Back to analogs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Thanks about all the advice about mixing my own, but I'm not quite bold enough to try that yet. I tried to buy some VG about a year ago for something quite different and got quite a lot of uncomfortable questions about it -- they seemed to think I wanted it for some druggie purpose (what can I say, it's kind of a backwoods area where anything that isn't on the shelf and bought by 99.99% of the customers must be radical).

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Straight Glycerin USP (aka VG) is sold in most pharmacies (Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart), shouldn't get any strange looks. It is labeled Glycerin USP, typically also says "Skin Protectant", (the official use of it), and the ingredients should just say Glycerin 99.5% (or higher %), with possibly "(Anhydrous)" -- that's all it should state for ingredients. It's typically in the topical area, near where you see isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, etc. Tell the clerk or pharmacist you're looking for Glycerin USP skin protectant and they should find it. $4 - $6 for a 6 ounce clear plastic bottle of it.

Thin it at about 4 parts glycerin to 1 part water with normal distilled water from a grocery store.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to DIY, but if you ever decide to it should be very easy to get glycerin.

Last edited:

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
Tractor Supply sells 1gal of pure PG for 25 bucks http://http://www.tractorsupply.com/livestock-health/other-livestock-health-products/ideal-animal-health-propylene-glycol-u-s-p-1-gal--2209731 as well as most Livestock supply / feed stores. It is USP grade and i have used it for mixing for a long time now and had no issues. You can read the forums for extracting nicotine from regular tobacco if you wanted to add nic or just put some flavoring in a vape zero nic until you can get some........

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Well, I almost did the same thing as you as well. I did get online and order more and paid that extra for priority shipping.
What I have learned over the first 30 days, is order more juice, small sizes (to try the flavors) and from different vendors.
The second thing....what I liked 2 weeks ago, is not so great today. Our taste buds are changing, is what everyone is saying.
So my last thoughts to you, get on that computer, find another vendor to try, order a couple more various flavors and get them on the way as well.
You will use them or even mix them with some of the others.
Keep the faith!

tlynn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Austin, Tx
On Thursday (9th), I received an e-mail with the tracking number for that order. USPS's Track and Confirm page says they were electronically notified the package would be shipped. Nothing more. E-mails to the vendor have received only "we're not responsible for transit time" replies.

USPS does not always update tracking in a timely manner.

JupiterV

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Since most of us have to rely on internet sites for our shopping, many of us have learned to stock up on both hardware & juices so that we don't get caught short - and some of us, like me, tend to overdue it. I currently have 30 batteries

30 Batteries??? WOW and I thought I was bad!! Feels good though doesn't it?? that you won't be caught short.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
We don't have a mall here, at least not what you'd call a real mall with a variety of shops. We do, however, have 14 discount tobacco shops (two of which are trying to be head shops, but they have to tread lightly because of state and local laws). I've checked all of them, and struck out.

Hopefully, it'll only be a few days.

if i am not mistaken, pure vapes is located in kentucky. he is very prompt with filling orders and has been known to make emergency runs. you'll find pure vapes at the suppliers' forum
good luck

-Linda

Aug 1, 2010
California
I also had a rough start with vaping and for some time I pretty much gave up and thought that vaping wasn't going to happen for me. The troubles I had were different from yours, I had plenty to vape, I just wasn't using high enough nic, so I stayed with analogs and then tried again months later. What I am about to type seems as though it isn't evening coming from me; I haven't had nor have I wanted to have an anolog since July 2nd, 2010. I still can't believe it. Stay with it though, in the beginning I vaped and then I smoked then I vaped and smoked and I remember consciously not setting any rules for myself, I also remember how much cleaner I felt vaping.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I also remember how much cleaner I felt vaping.

I've already found that to be true. That's actually one of my top reasons for switching to a PV -- I'm repainting my apartment, and the sludge I'm washing off the walls has convinced me I have to do something different.

My second major reason is cost. I'm tired of funding government waste.

Health issues are far down on my list.

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Hello -

My first post. I am also waiting for some new juice to come - I think they screwed up the order because it has been 10 days now... I did contact them and they replied saying they would look into it. This is a well know and valued vendor here so I guess that isn't business as usual. Anyway, I bought Smoketips and got them I think Dec 1st (or close to). I was smart for a change and bought about 20 add'l cartos - and I did get in on their 2 for 1 kit offer for Thanksgiving too - so in these kits I got add'l 5 carto's ea. I am down to my last 10 and I will reorder. The juice I've ordered is to try to refill these carto's and I am really looking forward to doing that - and try some different flavors too. I have not given up analogs yet, I have cut down though. I am beginning to like the vapeing better than the smoking but I think I need a higher level of nic to be totally comfortable. Smoketips only go as high as 16 or 18 - so the new stuff is higher and that should help. OK, my final message here is - don't sweat it, if you have to smoke, smoke and when your juice comes in pick it up from there. I really think that when we have our vape dialed in then the analogs will stop. Sorry about you're having to wait - it is tough, I know.

Good Luck
Alisa

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
We don't have a mall here, at least not what you'd call a real mall with a variety of shops. We do, however, have 14 discount tobacco shops (two of which are trying to be head shops, but they have to tread lightly because of state and local laws). I've checked all of them, and struck out.

Hopefully, it'll only be a few days.
Hey Fant! Good to meet another Kentuckian... don't know where in the bluegrass you're located, but here's a few local options... Vapor-Stix has a brick and mortor store located in Richmond, Pure Vapes is located in Louisville, and Bluegrass Vapor is located in Henderson. Hope that helps some. Oh... Stop by the Kentucky's Bluegrass Vapers sub-forum too (not to be confused with the vender)... We hold get togethers in Louisville and Lexington. Would love to have you join us sometime!

Willriker

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
CT, USA
Ahhh, Kentucky.

I was there on an interview once in Lexington. It was for a company names Belcan. Perhaps i am weird but i thought it was funny that one of their major selling points is that they are actually located inside a high rize lol. If you dont know it, i understand. It is tucked away.

But yeah Lexington is a very pretty place. It makes where i live look like WWII is still going on. But yeah, Hot Browns freakin rule!

heheh, it sounds like you have a few manufacturer's located in state. Chances are that one is within driving range. I would check one of them out. As far as i know, up here in CT we only have middlemen. So, i would pay more if i went to one of them than the internet. It sure is nice to have an option to go directly to the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread