Asking for Infinity connector advice......

Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I'm planning on buying an Infinity for my wife's birthday in a week or so. I got to thinking about which type of connector I should order. Most everything we currently have is 510, but I've been noticing that many times when I can't find CE2's or polyfill cartos of the 510 ilk, I can get them in the 808 configuration. I'm wondering if I should order the Infinity with the 901 conn. and also order the two adapters (901-510 and 901-808) or just stick with the 510 conn.
My wife is not "mechanically impaired" so I'm not concerned about her being able to match up the adapters with the different atties or cartos. I also wonder if there is any difference in the performance of say an 808 vs a 510 carto or atty. I've lived a sheltered life and only used 510 devices.
I'd appreciate any input or advice from Infinity users as to what you feel would be the best option.
Thanking you in advance for your help...... horton

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Buzzkill, your candor is so refreshing..... I thank you for your honest opinion. I've only used 510 type conns, hence I have nothing to compare them to. Perhaps it's time to experience other types of conns.
5card..... I have noticed comments about the center post and have had a few problems of my own with them. I was lucky enough to be able to "cajole" them back into position for better contact, but I agree with you.
I thank you both for your help...... this will make my ordering decision much easier..... horton

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thank you for the warm welcome to the farm, Bo...... I truly do find Mike's brutal honesty extremely refreshing. To me, it's better to not mince words than dance around an issue just to be "politically" correct. And it's time for us (my wife and me) to take a look at other conns, so why not jump in with the purchase of the Infinity with the 901 conn and a couple of adapters? Plus, my wife will be doing the experimenting....lol. I'm busy playing with a 4050 board and a dig pot. So far, no explosions.
Now I just need to make a few changes to the shopping cart and I'll be set to place the order.
Again, I thank everyone for their honest input and Mike, please don't change..... tell it like it is!!!!!

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Well, I "pulled the trigger" today and placed an order for a black Infinity with a 901 conn per Mike's oh so gentle advice.....lol. Of course I got the adapters as well as a supply of extra batteries. I hope this makes a nice happy birthday gift for her, if not, I'll give her Mike's email addy and tell her he made me do it.
Now I guess it's time to sit down and shine my mailman stalking shoes. Our mailman is a great fellow..... he knows I'm always waiting for packages and if he sees one for me, he'll alter his route and deliver here first so I get my goodies before he starts delivering the whole subdivision. He even brings the boxes up to the door, even though most will fit in the mailbox. That's service or maybe he doesn't want me bugging him all the time!! He's not a smoker or I'd be working on "converting" him to vaping.
Seriously though, I truly appreciate everyone's opinion and help on deciding the best way to go. horton ---- out

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks, 5card..... I think she will like it as well. I have a different VVPV (won't mention vendor) and it's a bit too heavy for her, so that is my only concern. I used the dimensions off the site and made a little "mock up" model of it for her out of 80# paper to see how it fit her hand. Weight was a little difficult to emulate, but I put a couple of DuraCells in the tube I made just to try and get some idea of the heft -- I know this was not to exact dimension, but close enough. Not like she's a 98# weakling, but she is a heavy vaper, so holding it for a long period of time is a factor.
I just know this will do the trick and she will love it.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks, 5card..... I think she will like it as well. I have a different VVPV (won't mention vendor) and it's a bit too heavy for her, so that is my only concern. I used the dimensions off the site and made a little "mock up" model of it for her out of 80# paper to see how it fit her hand. Weight was a little difficult to emulate, but I put a couple of DuraCells in the tube I made just to try and get some idea of the heft -- I know this was not to exact dimension, but close enough. Not like she's a 98# weakling, but she is a heavy vaper, so holding it for a long period of time is a factor.
I just know this will do the trick and she will love it.

So what your saying is the pro vari is too heavy for her. Well it's probably to big too and uncomfortable for her to hold. The Infinity weighs about the same as a full map tank, maybe a little more but not much. It's not nearly as fat either. Mike got alot of input from the girls before he made it so I'm sure she'll love it. I'm so glad you went with the 901. Bovinia posted a picture of hers in her hand.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
LOL, yes, 5card, the ProVari is way too heavy for her, even with the 18490/18500 batteries. It is a very nice PV and I really like it, but how many bells and whistles does one need? I have a perfectly good Fluke VOM that I can easily measure the atty or carto ohms with or measure voltages. Just takes a few seconds to do. And, the el cheapo box mods I make for about $10 put out the exact same vapor as the higher priced models. Isn't that odd? I think we sometimes get lost in all the bells and whistles. And please understand, I'm not knocking my ProVari or ProVape in any way, shape, or form. They too are a fine vendor.
I did see the picture of Bovinia's Infinity in her hand. It looks perfect to me. And I too am glad I went with the 901. Now there are so many more options available. One of these days I'll be able to type fast enough to get a Map Tank. Seems soon as I get the notification that they are in stock again, by the time I get logged in, they are sold out. I just can't seem to win.
Thanks again for all of your help and kind comments. I will forward your well wishes, Bovinia, to Mrs. Horton aka Tina. She's not much of a "forum person" so I do most of the yakking. But I will be certain to make sure you know her reaction to the Infinity and hopefully I can get a picture to post as well. She's a tiny little lady with very small hands. Tina was an ER trauma RN for close to 30 years until her back finally gave out from pounding the concrete. She can grease in an IV better than any nurse I've ever seen. (Sorry, I'm bragging) One of her claims to fame is cutting off Rev. Al Sharpton's clothes when he was stabbed in NY. She says that was a night to remember....lol. (I'll spare the details and some of the humorous comments I've heard about that incident) Now we live in FL on disability, eating cat food and waiting to die, as they say down here. What a life....lol. But at least I have my TI4050 and Maxim dig pot samples to play with and that keeps me occupied and in a state of confusion most of the time.
Can't wait to get that Infinity. I hope Mike is working on it right now....lol.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Haha, I can imagine some of the comments and gossip about the Sharpton incident! I moved to CT a year ago from Jacksonville, Fl but before Jacksonville I lived on the west side of FL too. I would guess you are probably farther south than I was, in Crystal River. My ex works at the nuke plant there. It's about 90 miles north of Clearwater :)

I tried to tell my hubby that we were doing things bass akwards moving to CT! His mom is here and needs us to be closer tho, since he's an only child.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
LOL, yes, 5card, the ProVari is way too heavy for her, even with the 18490/18500 batteries. It is a very nice PV and I really like it, but how many bells and whistles does one need? I have a perfectly good Fluke VOM that I can easily measure the atty or carto ohms with or measure voltages. Just takes a few seconds to do. And, the el cheapo box mods I make for about $10 put out the exact same vapor as the higher priced models. Isn't that odd? I think we sometimes get lost in all the bells and whistles. And please understand, I'm not knocking my ProVari or ProVape in any way, shape, or form. They too are a fine vendor.
I did see the picture of Bovinia's Infinity in her hand. It looks perfect to me. And I too am glad I went with the 901. Now there are so many more options available. One of these days I'll be able to type fast enough to get a Map Tank. Seems soon as I get the notification that they are in stock again, by the time I get logged in, they are sold out. I just can't seem to win.
Thanks again for all of your help and kind comments. I will forward your well wishes, Bovinia, to Mrs. Horton aka Tina. She's not much of a "forum person" so I do most of the yakking. But I will be certain to make sure you know her reaction to the Infinity and hopefully I can get a picture to post as well. She's a tiny little lady with very small hands. Tina was an ER trauma RN for close to 30 years until her back finally gave out from pounding the concrete. She can grease in an IV better than any nurse I've ever seen. (Sorry, I'm bragging) One of her claims to fame is cutting off Rev. Al Sharpton's clothes when he was stabbed in NY. She says that was a night to remember....lol. (I'll spare the details and some of the humorous comments I've heard about that incident) Now we live in FL on disability, eating cat food and waiting to die, as they say down here. What a life....lol. But at least I have my TI4050 and Maxim dig pot samples to play with and that keeps me occupied and in a state of confusion most of the time.
Can't wait to get that Infinity. I hope Mike is working on it right now....lol.

Ya that ProVari looks like a good unit. My ex was an aide or something in a wee hospital in Mont. and the doc used to have her come in and help in the O.R. I told her she wasn't supposed to be doing that and she agreed but didn't want to say no. I'm sure they weren't big oporations but she still wasn't supposed to be in there. Little town. Kind of a wide spot on the hwy.. She used to pass meds there too. Long time ago. I'm sure it's tightened up by now. Tina is what I call my daughter. Tell your Tina we all wish her a wonderful and happy birthday.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I know about the only child thing.... I'm one of them. I did the move to be closer to my dad, but unfortunately, the day I signed on the house we were buying near him, he passed on. I had just sold a beautiful almost certified organic 150 acre farm to move closer. Talk about timing. But, your parents take care of you for many years and when their time comes, it is your duty to reciprocate.
Tina told me I could tell one of the orders that was given for Rev. Al by the attending..... they had to order a pediatric urinary catheter -- the others were too big. I about fell over laughing when she told me that one.
Bo, you sure did do the moving backwards. But, right now, I'd love to see some snow. I really miss the seasons. I never know if it's fall or spring down here. Just summer.... hot and humid. Miss steelhead and coho fishing seasons the most. Although, when I talk to friends who can't get out of their driveways due to snow, I do stop and think....lol. I think Crystal River is about 50 miles N of us. I'm a little "geographically impaired" so that is a very uneducated guess.
The ProVari is a very nice PV. It is well made and works as advertised. The only thing I've noticed is the battery life is not as good as claimed and sometimes my low battery indicator comes on a little early. I can reset it by just unscrewing the end cap and breaking contact with the anode, then screwing back on.
They have to do what they must in those little hospitals. From what I've been told, as long as there is a doc present, you can do what they order. Sounds a little wacky and unsafe to me, but I guess that is the doc's call. I sure wouldn't want to be doing operations with no instructional manuals present.
I will pass on your greetings to Tina. Maybe one of these days I can get her on the forum. I'm just not sure how we can do an account for her off the same IP addy. Is there a way around that?
Thanks again for making me feel so welcome here. This forum is so huge, but this little subforum reminds me of a small town where everyone knows and watches out for each other. I really like that and appreciate it.
Well, guess we are going to watch Grumpy Old Men, or at least that is what I was just told. So I shall take my leave saying thanks again for all of your help and kindness..... horton ----- out

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks, 5card..... I really appreciated your words. It was a couple of years ago, but it still weighs on my mind. What frosted me the most was how cold the personnel were in the hospital when he passed. Not one word of condolence or what steps to take next..... I walked out in a daze not knowing what to do.... He lived a full life and I'm grateful for the time I did have with him. Time does make things feel a little better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread