BBC: smoking to be banned outside UK pubs, smokers should use e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Seems like good news, on the surface, that they are recommending vaping products over smoking in these locations.

I see it as way to get control of how vaping products ought to be used, and to attempt to rid society of all smoking products in public domain. Once that is accomplished, and perception is very few are smoking, then time to roll out same rhetoric as to why no "normal" person ought to be using these vapor things in public. One day, the quote from the article could read as:

"We believe that banning vaping in these locations via an exclusion zone could further denormalise smoking and vaping, ensuring that it is seen as an abnormal activity and potentially, prevent children and young people from beginning in the future."

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
It's all about a minority using legal force and coercion to control the minions. Now days they are quite explicit about controlling our children, whether we like it or not, to create their vision of a sanitized future society. They're using the schools to clone themselves, particularly at the university level. I feel like I'm living in a 21st-century version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

At first sight, an intelligent reader should ask, "Since when are children hanging out watching adults at pubs?" And, "Since inhaling other, illegal substances has been sufficiently denormalized for decades, are thousands children no longer getting on to it?" Oh, and "Instead of worrying about what children might do with their bodies in the future, shouldn't we focus on teaching them math, reading, writing or something?"

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Makes me laugh that they say smoking needs to be seen as abnormal when it clearly just isn't. Its like people think if you say something enough you change the reality of the situation.

I can see a dark future when the only opinions that matter are those of middle class mothers

Well I'm a middle class mom and I've got your back. There are probably lots more like me, at least I hope so.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I can see a dark future when the only opinions that matter are those of middle class mothers
I would rephrase that as...
"where the only opinions that matter are those trying to protect us all" from whatever.

The extent to which your phrasing and my phrasing differ is open for debate.
But the point remains the same.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread