Article on Vaping heart events

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakiser56

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
New Hope, PA
Basic take away is that is *may* increase risk of cardiac events such as stroke or heart attack. The authors did point out this does not prove a cause and effect relationship.

However I know from my own experience, I did have angina, but I wouldn't place the blame on vaping at all, as other issues may also contributed to the build up of plaque in my arteries.

I do know that without vaping I wouldn't be almost 5 years cigarette free! I also don't feel the need to vape anymore either, but encourage others to vape if they really want to quit smoking.

Vaping Tied to Rise in Stroke, Heart Attack Risk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Dr. Farsalinos' rebuttal:
E-cigarette use increases the risk of stroke and heart attack: conclusions that constitute epidemiological malpractice
In conclusion, both studies provide no information about any risk associated with the use of e-cigarettes. They do not prove an increased risk and of course they do not prove that no such risk exists. They simply cannot address the question of whether e-cigarettes increase the risk for heart disease or not. I am confident that the authors of the published study and the American Heart Association, which released the press statement for the conference abstract, are very well aware of these basic epidemiological principles. This is simple, basic knowledge for a medical student, let alone for acknowledged scientists. And they know that the statements about “increased risk” are wrong. So, why do they use these statements? Perhaps we should ask them…

Last edited:

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Tobacco Control scientific fraud: falsely blaming smoking for heart disease that's really caused by cytomegalovirus
CMV & other infections cause heart disease
NHANES: 40% of cardiovascular disease is due to CMV, with more among working class, which includes more smokers. Persistent pathogens linking socioeconomic position and cardiovascular disease in the US
This is as large a proportion as for hypertension
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/38/3/787.long
and is likely underestimated, because the study design couldn't take age at primary infection into account.
CD28null pro-atherogenic CD4 T-cells explain the link between CMV infection and an increased risk of cardiovascular death. Aging contributed only marginally, and only in CMV+.Over 75% of CMV-reactive CD4 T-cells were CD28null.
CD28null pro-atherogenic CD4 T-cells explain the link between CMV infection and an increased risk of cardiovascular death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread