Aspire Nautilus AIO [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashy

Aug 26, 2018
Well, I received my Nautilus AIO a couple of days ago, & i am quite disappointed.
Everything was going great, until I had to refill the pod for the 2nd time.

The juice just seems to get stuck in the filling hole. It just blocks up there & overflows around it.
What an absolute pain in the ..... Messier than any of my other tanks; the K1, the Nautilus Mini, the Triton Mini.

I had high hopes for the Nautilus AIO, & i was even planning on buying a couple more to give to others to get them started on their vaping journey, however I can not at all recommend it now.

Am I seriously doing something wrong??? Are all of my EXTREMELY COMMON, STANDARD squishy bottles the wrong thing to be filling this with?

Crikey.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Hashy

Aug 26, 2018
Yeah, you really need a needle-tip bottle for it - or a syringe. They missed a trick there.

The Spryte's just the same.
Yeah, you're right.
I just found some different bottle types I bought months ago & never used, which have a longer point, which does a better job of getting into the fill hole.

I'm still annoyed, but I have a solution that works. I'll eat part of my hat, & use the rest to mop up this mess around the pod.

Reactions: brewbear

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
Thank you for the information. We will pass your suggestion to our products development department.
Here are some suggestion for your reference:1.You can try a longer needle-tip bottle to fill the pod. 2.And while using, it will produce oil slick in the pod, before filling, you try can blow through the filling hole first, then fill the pod.

sanda

Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I've had the same issue with filling. I'm using a needle tip bottle now but it's annoying that we have to. Such an easy thing to get right - how did it ever get to production?

I have bigger problems with mine though. I've had it about a week, and it has destroyed a 5 port Anker charger. I've been using this charger for lots of different devices for a couple of years but as soon as I plugged in the Nautilus, it broke the port. Three of the five ports are now dead. The other 2 ports are still working. However, when I plugged it in to charge tonight, it won't charge at all - no lights come on. That same port still works to charge my phone. I've also tried another wall charger and a power bank without luck. I just hope I haven't damaged them as well.

Despite that, I still like the device for vaping. If they could fix the filling and the charging issues, I'd happily make this my all day device (at work). I'm a MTL vaper coming from a Nautilus, but I wanted something smaller - this fits the bill. I also wish it had some adjustability - 12W is slightly under powerered for my liking (prefer 12.5). I've only tried the standard 1.8 ohm coil so far - maybe one of the others will be better.

I have sent a message on their website about my charging issues. I purchased it directly from them so hopefully I'll get a response.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
@sanda that sounds pretty iffy - I hope you can replace it without fuss. If your charger worked with other devices, it should have been ok with the Nautilus. (I think it expects a standard 5V input).

Oh and I agree about adjustability - it is a nice vape, but I'd like to be able to give it a nudge now and again. Still, it's been my work vape for about a month now and seems to be holding up.

Hashy

Aug 26, 2018
@sanda that's disappointing. I hope a warranty return goes okay.

After getting past the filling issues, I'm enjoying the device as well. I just hope that Aspire takes our grievances into account for the future if they do a reiteration of the Nautilus AIO.
The sad thing is, Nautilus seems to have a great reputation, I would hate for this device to be the thing to tarnish that, despite there hardly being a scrap of metal in the AIO..

sanda

Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks to both of you. Yes - hopefully I'll get a response from them.

I would think the filling issue could be fixed by changing it to an oval shaped hole. Sounds easy but i guess it would cost a bit.

The overall quality feels low compared to their other devices. But, I actually like the fact that it's so light. A little metal here and there wouldn't hurt though (more like the breeze probably - I don't have one to compare though)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

sanda

Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Just another thought. I have tried almost every pod system that has been released recently (maybe about 15 of them) and in my opinion this is the best vape of them all. The spryte isn't bad but the condensation annoys me. And i like the form factor of this one more.

I'd been waiting for a small AIO device that uses Nautilus coils so I was pretty excited when I saw this. I'm hoping i just got unlucky.

Ash Jr

Sep 22, 2018
Malaysia
Interesting. What type of bottle do you use? And what is the vg/pg ratio of the juice? Mine is 50/50 and the bottle has a very fine tip. I've tried it at various angles. It works occasionally if i clear the path first with a paper towel but usually it just overflows straight away.
hi Sanda, I use 50/50 and 60/40 juice and same bottle like you used. Sometimes this is really confusing why some user had issues and why others not even using the same method.

• Agree

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
For me, not every refill spills. If I were to stand the pod upside down and let the residual liquid succumb to gravity, it would probably work. But when I just take out the bung, stick in the needle, tilt & squeeze, it's 50/50 as to whether things stay dry. I normally use 60-70% PG liquid in mine.

Sorry - that probably sounded a bit… off!

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I wonder if anyone has tried to drill out that second bung hole for easier filling. I don't have one, yet, so I don't even know if it would be feasible.
Good thought, but that end of the rubber bung is finicky as :censored: to put back in. And if it's not as snug a fit as the business end, it might have a 'little accident'.

Aspire_Tina

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Fuyong,Baoan,China
Just another thought. I have tried almost every pod system that has been released recently (maybe about 15 of them) and in my opinion this is the best vape of them all. The spryte isn't bad but the condensation annoys me. And i like the form factor of this one more.

I'd been waiting for a small AIO device that uses Nautilus coils so I was pretty excited when I saw this. I'm hoping i just got unlucky.

Hello Sanda,
Thank you so much for the suggestion.We have passed all of your suggestion to our products development department, they will go into your suggestion,if the suggestion can be achieved in our next new product

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your sincere suggestion

Best Regards
Aspire Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread