard on VG users.

I don't make a habit out of vaping VG stuff, but I tried the OMG at 60% VG (the other option is 70% PG). I'm still pretty new to this, so I tend to be like a kid in a candy store when it comes to juice. I have LOTS of 6ml and 10ml bottles. When I hit something I really like, I go order 2- 30ml. In the case of the OMG from Kick Bass, I ordered another 30 of 60% VG, and also ordered a 30 of 70% PG.

I wonder if the Fusions might fill better with a syringe? Also, I bet they would be awesome with a tank, just because the filler is so tight. I tried a Chibi at one point, but didn't care for it. It was kind of a headache to fill, and the first 3 drags I took from it gave me 3 good sized shots of warm juice in my mouth. Done and done. Took it off, and later when I had a chance I scavenged as much juice as I could out of it, and threw it out. I am considering trying again with the M1A1 though. It looks REALLY easy to fill. will Fusions fit in it? I'm thinking the tight pack would prevent flooding.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I agree with Mark and I love the Fusions in my tanks. I have a caramel cookie recipe that doesn't play nice with my Fusions ( the caramel tends to gum up the insides) so I use the Boges for that juice.

I DIY, but I had a friend send me some OMG to try and it was pretty good. Just remember that most any juice that is very dark or sweet usually clogs a carto quicker. I'm not saying not to use them, just be aware so that you don't think you are doing something wrong :)

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Sounds like I am in the right place to ask this question. Not trying to Hijack.

I have just ordered my DIY stuff, I have a Liquinator tank. I want to start punching my own Cart's and pick up a VV.

So I am basically asking the same thing as hificat101 with a twist.

I currently have a Bullet with stacked CR123a and it does seem too hot so I think a VV is my next best step. Boge 3.0 seems to work well.

I am picking up 100% PG 48% nic base but will cut with some VG and or PG as I have both.

I tend to like Chocolates, Carmels, and coffee.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
  • Deleted by classwife

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
The tanks I leave to the experts ! , VV will make the hot disappear ! it give YOU control over your vape

I believe the fresh hot batteries are well over 6V. Without the tank I likely would have smoked more cartos rather than just scorched them. Particularly since I run about 60% VG but now I can change that ratio.

Now I want to tone it down some and try to get more flavor. Seems there was some discussion about Carto's and thick juice so hoping for more guidance there. Really hoping to dial in some flavor and cut down on the NIC.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
We kind of got off topic a bit on the juice and the Fusion cartos. I had purchased some Fusions, and was asking Bovina who recommended them to me, if she had experienced what I had when filling them.

As for voltage, the Buzz Pro is a regulated device, so you won't be getting 6v. It tops out at 5.5 and goes down to 3.4 I believe. It is as easy as adjusting a dial. That sounds like what you are looking to do. Be able to make adjustments for flavor.

That being said, a Buzz Pro, or Infinity Pro may be just the ticket for you.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Duek, if you are scorching your cartos and juice at 6v then you are definitely not getting the best vape experience. Before I got my first Buzz (a little over a year ago) I was using a mod that would give me 3.7 or 6v depending on what batteries I used. 3.7 was too wimpy, 6v was way too hot for me...and my cartos. I was and still do use good old Boge 3.0 as well as the Fusions.

When I got my original Buzz I couldn't believe the difference being able to set my voltage made! My personal preference is between 4.2 to 4.6ish, depending on what flavor I'm vaping. My cartos last longer, I can taste the true flavor of my juices and I can easily bump it up or down a notch. I have a Liquinator and one of Notcigs M1A1 tanks and love them both. My M1A1 has the fill port and screw, which makes refilling quick and easy with a syringe.

Now I have my original Buzz, original Infinity and 2 BuzzPros :)

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
I wonder if the Fusions might fill better with a syringe? Also, I bet they would be awesome with a tank, just because the filler is so tight. I tried a Chibi at one point, but didn't care for it. It was kind of a headache to fill, and the first 3 drags I took from it gave me 3 good sized shots of warm juice in my mouth. Done and done. Took it off, and later when I had a chance I scavenged as much juice as I could out of it, and threw it out. I am considering trying again with the M1A1 though. It looks REALLY easy to fill. will Fusions fit in it? I'm thinking the tight pack would prevent flooding.

I've had success using 50% and 60% VG in my tank with Fusions. After filling first with a syringe, the fusion seems to absorb the juice better from the tank. And your right, the M1A1 is really easy to fill if you use a syringe. Not so much with a juice bottle.

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Duek, if you are scorching your cartos and juice at 6v then you are definitely not getting the best vape experience. Before I got my first Buzz (a little over a year ago) I was using a mod that would give me 3.7 or 6v depending on what batteries I used. 3.7 was too wimpy, 6v was way too hot for me...and my cartos. I was and still do use good old Boge 3.0 as well as the Fusions.

When I got my original Buzz I couldn't believe the difference being able to set my voltage made! My personal preference is between 4.2 to 4.6ish, depending on what flavor I'm vaping. My cartos last longer, I can taste the true flavor of my juices and I can easily bump it up or down a notch. I have a Liquinator and one of Notcigs M1A1 tanks and love them both. My M1A1 has the fill port and screw, which makes refilling quick and easy with a syringe.

Now I have my original Buzz, original Infinity and 2 BuzzPros :)
Sounds like you know my delima from experience. I have no problem with the Liquinator design..... just spelling it.

I like the fact the Buzz Pro uses CR123a bats as those are easy to find in many stores. I find the two sets that I have are lasting less and less time. I can not find the 18650 to even try the Bullet at 3.7 V.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread