Back to analogs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I ordered a KR8 kit and some extra cartos on Sunday (the 5th). They were shipped the next day and arrived quickly. Great!

Because of my cirsumstances, I couldn't give up analogs entirely (still needed them for when both batteries were dead, for when I was in the bathtub, and for when I needed a methol fix), but they decreased from 3+ PAD to 6-9 analogs a day.

I ordered some blank cartos and ejuice on Monday (6th) from a different supplier because the vendor from which I ordered the hardware doesn't have a wide variety of flavors. On Thursday (9th), I received an e-mail with the tracking number for that order. USPS's Track and Confirm page says they were electronically notified the package would be shipped. Nothing more. E-mails to the vendor have received only "we're not responsible for transit time" replies.

Now all the cartos are dead, and I've used up all the e-juice I could squeeze out of used cartridges from a previous attempt at switching to a PV.

On Monday (13th) I ordered ejuice from another vendor, and today I got the USPS e-mail telling me that package hit their processing center Tuesday (14th), but there's no clue as to when it might arrive (tomorrow, Saturday, Valentine's Day?).

I've looked everywhere in town, and no one sells ejuice or reasonably priced cartridges I could scavange for juice.

So it's back to analogs until one or the other (or both) of my orders arrives. :(

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Welcome to ECF and hang with it.

There are a ton of reasonably priced, big batt mods out there - get one, extra batts and charger.
Also look into a passthru for your atty/carto style (uses the USB port on PC or from wall adapter)
Lots of vendors (listed right on ECF) that sell lots of ejuice at reasonable prices - especially in large/bulk 100ml+
MyFreedomSmokes goes all the way up to 500ml for like $60.

Vaping isn't quite as "easy" as grabbing the pack and matches but trust me, in a few weeks with some supplies, practice and a little carry bag, you'll never be without your vape fix!!!

mle

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Colorado
You might want to order some extra batts or maybe check out a big battery PV - the PigCig and the Elegant are both threaded for 808 cartos and have received some pretty good reviews. In my experience, shipping has been pretty quick - look around the reviews of suppliers and check out which ones have a reputation for fast shipping. There are a lot of holiday sales going on, you might want to stock up on liquid so that you don't have a problem with running out again. Good luck!

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Since most of us have to rely on internet sites for our shopping, many of us have learned to stock up on both hardware & juices so that we don't get caught short - and some of us, like me, tend to overdue it. I currently have well over 60 attys, 30 batteries, 6 or 7 battery chargers, dozens of PVs, and about 2500ml of my favorite juices on hand, in addition to enough DIY stuff to make another 1000ml. Most of this stuff I acquired in bulk buys when I found good sales. Anyway, stick it out, and build yourself a little stash to get you by..... And, don't give up. I've been analog free over 6 months & am feeling great.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Thanks for the commisserations.

Since 72% of my smoking is done while at the computer, I ordered a passthrough as well as ejuice on the last order.

I'm afraid I can't use a bigger (as in larger diameter) battery. Most of my smoking is due to the ritual of taking a puff (the momentary pause focuses me, clears my thoughts, etc.), and I can't hold anything larger than a normal cigarette between my fingers in the right way.

Actually, upon reflection, this contratemps shouldn't surprise or alarm me. It's always been my experience that if things are going without a hitch, it's only because I'm speeding towards a disaster. Only when there have been hiccups along the way has the end been glorious.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the commisserations.

Since 72% of my smoking is done while at the computer, I ordered a passthrough as well as ejuice on the last order.

I'm afraid I can't use a bigger (as in larger diameter) battery. Most of my smoking is due to the ritual of taking a puff (the momentary pause focuses me, clears my thoughts, etc.), and I can't hold anything larger than a normal cigarette between my fingers in the right way.

Actually, upon reflection, this contratemps shouldn't surprise or alarm me. It's always been my experience that if things are going without a hitch, it's only because I'm speeding towards a disaster. Only when there have been hiccups along the way has the end been glorious.

Thank goodness for the hiccups! lol (I loved that analogy) =)

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I am in the same boat right now. On my last few drops of juice, all my carts are dead and my order wont be in till Monday ... im kinda freaking but i refuse to go back to analogs....

Best of luck to you!

18 months ago I was in Vegas and two vendors were selling e-cigs in Kiosks at the little shoppong plaza by M&M world. They had bottles of juice. Might be pricey but would get you by till your order showed up

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
In a pinch you could get some USP vegetable glycerin at a pharmacy, and perhaps find some Lorann flavorings locally. Wouldn't provide you any nicotine, but you could vape it. Also some snus or Nicorettes might get you over the hump until your supplies arrive. But I have been paranoid about running out of supplies since Day 1, so I tend to always be overstocked.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
You may try your local mall and possibly call around to your local tobacco stores and see if the sell juice! possibly a local head shop as ive heard some are selling them now! Hope you find some relief soon! Good luck!

We don't have a mall here, at least not what you'd call a real mall with a variety of shops. We do, however, have 14 discount tobacco shops (two of which are trying to be head shops, but they have to tread lightly because of state and local laws). I've checked all of them, and struck out.

Hopefully, it'll only be a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread